Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 131

Reload Thread: Dallas Show 10/8

  1. #91
    ItalynStylion's Avatar
    ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx.
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Yep, first time for me. The fuse was in the trunk b/c I ran out of time on my install. I did everything in one day so at the end of the night at 12 am I just said f*** it and zip tied it to some foam board I had used as a template to mount the amp.

    Pics

    Silver 02 manual IS300

    Eclipse 8445

    PPI 600.4

    Focal 165V1

    And thats it.......for now



    Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.




  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Your staging and placement is what got you the 1st place. The ohter guy had a very nice and smooth sub stage, which you dont have, but his staging was way off and he has whine, and turn on/off noises.

    You scored what? 155 IIRC and he scored a 149




  3. #93
    Megalomaniac's Avatar
    Megalomaniac is offline Mr.SQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    lol that fuse is a tad bit far from the battery...



    Did you fabricate those tweeterpillars of the door?



    Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

    so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

    ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

  4. #94
    ItalynStylion's Avatar
    ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx.
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Yeah it was 155.....and im workin on the fuse placement I promise. I think im going to mount it to the battery cover, I have a nice little spot that will work well.

    Those are the tweets stock location but i had to cut out the insides of the covers to get the new ones to fit inside.

    Jntar, what 8" sub were we talking about that we thought might be a good match for my setup? I cant remember and I cant seem to find the site...



    Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Quote Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
    Yeah it was 155.....and im workin on the fuse placement I promise. I think im going to mount it to the battery cover, I have a nice little spot that will work well.

    Those are the tweets stock location but i had to cut out the insides of the covers to get the new ones to fit inside.

    Jntar, what 8" sub were we talking about that we thought might be a good match for my setup? I cant remember and I cant seem to find the site...

    http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli_ser...formation.html




  6. #96
    ItalynStylion's Avatar
    ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx.
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Yeah that was the one, thanks man.



    Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.

  7. #97
    Megalomaniac's Avatar
    Megalomaniac is offline Mr.SQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    can someone breakdown how sq is judged?

    placement, sound, cabling...thats it right?



    Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

    so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

    ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

  8. #98
    Chevyaudio's Avatar
    Chevyaudio is offline :poof:



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back in the Dirty BR, Louisiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    I can give you a vague description as for what USACi looks for in an install. and Justin said that the TBP SQ is judged 100 pts for sound, and 75 for install (I think).

    As for install...

    Wires need to be completely loomed and secured every 6 inches throughout the car. Fuses need to be the proper distance from the battery. Subwoofers and other speakers need to be covered with some sort of grill. amps and all equipment must be secured down with either screws or bolts. fuse sizes need to be correct. battery posts need to be protected with an insulator. There are a ton more, but im sure that Justin doesnt go into great detail (especially since his power wire is ran through the door ) as far as install at the TBP shows like some USAC judges do.




  9. #99
    Megalomaniac's Avatar
    Megalomaniac is offline Mr.SQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyaudio View Post
    I can give you a vague description as for what USACi looks for in an install. and Justin said that the TBP SQ is judged 100 pts for sound, and 75 for install (I think).

    As for install...

    Wires need to be completely loomed and secured every 6 inches throughout the car. Fuses need to be the proper distance from the battery. Subwoofers and other speakers need to be covered with some sort of grill. amps and all equipment must be secured down with either screws or bolts. fuse sizes need to be correct. battery posts need to be protected with an insulator. There are a ton more, but im sure that Justin doesnt go into great detail (especially since his power wire is ran through the door ) as far as install at the TBP shows like some USAC judges do.
    I don't expect justin to help me, since he is a judge.

    when you mean loomed do you mean with techflex or the black plastic looming you get from home depot?

    btw i didnt catch your name at the show chevy? mine is Mir...pronounced Meer



    Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

    so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

    ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

  10. #100
    Chevyaudio's Avatar
    Chevyaudio is offline :poof:



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back in the Dirty BR, Louisiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Plastic looming is fine. Best way to do a good SQ install is to completly gut the car. Contact alpineinstaller Via PM (he was at the Dallas show this weekend with me) he is an SQ competitor in USACi he might have some Input, Im more of an SPL guy.




  11. #101
    Megalomaniac's Avatar
    Megalomaniac is offline Mr.SQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    i figure i would have to gut my car...but hey that wont be too bad it be a fun day for me



    Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

    so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

    ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Install

    Car must be safe
    Security system is a plus
    all wires for the amps, hu, speakers, and subs must be hidden and terminated correctly.
    Power wire must be ran neat, safe, and secure with the fuse no more the 18" from batt
    neatness of car
    5 minute walk through of system

    Sound

    eye level
    wider then a pillars
    on hood of vehicle
    left and right positions correct
    left, right, and center instruments in correct placement
    sub, mid-bass, midrange, high sounding correctly blended
    engine noise, turn on and off noise, any hardware noises
    total sound


    I am probly forgetting some...I can email you the scoresheet if you need me to.




  13. #103
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    nice ride ItalynStylion. looks to be a good sq setup in the works. congrats on the win also




  14. #104
    Megalomaniac's Avatar
    Megalomaniac is offline Mr.SQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dallas Show 10/8

    Quote Originally Posted by LeofromtheH View Post
    nice ride ItalynStylion. looks to be a good sq setup in the works. congrats on the win also

    With a little time and money invested that car is a very good vehicle to use.




Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum