+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64

Reload Thread: Where's my box DC Creations?

  1. #46
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass Car Audio View Post
    WTF, that must be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You offer to do stuff for free and then get threatened to be banned.
    Yep I still have the messages he sent me







  2. #47
    jaeguerra909's Avatar
    jaeguerra909 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    ontario,california
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Lol can we start a petition to not have this guy be a mod?



    Hu:pioneer deh-prs80
    Eq:audiocontrol three.2
    Substage:4 sundown zv4 18s
    Front stage:6 pwx 6.5's 2 pwx 8's and 4 obaidian st1 tweeters
    Sub amp:sundown saz 5000d
    Front stage amp:sundown sax 125.4

  3. #48
    Spooney's Avatar
    Spooney is online now Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte,MI,USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    724 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeguerra909 View Post
    Lol can we start a petition to not have this guy be a mod?
    Seems like we wouldn't have to. If other members did the same **** we would be talking about a ban. Why is this any different?




  4. #49
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Are there even any mods left around here?




  5. Thanks Spooney thanked for this post
    Likes Dmac1991, SounDrive liked this post
  6. #50
    resonate's Avatar
    resonate is offline Bonafide MAFer



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass Car Audio View Post
    WTF, that must be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You offer to do stuff for free and then get threatened to be banned.
    Welcome to CarAudio.com.





    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

  7. #51
    Spooney's Avatar
    Spooney is online now Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte,MI,USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    724 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Are there even any mods left around here?
    At least one has chimed in on this thread in the last day or two and he is owed a box as well




  8. Likes denim liked this post
  9. #52
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    At least one has chimed in on this thread in the last day or two and he is owed a box as well
    Can we summon Goob?




  10. #53
    denim's Avatar
    denim is offline SSAudio.com



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SSA HQ East
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    640 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Are there even any mods left around here?
    Yes.





    CarAudio.com mod(original)

  11. Likes Falcons, supereikenator liked this post
  12. #54
    DasHos's Avatar
    DasHos is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    @denim - 'sup with those Khaotic boxes? I wanna get a ZCON 12....and possibly one of those. There's no shops worth anything around here, so a custom box is pretty much not an option. I was looking at the single ported enclosure, but the cubic footage seems kinda low for the ZCON....whatcha think?




  13. #55
    denim's Avatar
    denim is offline SSAudio.com



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SSA HQ East
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    640 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by DasHos View Post
    @denim - 'sup with those Khaotic boxes? I wanna get a ZCON 12....and possibly one of those. There's no shops worth anything around here, so a custom box is pretty much not an option. I was looking at the single ported enclosure, but the cubic footage seems kinda low for the ZCON....whatcha think?
    Shoot me a PM about Khaotik enclosures as I don't want to take away from DC Creations.





    CarAudio.com mod(original)

  14. #56
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    @CarAudio.com Admin ;

    Why don't you start acting like you actually run this place.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  15. #57
    Falcons's Avatar
    Falcons is offline that **** i dont like



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albion, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?




    Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

  16. #58
    AV Tek's Avatar
    AV Tek is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Not normally on this site, but I stumbled upon it, and after reading many posts and topics here and seemingly all over the internet of dissatisfied DC Creations/Pro Rabbit/Dustin customers, I thought I'd leave a little story here for you to read.

    I normally build my own enclosures and such, but about seven years ago, I was on a 6 month assignment for work, about 1000 miles from my home and my carpentry tools. While away from home, and making a large per diem, I started to really desire a new sound system in my dually aimed at SQ over SPL. I also decided that I needed a custom center console to accommodate my work laptop that I frequently used on site, as well as my switch panel array for my electrical accessories (lights, winch, rear view camera, as well as my ignition and stereo valet switches) and 120VAC power outlets. So, with that, I designed a 3/4" MDF sealed down-firing sub enclosure for a 12" sub tuned to my ideal liking, and then designed a center console, that would stretch all the way from my lower dash to the front of my rear seat, to be built around that sub enclosure out of 3/8" birch plywood. I drew up a very detailed print with dimensions and detailed views for areas that I felt needed special attention paid by the builder that I would reluctantly choose to do what I wished I had my tools to do myself. With those drawings and dimensions in hand, I consulted a local custom cabinet/furniture builder (older guy in his mid 60's with about 50 years of experience in the trade) to see if he'd take on the project. He showed me some of his cabinetry and furniture work, and said my project really wouldn't be a problem for him to quickly knock out, and he even thanked me for all of the work I put into the drawings for him. He even suggested an internal arched bracing for the console (that rounded over my tranny hump) and inside the sub enclosure that he often used on tables that was far superior to the "A" brace I had planned. He took some other measurements and angles inside my truck, and even quickly made a negative imprint of my lower dash and the front of my rear seat with a clay-like material that he said he normally used to take imprints of 3 dimensional shapes in which to make them 2 dimensional so he could mimic them with a router to give decorative depth to some of his otherwise flat woodwork. This guys was truly an experienced master. He called me a mere four days later, and told me to stop by, inspect it, and give it a fit check. I went by, and I was blown away by the finished product. Not a rough cut anywhere on it as if it was cut with a CNC machine and the edges were all nicely radiused. He also routed out a spot on top for my laptop to sit in, instead of it sliding off of my seat every time I hit the brakes hard. My expectations were not only met, but were FAR exceeded. Not a nail or screw anywhere on it, it was all expertly assembled with finger joints and glue...and it was as solid as any wooden structure as I had ever seen. So, I put it in place, and it needed a bit of shaping at the dash and the rear seat, and to cut route out some hole on the sides towards the dash to add some 6 1/2" mid woofers, and route holes for cup holders because I had finally recieved the cup holders I wanted put in. He told me to come back in a few hours and we'd fit it again. When I went back, we put it back in, and it fit like a glove from the dash to the seat. I could have made that console 10 times, and never built it as accurate as he did on the first shot. And I'm a VERY meticulous person in my work. He then recommended a local upholstery shop that often did work for him on furniture he made, and that they could probably color match the factory leather and stitching in my truck. So I took it over there, and in another three days, they called me to come by and inspect the work. It was every bit as meticulously done as the console itself. When I finally put it in my truck, it looked like it was a factory console. It was solid, heavy, and sounded incredible once I got the Dayton subwoofer and 6 1/2's installed and wired up. The total cost of that build was $800 after buying the wood. ($500 for the console/sub enclosure, and $300 for the upholstery). Not a bad price considering the workmanship compared to the price of some shoddy prebuilt enclosures and even custom-fit enclosures I had looked at online. And those were just sub enclosures. Mine was a full console on top of that. My buddy bought that truck from me 4 years later and always text me to rub it in that my console was now his. He eventually just sold it about a month ago to a guy who also said he loved the console in it. That console looked just as good on the day he sold it as it did on the day I picked it up from the upholstery shop and installed it. I will probably always regret letting that truck go to someone else with that piece of artwork in it. If I can manage to dig up the pictures of it one day, I'll post 'em up here. It will bring a tear to your eye.

    So, the point of that story? With all of the custom cabinet/furniture makers and upholsterers out there, why do people continue to seek out places like DC Creations to build their overpriced enclosure and wrap it in cheap carpet that will fall off, only to end up unhappy in the end? It's really not rocket science to design a sub enclosure to a specific tune. It's mathematics. There are even free/shareware programs that will give you a basic outline that you can alter to fit your particular vehicle. Think outside the box, and find someone who is a master at the craft of woodworking if you don't feel comfortable with building your own enclosure. Just because it's an enclosure for car audio equipment doesn't mean you have to go to someone in the car audio world to build it. Chances are, a cabinet/furniture builder will build your enclosure faster, stronger, better than 99% of the car audio installers will, because cabinet/furniture builders are indeed masters at their carpentry craft, while 99% of car audio guys merely dabble in the trade.



    Though, with what else I have also heard about Dustin, he will probably delete this and ban me since apparently he's a mod here. How a vendor is a mod is beyond me, anyway, But, whatever... Even if this helps one other person find another route to a quality product in a timely fashion, then it served its purpose. Dustin's reputation online is already in the dumps anyway, it seems. The funny thing is... I'm from Oklahoma City area, where he is apparently from, and I'd never even heard of him or his business until yesterday when I stumbled upon a DC Creations hate-topic while looking up specs on amps from OKC-based Digital Designs and Sound Qubed.




  17. Likes Jes 42, Dmac1991 liked this post
    Dislikes dbeez disliked this post
  18. #59
    Freeman's Avatar
    Freeman is offline I TrY



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Watertown, SD
    Posts
    834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcons View Post
    pro-fggt*




    1986 Nissan hardbody
    Hu:Kenwood Kmm-100u
    front:1 Cheep Kenwood speaker.
    Rear:the 3in of room behind my seat where my amp sits
    Sub:soon
    Amp:polk pa330
    Wiring:1/0 knu kca to 4gauge distribution block and 1/0 kca big 3

  19. Thanks Silverado SS thanked for this post
  20. #60
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

    Re: Where's my box DC Creations?

    Quote Originally Posted by AV Tek View Post
    Not normally on this site, but I stumbled upon it, and after reading many posts and topics here and seemingly all over the internet of dissatisfied DC Creations/Pro Rabbit/Dustin customers, I thought I'd leave a little story here for you to read.

    I normally build my own enclosures and such, but about seven years ago, I was on a 6 month assignment for work, about 1000 miles from my home and my carpentry tools. While away from home, and making a large per diem, I started to really desire a new sound system in my dually aimed at SQ over SPL. I also decided that I needed a custom center console to accommodate my work laptop that I frequently used on site, as well as my switch panel array for my electrical accessories (lights, winch, rear view camera, as well as my ignition and stereo valet switches) and 120VAC power outlets. So, with that, I designed a 3/4" MDF sealed down-firing sub enclosure for a 12" sub tuned to my ideal liking, and then designed a center console, that would stretch all the way from my lower dash to the front of my rear seat, to be built around that sub enclosure out of 3/8" birch plywood. I drew up a very detailed print with dimensions and detailed views for areas that I felt needed special attention paid by the builder that I would reluctantly choose to do what I wished I had my tools to do myself. With those drawings and dimensions in hand, I consulted a local custom cabinet/furniture builder (older guy in his mid 60's with about 50 years of experience in the trade) to see if he'd take on the project. He showed me some of his cabinetry and furniture work, and said my project really wouldn't be a problem for him to quickly knock out, and he even thanked me for all of the work I put into the drawings for him. He even suggested an internal arched bracing for the console (that rounded over my tranny hump) and inside the sub enclosure that he often used on tables that was far superior to the "A" brace I had planned. He took some other measurements and angles inside my truck, and even quickly made a negative imprint of my lower dash and the front of my rear seat with a clay-like material that he said he normally used to take imprints of 3 dimensional shapes in which to make them 2 dimensional so he could mimic them with a router to give decorative depth to some of his otherwise flat woodwork. This guys was truly an experienced master. He called me a mere four days later, and told me to stop by, inspect it, and give it a fit check. I went by, and I was blown away by the finished product. Not a rough cut anywhere on it as if it was cut with a CNC machine and the edges were all nicely radiused. He also routed out a spot on top for my laptop to sit in, instead of it sliding off of my seat every time I hit the brakes hard. My expectations were not only met, but were FAR exceeded. Not a nail or screw anywhere on it, it was all expertly assembled with finger joints and glue...and it was as solid as any wooden structure as I had ever seen. So, I put it in place, and it needed a bit of shaping at the dash and the rear seat, and to cut route out some hole on the sides towards the dash to add some 6 1/2" mid woofers, and route holes for cup holders because I had finally recieved the cup holders I wanted put in. He told me to come back in a few hours and we'd fit it again. When I went back, we put it back in, and it fit like a glove from the dash to the seat. I could have made that console 10 times, and never built it as accurate as he did on the first shot. And I'm a VERY meticulous person in my work. He then recommended a local upholstery shop that often did work for him on furniture he made, and that they could probably color match the factory leather and stitching in my truck. So I took it over there, and in another three days, they called me to come by and inspect the work. It was every bit as meticulously done as the console itself. When I finally put it in my truck, it looked like it was a factory console. It was solid, heavy, and sounded incredible once I got the Dayton subwoofer and 6 1/2's installed and wired up. The total cost of that build was $800 after buying the wood. ($500 for the console/sub enclosure, and $300 for the upholstery). Not a bad price considering the workmanship compared to the price of some shoddy prebuilt enclosures and even custom-fit enclosures I had looked at online. And those were just sub enclosures. Mine was a full console on top of that. My buddy bought that truck from me 4 years later and always text me to rub it in that my console was now his. He eventually just sold it about a month ago to a guy who also said he loved the console in it. That console looked just as good on the day he sold it as it did on the day I picked it up from the upholstery shop and installed it. I will probably always regret letting that truck go to someone else with that piece of artwork in it. If I can manage to dig up the pictures of it one day, I'll post 'em up here. It will bring a tear to your eye.

    So, the point of that story? With all of the custom cabinet/furniture makers and upholsterers out there, why do people continue to seek out places like DC Creations to build their overpriced enclosure and wrap it in cheap carpet that will fall off, only to end up unhappy in the end? It's really not rocket science to design a sub enclosure to a specific tune. It's mathematics. There are even free/shareware programs that will give you a basic outline that you can alter to fit your particular vehicle. Think outside the box, and find someone who is a master at the craft of woodworking if you don't feel comfortable with building your own enclosure. Just because it's an enclosure for car audio equipment doesn't mean you have to go to someone in the car audio world to build it. Chances are, a cabinet/furniture builder will build your enclosure faster, stronger, better than 99% of the car audio installers will, because cabinet/furniture builders are indeed masters at their carpentry craft, while 99% of car audio guys merely dabble in the trade.



    Though, with what else I have also heard about Dustin, he will probably delete this and ban me since apparently he's a mod here. How a vendor is a mod is beyond me, anyway, But, whatever... Even if this helps one other person find another route to a quality product in a timely fashion, then it served its purpose. Dustin's reputation online is already in the dumps anyway, it seems. The funny thing is... I'm from Oklahoma City area, where he is apparently from, and I'd never even heard of him or his business until yesterday when I stumbled upon a DC Creations hate-topic while looking up specs on amps from OKC-based Digital Designs and Sound Qubed.
    As far as building a mechanically sound and pretty box a cabinetmaker would be a great choice. For things like knowing different vehicle's acoustics and how various subs actually perform in various alignments real-world in the car takes someone with as much experience in specifically speaker cabinets built for vehicles. Would your cabinet maker know that the difference between firing subs and port forward and subs and port to the side in my Jeep is over 3dB? Not likely, but a guy who has built 1000 boxes would know.

    I doubt you'll be banned though. Hopefully he will, but if he never comes back it amounts to the same thing. Really I thought he was one of the more knowledgeable and helpful members here and my vibe is that something in his personal life has prevented him from honoring his obligations. I don't think there was ever a complaint about the quality or performance of his work, but this isn't his first rodeo with not being able to deliver in a timely fashion.

    Would love to see pictures of your console though.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Selling my DC Creations 15" Slot Port Custom Box
    By 30DZ in forum DC Creations
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. Selling my DC Creations 15" Slot Port Custom Enclosure / Box
    By 30DZ in forum Miscellaneous Car Audio Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM
  3. 15" Custom Sub-Woofer Box for Sale by DC Creations
    By 30DZ in forum Subwoofer Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 11:41 PM
  4. where can I get a grill for my 12" DC lvl 4 XL
    By sethbuckner in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
  5. Where can i buy a terminal cup thing for my box!
    By jriley3 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 01:20 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum