Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 8 and 10 ports

Vossy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: 8 and 10 ports

That's awesome, I'd be interested to hear the prices. However I don't make boxes with aeros very often.

2 Sundown Z 12s
    2 AQ 2200s strapped @ 1
    Infinity 6030cs on a JBL GTO 75.4
    in a BMW e46

Youtube: www.youtube.com/diablo2369

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter
    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Well, let me do some research to see what a fair price will be.

I will post up when I get some numbers and such. Should be with in a week or so. Trying to get all this done while building so it may take a little bit of time to finalize everything.

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Can you do any length? Or ****, even just the flares. You can do sonotubes for the actual port but the flare is the most desired part of a 8" or 10" piece.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n8skow View Post
    Just repeating what's already been said - interested - yes, but at a price that works for you and us? That's the challenge...

Hand building the flares out of fiberglass I think is gonna be a bit of a deal breaker as it'll will take a good amount of time to build and cure, let alone sand, and really limit any sort of 'mass' production. Kinda hard to comment on without seeing a prototype though - or maybe the purposed production method you plan to use...
    This is a valid point. It would be time consuming to produce fiberglass flares. Time equals money. I think it would be challenging to produce them and keep a reasonable cost. Using pvc or some other plastic wojuld be much less time consuming yet it would cost a bit more to make.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Im sure plenty will want them

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    This is a valid point. It would be time consuming to produce fiberglass flares. Time equals money. I think it would be challenging to produce them and keep a reasonable cost. Using pvc or some other plastic wojuld be much less time consuming yet it would cost a bit more to make.
    If some one is looking for cheap heated up pvc this will not be for them. Not bashing on the pvc guys, but that is just not what I am considering for a long list of reasons at this time. I don't expect them to be extremely high, but not exactly cheap as mentioned time with creating them is a factor.

Let me see where I can get as far as price point and I will get back with everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    If some one is looking for cheap heated up pvc this will not be for them. Not bashing on the pvc guys, but that is just not what I am considering for a long list of reasons at this time. I don't expect them to be extremely high, but not exactly cheap as mentioned time with creating them is a factor.

Let me see where I can get as far as price point and I will get back with everyone.
    Isnt that basically what n aeroport/precision port is though? Lol Basically its plastic melted into shape.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

beat-down69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

yea i am interested also in a set of 8s i am in the process of building my box now. So as soon as you come up with a price and everything let me know.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Isnt that basically what n aeroport/precision port is though? Lol Basically its plastic melted into shape.
    Yes, they are actually plastic pellets that are heated and injected into a mold. Heat pvc with a heat gun does not act the same as injected molding and is harder, ever with a good mold, to have decent quality control. I'm not saying we have ditchef the idea of pvc all together. Just saying at this time with the options we have in front us this may work out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Yes, they are actually plastic pellets that are heated and injected into a mold. Heat pvc with a heat gun does not act the same as injected molding and is harder, ever with a good mold, to have decent quality control. I'm not saying we have ditchef the idea of pvc all together. Just saying at this time with the options we have in front us this may work out.
    yeah I know how hard it is to get a decent flare with PVC, I've tried it. Let us know how it works out. I think I'm going to give a fiberglass flare a try if I can get some 6" pvc from work. I've thought about fiberglass before but didnt know if it would work.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

yeah I know how hard it is to get a decent flare with PVC, I've tried it. Let us know how it works out. I think I'm going to give a fiberglass flare a try if I can get some 6" pvc from work. I've thought about fiberglass before but didnt know if it would work.
    It works great. You have to make a very good mold and then you have a few options on how you build them. Vacuum forming is a great way.

With a few options for 6" already out there, I don't think I will be doing any for that size.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2