Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Top alarms with 2-way transmitter?

swingking03 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Top alarms with 2-way transmitter?

I am looking for an alarm with a 2-way transmitter for my prelude. I was wondering what some of he best were for the least amount of money. I was looking at the prestige 669a and clifford alarms. What are the best?

joshpoints is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Top alarms with 2-way transmitter?

Quote Originally Posted by swingking03
    I am looking for an alarm with a 2-way transmitter for my prelude. I was wondering what some of he best were for the least amount of money. I was looking at the prestige 669a and clifford alarms. What are the best?

I got the crime stopper informer and it seems to be working just fine. The long range disarm/arm remote has its disadvatages. I leave it outside of my pocket because I have accidentally disarmed in while in my pocket and also popped the trunk.

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DEI for quality/dependability/reliabilty. Compustar for range...

--Don

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

scbysnx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say I got a viper and I'm not impressed with the range at all.. it has lots of trouble through walls ofcourse but also through other cars.. glass.. I can be fairly close sometimes and it won't work.. I'll do some measurements and figure out how exactly its performing

the_flatlander is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whrer can you find Clifford, DEI, and Vipor alarms online besides ebay?

1995 Acura Integra Ls
    Pioneer DEH-P7500
    RE XXX12
    RE 12.1

Quote Originally Posted by snova031
    They should make people like superman get parental consent before conducting any online activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by `pr0digy
    I was giving you a free massage officer... I'm sorry you didn't like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    I always thought you needed a 7th order quasi-quintiple bandpass transmission snail line in order to put up good numbers and sound good ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_flatlander
    whrer can you find Clifford, DEI, and Vipor alarms online besides ebay?

DEI IS Clifford/Viper/Python/etc...

Their sales are restricted..Absolutely NO Online sales. And the products MUST be Dealer Installed.

--Don

Refs:

sumone is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hold on, no online sales for what? I've seen a couple ads on eBay. If I bought one off eBay and found a shop to install it, what does that mean??? or what's the scope of 'no online sales' or what exactly does it pertain to

best sig of all time

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yo man go with the crimestopper cs-315fm u will love it. It has some many features.

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sumone
    hold on, no online sales for what? I've seen a couple ads on eBay. If I bought one off eBay and found a shop to install it, what does that mean??? or what's the scope of 'no online sales' or what exactly does it pertain to
    ALL online sales are restricted on their alarms. So are any "over the counter sales" They are intended to be sold AND installed Dealer only. Because it is on Ebay doesnt mean its ok. DEI has a few pending lawsuits against online companies selling the products. RemotestartDepot and Etronics to name a couple.

IF you find a dealer willing to install an Ebay bought unit, they will most likely charge a small fortune and advise you that you will have no warranty on the product, just their labor.

--Don

Refs:

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cant go the cheap route for everything fellas, you gotta pay to play- A good alarm is some piece of mind, specially when installed professionally

I recommend the 690xv or 791xv(remote start) for a good two way- My range is pretty good, as I get my warnings from inside a shopping mall or what not- the pager itself doesn't have enough range obviously to turn it off/on from far distances but the warnings do come through to you, and you know if its a just a warning or you alarm is going off

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

hoss is offline imma genius. so **** it!

inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i love my viper 790xv, although at times the transmitter does have its issues. distance i am not all impressed with, and the design of the remote could be improved a bit. i think the remote could have greatly benefitted from a cover of some sort as the buttons are very easily pushed, and i too have disarmed/popped the trunk/set the panic mode off in my pocket. i find that i have to leave the transmitter hanging out of my pocket, and at times i still bump into it and push the buttons.

i really wish i had seen the compustar units before i bought my viper. everything i have heard about them sounds great. super range, great features, better LCD display... i would definitly say check them out. and ditto on the "you get what you pay for". security isnt really a category you wanna cut corners with. people might wonder why you are spending so much when you could have spent less... but you will have a better piece of mind knowing you did it right.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

ii got a autopage w/ the carbon fiber remote(dont no the model#)and no i didnt get it cause of the remote..was 320 installed but had to put up another 30 for sum by-pass module...so all together it was like 360 w/ tax.......works great...awesome responce and long distance capabilities.....a++

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

KrnMackMattsta is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

www.asianwolf.com sells DEI stuff, along with 10 million other security related stuff.

Chevillac is offline The X Factor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill add my review. I am not really impressed with my viper 690xv. It does have issues that the other two people adressed (pocket thing, range.) but my remote died after 10 seconds in the rain... The valet would not shut it off. I also was testing to see what set it off, and probly got just short of breaking my window, and the alarm didnt even warn, i went around shaking my car bumping it. I opened the trunk, The factory alarm went off but not the viper. This was the big one though, I left the windows down and opened the door, nothing, touched stuff inside the car, nothing, started to take out my dash and cd player, nothing, i could have taken everything out. Got out of the car and closed the door....Alarm goes off, What the ****? no warning or alarm til i closed the door? anyway im gonna have it looked at, because i called viper as soon as that happened. anyway jsut had to add that in.
    C

At least 4125 Soldiers Died In Iraq R.I.P
    FORUM BLACK LIST(The Originators!)
    Devillain00,sumone, KARLEON, Worlddre(BABD) LBX2G, Lemans23 aka Pv_audio, Black_Jesus, Kali77(MIA), Cobra_Commander, Niggz89, adio, dbubble, hjrouter76, 80INCHES, 937DYTBOI, speedyd718, Bdawson72, atoz350

Quote Originally Posted by duece212 View Post
    whats the world coming to, we have a bunch of prideless dicksuckers in our midst

refs: I rob people, I steal

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Devillain00
    Ill add my review. I am not really impressed with my viper 690xv. It does have issues that the other two people adressed (pocket thing, range.) but my remote died after 10 seconds in the rain... The valet would not shut it off. I also was testing to see what set it off, and probly got just short of breaking my window, and the alarm didnt even warn, i went around shaking my car bumping it. I opened the trunk, The factory alarm went off but not the viper. This was the big one though, I left the windows down and opened the door, nothing, touched stuff inside the car, nothing, started to take out my dash and cd player, nothing, i could have taken everything out. Got out of the car and closed the door....Alarm goes off, What the ****? no warning or alarm til i closed the door? anyway im gonna have it looked at, because i called viper as soon as that happened. anyway jsut had to add that in.
    C
    yeah cus u need to have that looked. Sounds more like an installtion issises.

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast