Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Having difficulty in inserting the key into the lock - requires a locksmith

herexmafe is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Having difficulty in inserting the key into the lock - requires a locksmith

i have my car nissan GTR 2002 and overall it is a nice car but from a week ago i'm having problem while inserting the key in to the lock and if it goes inside the lock then it wont turn. i dnt know what to do with it if anyone is familiar with this issue then plzz help me and drop me a message ...

LOUDNDEEP is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Having difficulty in inserting the key into the lock - requires a locksmith

try spraying liquid graphite into the lock cylinder..let it soak in for about 20 minutes and then work the key back and forth for a while until it operates smoothly then start turning the key. you may have to spray it a few times. if this doesnt work then you need to have the lock cylinder rebulit or replaced. your nissan dealer can help you with that

WhyUmad is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just used some household 3 in 1 oil and it fixed this problem in one of my older cars

Car audio installs and 12v repairs/troubleshooting in South Florida... Send me a PM... 10+ years experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3n1 oil does work but doesnt last. it is to thin. where i live the road salt would just laugh at 3n1. op if you live in area without a lot of road salt you should be ok with whyumads suggestion but if you are up north then try the graphite

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

So you're saying you have an R34 skyline in America and your key won't work anymore?

You're going to have one hell of a time finding a locksmith that can make a key for a Skyline (if you even own it) and if you have actual lock problems and need the part replaced, it probably won't be easy finding that either.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    So you're saying you have an R34 skyline in America and your key won't work anymore?

You're going to have one hell of a time finding a locksmith that can make a key for a Skyline (if you even own it) and if you have actual lock problems and need the part replaced, it probably won't be easy finding that either.

umad that he owns a skyline?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 09civic View Post
    umad that he owns a skyline?
    Nope just saying he may have trouble with his key problems, and he joined the wrong forums asking for help lol

A nissan forum would be a much better place to go to. He asked if anybody here is familiar with it, and I'm sure very few people here have owned an R34

I'd be jealous if it was an R32 though lol

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

a lock cylinder is a lock cylinder, the only reason i suggested the dealer was for the key code to code the cylinder. it being a gtr has nothing to do with the actual repair

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDNDEEP View Post
    a lock cylinder is a lock cylinder, the only reason i suggested the dealer was for the key code to code the cylinder. it being a gtr has nothing to do with the actual repair
    Getting a part for a car there was never manufactured in america isn't as easy you think, espeically a Skyline.

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i agree but i hardly doubt the skyline has special uber rare exotic lock cylinders. probably the same cylinders as a stanza or altima. op i would check the skyline forums for sure but i am almost positive they are standard run of the mill cylinders

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Getting a part for a car there was never manufactured in america isn't as easy you think, espeically a Skyline.
    This. There were major things that had to be done to make them a legal driver in US, they were never mfg. here. Finding anything without buying it from Japan or HK is very difficult.

Stupid Loud.

Varinabassing is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Can't believe no one has made a fast and furious joke yet lol

02 Dodge Ram Sport Quad Cab.... 5.9L
    Excessive Amperage 225 amp Alt
    2/0 weld wire
    RF T2500.1bd
    4 Sa-10s 5.3 cubes tuned to 35htz
    still loooking for front stage

Varinabassing is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    This. There were major things that had to be done to make them a legal driver in US, they were never mfg. here. Finding anything without buying it from Japan or HK is very difficult.
    Change the driver side and emissions

No biggie

02 Dodge Ram Sport Quad Cab.... 5.9L
    Excessive Amperage 225 amp Alt
    2/0 weld wire
    RF T2500.1bd
    4 Sa-10s 5.3 cubes tuned to 35htz
    still loooking for front stage

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varinabassing View Post
    Change the driver side and emissions

No biggie
    Swapping all the drive linkage and dash isn't a "no biggie", but you can legally drive right hand drive cars in the US, look at mail trucks.

Emissions was a big deal because they are REALLY picky about it. Porsche Carrera GTs had the same issue. They kept getting sent back to the shop multiple times because US DOT went through them with a fine-tooth comb.

Stupid Loud.

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

really dude???,a buddy i was in the Marines with brought an R32 back with him and parts are not hard to get,just goes the the dealer and orders them,its that simple. hell i have a 92 paseo,they stopped making those here in the US in 97,and parts are just an order away.when we were in Japan i toured the Toyota plant, Toyota,Nissan and Honda are all in the same giant a$$ building/plant

anyone with an IQ over 50 can get parts for anything,just a matter of time and research.

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast