Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Reload Thread: 8 and 10 ports

  1. #16
    Vossy's Avatar
    Vossy is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Cloud MN
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    That's awesome, I'd be interested to hear the prices. However I don't make boxes with aeros very often.



    2 Sundown Z 12s
    2 AQ 2200s strapped @ 1
    Infinity 6030cs on a JBL GTO 75.4
    in a BMW e46

    Youtube: www.youtube.com/diablo2369




  2. #17
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Well, let me do some research to see what a fair price will be.

    I will post up when I get some numbers and such. Should be with in a week or so. Trying to get all this done while building so it may take a little bit of time to finalize everything.




  3. #18
    Buck's Avatar
    Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    18,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Can you do any length? Or ****, even just the flares. You can do sonotubes for the actual port but the flare is the most desired part of a 8" or 10" piece.



    Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Quote Originally Posted by n8skow View Post
    Just repeating what's already been said - interested - yes, but at a price that works for you and us? That's the challenge...

    Hand building the flares out of fiberglass I think is gonna be a bit of a deal breaker as it'll will take a good amount of time to build and cure, let alone sand, and really limit any sort of 'mass' production. Kinda hard to comment on without seeing a prototype though - or maybe the purposed production method you plan to use...
    This is a valid point. It would be time consuming to produce fiberglass flares. Time equals money. I think it would be challenging to produce them and keep a reasonable cost. Using pvc or some other plastic wojuld be much less time consuming yet it would cost a bit more to make.



    Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

  5. #20
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Im sure plenty will want them




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  6. #21
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    This is a valid point. It would be time consuming to produce fiberglass flares. Time equals money. I think it would be challenging to produce them and keep a reasonable cost. Using pvc or some other plastic wojuld be much less time consuming yet it would cost a bit more to make.
    If some one is looking for cheap heated up pvc this will not be for them. Not bashing on the pvc guys, but that is just not what I am considering for a long list of reasons at this time. I don't expect them to be extremely high, but not exactly cheap as mentioned time with creating them is a factor.


    Let me see where I can get as far as price point and I will get back with everyone.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    If some one is looking for cheap heated up pvc this will not be for them. Not bashing on the pvc guys, but that is just not what I am considering for a long list of reasons at this time. I don't expect them to be extremely high, but not exactly cheap as mentioned time with creating them is a factor.


    Let me see where I can get as far as price point and I will get back with everyone.
    Isnt that basically what n aeroport/precision port is though? Lol Basically its plastic melted into shape.



    Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

  8. #23
    beat-down69's Avatar
    beat-down69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, KY
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    yea i am interested also in a set of 8s i am in the process of building my box now. So as soon as you come up with a price and everything let me know.




  9. #24
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    Isnt that basically what n aeroport/precision port is though? Lol Basically its plastic melted into shape.
    Yes, they are actually plastic pellets that are heated and injected into a mold. Heat pvc with a heat gun does not act the same as injected molding and is harder, ever with a good mold, to have decent quality control. I'm not saying we have ditchef the idea of pvc all together. Just saying at this time with the options we have in front us this may work out.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Yes, they are actually plastic pellets that are heated and injected into a mold. Heat pvc with a heat gun does not act the same as injected molding and is harder, ever with a good mold, to have decent quality control. I'm not saying we have ditchef the idea of pvc all together. Just saying at this time with the options we have in front us this may work out.
    yeah I know how hard it is to get a decent flare with PVC, I've tried it. Let us know how it works out. I think I'm going to give a fiberglass flare a try if I can get some 6" pvc from work. I've thought about fiberglass before but didnt know if it would work.



    Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

  11. #26
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: 8 and 10 ports

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    yeah I know how hard it is to get a decent flare with PVC, I've tried it. Let us know how it works out. I think I'm going to give a fiberglass flare a try if I can get some 6" pvc from work. I've thought about fiberglass before but didnt know if it would work.
    It works great. You have to make a very good mold and then you have a few options on how you build them. Vacuum forming is a great way.

    With a few options for 6" already out there, I don't think I will be doing any for that size.




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Hdc3 10 box and aero ports question
    By JBGabriel in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum