Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Reload Thread: "DIY" enclosures

  1. #1
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    "DIY" enclosures

    Well, I have had a decent amount of interest in these lately. So I'm gauging interest to start offering them full time.

    For those that do not know what this is. This is basically a pre cut enclosure with all wholes cut that just needs to be assembled.

    The perks are it drastically cuts shipping down. It allows us to deal with much larger enclosures.

    The down side is, I have had some wood slightly bent from shipping them. This causes some panels to not line up 100%(all though this is not a huge issues, it can be if you are OCD lol). That is about the only down side I can think of right now.

    Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks. If we have enough interest I will work up a price setup and start offering them.







  2. #2
    MANTI5's Avatar
    MANTI5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    I've seen this work in some of the home audio forums I'm in. Don't see why it wouldn't work here.



    Refs: Mitch86, talon, kramer_212, kushy_dreams, ctmaudi, pro-rabbit, ikoolguy, tat2bass

  3. #3
    sacsking916's Avatar
    sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    emerald triangle..home of da trees
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    i have seen it work before. almost had it done with someone on here about a year ago. cant remember who offered it to me. seems like a win win for all parties




    TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

  4. #4
    truckramrod's Avatar
    truckramrod is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    I'd be willing to buy an unassembled enclosure from you.

    Maybe I could be a test subject if you are interested.



    95 Sonoma Ext Cab 4.3L 5spd, Dual alts Tenney 270 amp alternator and 240 amp H.O.alts, 4 DEKA AGM batteries
    Pioneer deh8400 rsd250.2 powering Infinity Kappa60.5 comps and Morel coaxials
    7.2 cube net wall 2 crossfire XSv215s and 4 bb2400.1s.
    Daily Driver: 1995 Buick Park Avenue "leather couch on wheels"
    JVC KD-HDR60 Aura RPM2300 on Opti5.1 comps and Planet Audio zr300.4 bridged on Morel Ultimo 6X9's
    REFS: AMPJUNKIELIKEME, SERJR711, ZEUSILICIOUS

  5. #5
    MANTI5's Avatar
    MANTI5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    If you'd like to try it out and send me one to review(and keep) I'd be willing to take on that heavy burden.



    Refs: Mitch86, talon, kramer_212, kushy_dreams, ctmaudi, pro-rabbit, ikoolguy, tat2bass

  6. #6
    cyn's Avatar
    cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Would be good man... A lot of people would rather buy it already cut and just put it together themselves instead of having to cut it out and everything else.. and being cheaper than having it prebuilt and shipping would more than likely get more people buying it that way... only thing i would suggest it to make sure to have a good diagram/blueprint showing how to put it together etc... etc... i mean if someone can save 50-100$ on a custom box and just put it together i think they would jump on it man... never hurts to put the idea out for a month or two to see how it turns out.



    2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

  7. #7
    sacsking916's Avatar
    sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    emerald triangle..home of da trees
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    Would be good man... A lot of people would rather buy it already cut and just put it together themselves instead of having to cut it out and everything else.. and being cheaper than having it prebuilt and shipping would more than likely get more people buying it that way... only thing i would suggest it to make sure to have a good diagram/blueprint showing how to put it together etc... etc... i mean if someone can save 50-100$ on a custom box and just put it together i think they would jump on it man... never hurts to put the idea out for a month or two to see how it turns out.
    thats the one complaint we get most from people trying to build a box or looking for a box. they dont have the confidence in themselves to cut and put together a box.




    TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

  8. #8
    cyn's Avatar
    cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    thats the one complaint we get most from people trying to build a box or looking for a box. they dont have the confidence in themselves to cut and put together a box.
    yeah I remember the first box I built was kind of like wtf am I doing... but after the first one its a lot more easier... but honestly even knowing how to build them and cut etc... I would order one pre-cut to save me the time during the weekends of messing with it.. 2-3 hours cutting laying everything out etc.. verses paying a lil more money to just have to glue it and screw it together is a win win for me anyway... and for the noobs thats wanting to learn and do an easier step also..

    Just make sure to add in Detailed Plans to put it together.



    2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

  9. #9
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Well I figure we can do different levels of DIY enclosures. That way for those who don't need all the extras to make it super easy they don't have to pay for it.

    I will try and get a few different options for different levels of a DIY kit.




  10. Likes MANTI5 liked this post
  11. #10
    Spooney's Avatar
    Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte,MI,USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    I'd be interested for sure. I have all the means to build my own enclosure but time isn't always on my side or the weather at this time of the year. If there was a reasonably priced professionally cut/designed enclosure available there would be no good reason to not go that route in my situation.




  12. #11
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    I'd be interested for sure. I have all the means to build my own enclosure but time isn't always on my side or the weather at this time of the year. If there was a reasonably priced professionally cut/designed enclosure available there would be no good reason to not go that route in my situation.
    This is my deal....just do not have the time sometimes



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  13. #12
    cyn's Avatar
    cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Well, I have had a decent amount of interest in these lately. So I'm gauging interest to start offering them full time.

    For those that do not know what this is. This is basically a pre cut enclosure with all wholes cut that just needs to be assembled.

    The perks are it drastically cuts shipping down. It allows us to deal with much larger enclosures.

    The down side is, I have had some wood slightly bent from shipping them. This causes some panels to not line up 100%(all though this is not a huge issues, it can be if you are OCD lol). That is about the only down side I can think of right now.

    Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks. If we have enough interest I will work up a price setup and start offering them.
    with shipping you could always get some 1x2"s and put across the top / botton of this and band it together to keep them from warping very little cost in doing that ... get a few 1x12's and cut them to 2"s have a little bracing in there man...



    2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

  14. #13
    disturbed471985's Avatar
    disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood, La
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    AMI Creations use to offer this and I bought 2 from him. I say go for it. Dave "crx" now owns both of those boxes..



    RIP Maynard "My heart"

    HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

  15. #14
    daboyfrumdabx's Avatar
    daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pleasant Mt., PA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    I like the idea. Not having straight cuts is what holds me back the most...the lack of space and current temps don't help either lol. I have clamps, glue, drills, and screws so I'd be set if I had some wood with straight cuts to work with. This may come just in time as I'm going to be snagging an enclosure from you in the near future anyway.



    *Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

    Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

  16. #15
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: "DIY" enclosures

    Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    with shipping you could always get some 1x2"s and put across the top / botton of this and band it together to keep them from warping very little cost in doing that ... get a few 1x12's and cut them to 2"s have a little bracing in there man...
    We typically take every precaution we can when shipping. However, as we all know the logistic companies do not take those same cautious actions.

    I will be working on some pricing to get an idea on what we can do. I'm sure we can figure something out that works for everyone's skill level and make it an affordable option.




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Custom enclosure quotes
    By sk8erboyla2004 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 03:03 PM
  2. Quote needed for enclosure/amp rack.
    By FoxPro5 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
  3. need quote for diamond d6 12" enclosure
    By Arawak420 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 03:52 PM
  4. "Esoteric" components
    By 89S4 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum