Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Viper 791xv, driver door not locking by fob or switch now, R.A.P tied into disarm

fox_forma is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Viper 791xv, driver door not locking by fob or switch now, R.A.P tied into disarm

I have this alarm in a 96 Trans Am that was already hooked up when I bought the car. Two issues are at hand but the main issue is the driver side door will not lock using the key fob or the door switch. I can lock it manually and all doors will unlock using the fob or door switch and the pass door will work correctly as well. I have been testing wires at the BCM, in the door and at the grounding points trying to see if there are any dead wires but all the tests are saying the lock should work. The door lock actuator is ok as well as I tested it on the pass side door and it worked. Would the driver door not locking be tied into the Viper alarm somehow? I don't want to tear apart the dash if it isn't linked together somehow.

The second issue I have with this alarm also is when you dis-arm it will act as if you just turned the key to the on position in the ignition and the radio will start playing until the door is opened then it shuts off. Somehow the disarm is tied into the R.A.P so i do not know if both these issues are linked together or what.

Any ideas?

03 Silverado SS
    Single 12" Tarantula T5 in 2.2^3 tuned to 32hz
    Cadence z9000 4ohms bridged pushing around 800wrms
    Pioneer Avic D3 Bypassed
    Dynomax Exhaust dumped
    W4M Performance Tune
    Volant CAI
    Black 22" Lorenzo 17's
    5 Piece Billet Grille
    Headlight Highbeam Mod, all 4 at once

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: Viper 791xv, driver door not locking by fob or switch now, R.A.P tied into disarm

first things first- check the fuse/circuit breaker and relay for the driver door. you should have a connector in the kick-pannel where you can test the door circuits. common problems were the switch and the wires in the hinge boot.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

jteske88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Viper 791xv, driver door not locking by fob or switch now, R.A.P tied into disarm

yeah same as above but ill chime about the actin like its on thing, it sounds like you have a wire on the ignition side wrong, thus it sends power to it when clicked

Closed Thread