Reload Thread: June 28th: MECA show, schererville

Tonyguy is offline Welcome to Thunderdome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: June 28th: MECA show, schererville

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    What you putting in the truck?
    For now, i'm running a piece of **** HU. But i'm in the process of trying to stuff 80 sq ft of Damp pro into a regular cab S10. I'm gonna be putting Hertz HSK-165 midbass in the doors until I can afford HAT L8s. I'm also got some HAT L4s that are going into the dash mounted factory location. They will be running from about 400hz or so (still tentative) on up until they roll off naturally around 16-17k hz. No tweeters. And I hopefully will have an ADS PQ40.2 running the midbass and an ADS P450.2 running the mids. Power should be 300 x2 at 4 ohms for midbass and 150 x2 at 4 ohms for mids. And the sub is still in the air as I don't have much space. I have an 8w7 that I may try to fit in somewhere.

Refs:massiveaudiocw, 9512ds, Team OSC SVT,kyleg94cavy,chucku,paintballproam,req,teamquak ecelica,PureSPLprix,trunks9_us,
    iceteebone,wong05tsx,sdsport92064,clutchless

Quote Originally Posted by 9512ds View Post
    I wanted to shake the hand of tonyguy

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyguy View Post
    For now, i'm running a piece of **** HU. But i'm in the process of trying to stuff 80 sq ft of Damp pro into a regular cab S10. I'm gonna be putting Hertz HSK-165 midbass in the doors until I can afford HAT L8s. I'm also got some HAT L4s that are going into the dash mounted factory location. They will be running from about 400hz or so (still tentative) on up until they roll off naturally around 16-17k hz. No tweeters. And I hopefully will have an ADS PQ40.2 running the midbass and an ADS P450.2 running the mids. Power should be 300 x2 at 4 ohms for midbass and 150 x2 at 4 ohms for mids. And the sub is still in the air as I don't have much space. I have an 8w7 that I may try to fit in somewhere.
    I believe the HAT L4 is designed to be run with a tweeter and I'm sure your sound stage would be better with one. One of the DOA guys runs a HAT 3-way set up and it sounds solid.

I stepped away from SQ this year and I'm more SQL. Still sounds good to the ear, but no worrying about staging issues, etc... just loud and clean sounding

dave_damage is offline Soundstream Nut Swinger

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate work!!

Refs. --Navi--, andrew2944r, TeamPSI, FASTIMES, connersdad19, bball09124, cccullen, Team H&K, Fusion_FREAK, hemi=22s, ProjectPechkin, DaPinballWizard, FJF, Farmacist, stevexyz, cf2004, fredridge, slam, btr x's2, blackga, ZPilot, moboman, jbizzle, csb41502, davidt487, RyanM923, Blazemore, mrogowski, gordos420, Flipx99, maintrain, Mike., LoggedOut, MonkeyBone, DBBOOM, kubie, lowriderram_95, f150john, 96MaxGLE, focus_in_the_cp, twistedchild420, k_schutte, theMessenjah44, BigE, loud-n-low, nicker10, tapout, basscort2009, blackman, midwestmonstas, Pr1m3, 1phatclipse, Tirefryr, delussional77, michaellane, casper97ta, DC GTP, tenbux1970, existenz, BassAddictJ, sk8luder 97

Tonyguy is offline Welcome to Thunderdome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    I believe the HAT L4 is designed to be run with a tweeter and I'm sure your sound stage would be better with one. One of the DOA guys runs a HAT 3-way set up and it sounds solid.

I stepped away from SQ this year and I'm more SQL. Still sounds good to the ear, but no worrying about staging issues, etc... just loud and clean sounding
    True, it is designed to be run with one. But a few people over on DIYMA have had great luck running without one. Here is an example of one:
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-t-tacoma.html

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia%20L4.pdf

And here in the second paragraph on the first page of the users manual, they discuss the drivers abiity to be used as a near-full range driver. It extends up to 17k easily, and although it does when on axis, and my mounting won't be, I think the reflections will help with the top-end. And worst case, if not, I always got the tweeter from the Hertz set that i'll add use it as a 3-way set. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.

Refs:massiveaudiocw, 9512ds, Team OSC SVT,kyleg94cavy,chucku,paintballproam,req,teamquak ecelica,PureSPLprix,trunks9_us,
    iceteebone,wong05tsx,sdsport92064,clutchless

Quote Originally Posted by 9512ds View Post
    I wanted to shake the hand of tonyguy

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2