Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Reload Thread: Quote

  1. #1
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Quote

    Sub(s)-What brand, model, size: (2) Sundown Audio SA-12

    Power-What brand and model? The sa-12's are rated at 600 rms but clearly can take much more. The amp I have atm is an audioque aq1200d I want to get a aq2200d to power them more.

    Available space-max height, width, and depth: It's a jeep but I do have a spare tire mounted to the side so I 35" is about the max width with the tire in but I can take it out if necessary id like to keep height down so i can use the tarp cover. So 35" x 15" x 30" (maybe more but doubt u need that much)

    Vehicle-year/make/model: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

    Output Desired-SPL/SQ: SQL

    Type of music-What do you listen to the most(examples of music would be great)? Mainly Alternative, Metal, Techno (hard style and trance mainly), some rap/hiphop I'm trying to maximize the kick drum thump I used to have in my old car I think that box was around 38hz.

    Zip code(full address that is on your credit card or paypal would be great)-Must have it for a shipping quote: 14420

    I was thinking 2.0 - 2.25cuft per sub or whatever u think is best I know you have experience with the sa-12's lol. Idk if you can do slot flared ports but that would be amazing as well.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)




  2. #2
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
    Sub(s)-What brand, model, size: (2) Sundown Audio SA-12

    Power-What brand and model? The sa-12's are rated at 600 rms but clearly can take much more. The amp I have atm is an audioque aq1200d I want to get a aq2200d to power them more.

    Available space-max height, width, and depth: It's a jeep but I do have a spare tire mounted to the side so I 35" is about the max width with the tire in but I can take it out if necessary id like to keep height down so i can use the tarp cover. So 35" x 15" x 30" (maybe more but doubt u need that much)

    Vehicle-year/make/model: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

    Output Desired-SPL/SQ: SQL

    Type of music-What do you listen to the most(examples of music would be great)? Mainly Alternative, Metal, Techno (hard style and trance mainly), some rap/hiphop I'm trying to maximize the kick drum thump I used to have in my old car I think that box was around 38hz.

    Zip code(full address that is on your credit card or paypal would be great)-Must have it for a shipping quote: 14420

    I was thinking 2.0 - 2.25cuft per sub or whatever u think is best I know you have experience with the sa-12's lol. Idk if you can do slot flared ports but that would be amazing as well.
    I will have a you a few quotes shortly.




  3. #3
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    I have the same jeep. Port firing to the driver's side works well, you have 18" height if you want to stay below the window line, 42" between the wheel wells side to side, and I don't think you have quite 30" front to back unles you angle it at the front because of the way your seats angle.


    OP, keep me posted with what you end up with for a design and how you like it. I'm constantly changing mine




  4. #4
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    I have the same jeep. Port firing to the driver's side works well, you have 18" height if you want to stay below the window line, 42" between the wheel wells side to side, and I don't think you have quite 30" front to back unles you angle it at the front because of the way your seats angle.


    OP, keep me posted with what you end up with for a design and how you like it. I'm constantly changing mine
    Yup I just messured the width without the spare tire and it is about 42" so that's what you have to work with.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

  5. #5
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
    Yup I just messured the width without the spare tire and it is about 42" so that's what you have to work with.
    I sent you an email with a design and quote, if you would like I can change it up a little to accommodate the size a little better.




  6. #6
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I sent you an email with a design and quote, if you would like I can change it up a little to accommodate the size a little better.
    I replied to the email with updates and questions. What was the software you used to make that rendering of the box? it's nice.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

  7. #7
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
    I replied to the email with updates and questions. What was the software you used to make that rendering of the box? it's nice.
    I haven't seen the picture but he uses Google Sketchup.




  8. #8
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    I haven't seen the picture but he uses Google Sketchup.




    I was going to get the AQ2200D but I think I will have him build me a box first to see if I even need to increase my wattage lol. I'd like the subs and port facing the rear tho so I can cover the box with my canopy thing in back.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

  9. #9
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    yep google sketchup

    I have a few more I will be sending you with the kerf port you were asking about.

    I have an adjusted version of that one as well..




  10. #10
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    yep google sketchup

    I have a few more I will be sending you with the kerf port you were asking about.

    I have an adjusted version of that one as well..
    Thanks I can't wait to see them.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

  11. #11
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Did you send them to my email? I didn't get them yet.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

  12. #12
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Don't load those woofers too close to the rear wall. Keep a good 8" between the back of the box and the liftgate for best results. You'll probably wind up taking the panel of that lift gate, it'll rattle like crazy. If you add more subs and more power you'll end up breaking the center console off the roof and the light will pop out of the liftgate




  13. #13
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Don't load those woofers too close to the rear wall. Keep a good 8" between the back of the box and the liftgate for best results. You'll probably wind up taking the panel of that lift gate, it'll rattle like crazy. If you add more subs and more power you'll end up breaking the center console off the roof and the light will pop out of the liftgate
    Yea right now they are way more then 8" from the back but i hear you they do pound. My rear window rattles now but i can't get it open to fix the weather striping.



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

  14. #14
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
    Did you send them to my email? I didn't get them yet.
    No sir, I found a few things on the design I didn't care much for and I'm working around those issues right now. You should have them in your email this evening some time.




  15. #15
    Ninesvnsicks's Avatar
    Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Quote

    How is the progress coming?



    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum