+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Looking for a shop who wont guilt you on installing gear that you didnt buy from them

steve4134 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking for a shop who wont guilt you on installing gear that you didnt buy from them

Hey All

Name is Steve and I am looking for a shop to install a complete system. Nothing too drastic Component set up front rears and a fiberglass enclosure on the side of the trunk. 2 shops I went to looked at me like the biggest piece of garbage because I already had the 5 channel amp i wanted to use and the component set. The 2 shops didnt even carry the brands i wanted. I am in the Waterbury area as well as working in Orange. I welcome any recommendations or if anyone ever wants to meet up.

Steve

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Re: Looking for a shop who wont guilt you on installing gear that you didnt buy from

do it yourself, just my 2 cents. You will be a lot happier overall and it's a good time to learn as any.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Looking for a shop who wont guilt you on installing gear that you didnt buy from

Believe me as much as I want to I would just rather pay for a professional. If it was an older car maybe but its a 2010 Accord EX-L.

Steve

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Pretty stupid to turn away business IMO. Especially considering there's really not much margin in equipment these days. AFAIK not a ton of members in here from CT but perhaps someone will chime in with a reputable shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve4134 View Post
    Believe me as much as I want to I would just rather pay for a professional. If it was an older car maybe but its a 2010 Accord EX-L.

Steve
    Just so you know.. most terrible jobs i've repaired are from "shops".. lol to each their own. Jprice doesn't do his own work either though..

Some people like the hobby but don't wish to deal with it personally, to each their own. I hope you find one around you man, lots of people on here may be willing to help ya for a lot less than a shop would charge man.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would be open to that as well. I was shocked when the shops like we dont install used equipment. Then when i was its BNIB he was like we charge an up charge on equipment you didn't buy from us. I would be open if a member here had experience and wanted to do the work.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve4134 View Post
    I would be open to that as well. I was shocked when the shops like we dont install used equipment. Then when i was its BNIB he was like we charge an up charge on equipment you didn't buy from us. I would be open if a member here had experience and wanted to do the work.

Steve
    many a member here does work that puts a shop to shame.. they will chime in, just keep this thread bumped when you can for them to see ite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump hoping JL Audio is correct and someone chimes in....

Steve

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)

You nothing drastic. But a fiber glass enclosure isn't as easy as you think. And the better shops that make them usually want to install their own equipment

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am ok with picking up a sub and or wiring but if you don't carry the AMP or speakers I want but you do really good work why is it a big deal.

Steve

NFrazier is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What equipment do you have....?

ACT Audio is offline ACT AUDIO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are about an hour from you, but good reputation of installation. We install any equipment and can go through options of boxes available. let us know. 860.870.7676

A.C.T. Audio, LLC
    Vernon, CT
    The only thing better than our product, is our service.

feedback thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367575
    ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=maximumlimit200 3&ftab=AllFeedback
    Ref: Astrolade, NewAgeKing, Peas247, BLKMica_03, MCarmer, Andrew_as, path2spl

+ Reply to Thread