Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Car alarm for 04 f-150

F150beatz is offline 04 F-150

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Car alarm for 04 f-150

i have a 2004 f-150 and in 6 months it has been keyed twice and has had a break in attempt. i need the top of the line alarm system and i need some advice on what to get

Black_Jesus is offline The Unexpected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Car alarm for 04 f-150

viper 791xv and some extra piezo sirens.. like 10

HeavyChevy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F150beatz
    i have a 2004 f-150 and in 6 months it has been keyed twice and has had a break in attempt. i need the top of the line alarm system and i need some advice on what to get
    I'd first ask who the hell doesn't like me or wants to be the first one on the block stuntin' with a fresh new pair of prostetic legs. Do a search in the security forum...2 installers in there was talkin about the Prestige APS-996 over the Viper 791XV because you have 7 available channel outputs to add whatever you want and with the Viper it just like buying Nike's; your paying for the name. Whatever you decide 2-way pager is very nice to let you know your alarm going off. What you decide to do after that is in your hands.

crhye250r is offline Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have installed alarm on top of alarm at work. Almost on a daily basis. At least 4 a week or so. Anyway, the Viper Responder Line leaves alot to be desired (and I have one on both my vehicles) in my opinion. The new line Viper has brought out with the LED Paging system seems to be much better. These are still relatively new, but they have proved more reliable and durable than the 791/691s. I will likely be switching mine out very soon. The LCD Responder remotes are far from durable.

From an installation standpoint, the Viper is a bit more simplistic, as alarms go. The output channels are also limited in comparison with the prestige. If i were you, i would either go with an LED Responder from Viper, or possibly look into the Clifford Matrix line, which for some reason have worked a little better than the vipers. I don't have a ton of experience with the Prestige alarms, as our shop doesn't install them. We did do several of the Prestige Keyless Entries, and they proved pretty solid with few defectives. I would say the alarms would work in a similar fashion.

Look into Audio Mics for your alarm. They detect high frequency sounds such as a a vehicle being keyed. If nothing else look into proximity sensors such as DEI's 508D. They can be an annoyance, but if set up properly work very well. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot them my way.

MECP Certified Installer

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

crimestopper has some nice ones, But it will be hard for u to find an installer to install it .

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread