Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alarms

Alright, first question is, I've been debating about getting an alarm on my Blazer, however, I will only have this car for one more year until getting a new car. So the first question is, if I do decide to get an alarm, are you able to transfer it over to the other car?

Second question is, that right now, I have some pretty top of the line equipment in my car, atleast to me. I got a W7, two amps, components, and I had a Pioneer screen but I just sold it, and I'm probably going to be getting a new screen soon. So the question is, is it worth it to get an alarm? Will it stop theifs if they really want to get my stuff. I live in a very nice place and I usually keep quiet about my system to my friends and around school. I am able to park in a garage, so I'm fortunate for that, but on those days that I go to the movies or just out for the day, I am sometimes worried about getting jacked.

Third question, if you said that I should get an alarm, what should I get? My local shop told me I should get the top of the line Cliffard alarm which was the 850 model number or something, but he said it's be around $640 with tax and install done, along with some extra special horn, that hs like a backup battery in itself or something, so it will not turn off if broken into. I really think $640 is pretty steap for an alarm, but I know that I will want to get it installed by a shop, however I was thinking maybe I could buy off the internet so I'd make things a little cheaper. So if you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alarms

Quote Originally Posted by HardHitter
    Alright, first question is, I've been debating about getting an alarm on my Blazer, however, I will only have this car for one more year until getting a new car. So the first question is, if I do decide to get an alarm, are you able to transfer it over to the other car?
    Yes. And if places like Best Buy and Circut City install it, then they will uninstall it from one vehicle and install it into another for a flat fee ($160 round here).

Second question is, that right now, I have some pretty top of the line equipment in my car, atleast to me. I got a W7, two amps, components, and I had a Pioneer screen but I just sold it, and I'm probably going to be getting a new screen soon. So the question is, is it worth it to get an alarm? Will it stop theifs if they really want to get my stuff. I live in a very nice place and I usually keep quiet about my system to my friends and around school. I am able to park in a garage, so I'm fortunate for that, but on those days that I go to the movies or just out for the day, I am sometimes worried about getting jacked.
    Above and beyond audio, usually an alarm will decrease your insurance rates if you talk to your agent But I never recommend against getting an alarm. Never a bad idea IMO.....always better safe than sorry I guess. Nice neighbor hood or not, you never know when someone will try to take your gear. It doesn't have to be extravagent, $200-$300 will get you a good quality alarm that will do everything you need it too. But you could easily spend $1000 or more with all the added features and add ons and crap.

Also, talk to your insurance agent about insuring your stereo. It will cost more, but depending on the cost of the insurance vs. the cost of the stereo, it may be worth it.

Third question, if you said that I should get an alarm, what should I get? My local shop told me I should get the top of the line Cliffard alarm which was the 850 model number or something, but he said it's be around $640 with tax and install done, along with some extra special horn, that hs like a backup battery in itself or something, so it will not turn off if broken into. I really think $640 is pretty steap for an alarm, but I know that I will want to get it installed by a shop, however I was thinking maybe I could buy off the internet so I'd make things a little cheaper. So if you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    See above......you could easily spend $1000 on an alarm if you wanted a whole bunch of extra stuff. $640 isn't bad. You could go cheaper in price but you won't get all the extra features usually.

As for buying off the net......most places will rape you on install charges for alarms if you don't buy it from them. Think abou it......most dealers will charge ~$50/hr, and an alarm install can easily last 5hrs and up to 10hrs depending on what all is being done.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    834 Post(s)

Re: Alarms

ID SUGGEST JUST A GOODremote pager system...it pages u if ur car is broken into.. it will show on the screen---- trunk open/hood open/ door open ect.....its bout 350-400 installed...i love mine.oh yea its got a remote start too! i have a autopage...look at prestige and i think avioux(sp) makes 1

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Closed Thread