User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How To Make A Car System Work In Your House???

arc_55 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Make A Car System Work In Your House???

hey, I was just wondering out of curiousity and I think i would enjoy making it aswell. You know at audio stores or any other well know shops like futureshop and bestbuy how they will have a example of a system setup on the wall. I was wondering how they do that and how it works becuase i would like to make a system because my home theatre amp just does not cut it. I imagine there has to be many harnesses and adapters involved, but I am sure someone knows on this site the parts needed because this is sorta out of my league.

[email protected]

ARC_55

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How To Make A Car System Work In Your House???

you need a 12 volt power supply....

smullen is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arc_55
    hey, I was just wondering out of curiousity and I think i would enjoy making it aswell. You know at audio stores or any other well know shops like futureshop and bestbuy how they will have a example of a system setup on the wall. I was wondering how they do that and how it works becuase i would like to make a system because my home theatre amp just does not cut it. I imagine there has to be many harnesses and adapters involved, but I am sure someone knows on this site the parts needed because this is sorta out of my league.

[email protected]
    Building it in something, Installing it and wiring it up are the easy and fun parts....

Finding an affording the power supply are not....

The problem is finding a Hi-quality power supply that will provide the required amperage at 12+ volts....

Its not uncommon to draw a 100+ amps on a car audio system...

If you are talking about a headunit, a small amp for some mids/tweets and a screen or two it could be done fairly easy, its when you get want to run subs and bigger more power hungry amps to push them...

A long time ago, before I was old enough to drive (real long time ago) I had a Kenwood Head unit, 2 pairs of Polk mid/tweets and some 6.5" Kickers wired up in my room... Back then I thought it sounded decent at low to moderate levels, but would cut off and or distort when I really cranked it because of lack of Current...

NRA Lifetime Patron Member

wErd is offline Maker of All Good Threads

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend said he hooked his 2 JLs up in his room, i hvaent seen it though

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah see your right about the power supply and everything. See when i hook up say a car encolsure to my home theatre amp it does not get the same volatge and they sound like **** even when playing with the amp settings. I was thinking maybe to save myself some money and trouble was to buy an Eq and tune the enclosure, but i am still worried that it will still be ****. Neways i am sure there has to be some sort of powersupply i can buy out there to run everything. Hiring will prolly be easy, but I need something that will run subs and components.

ARC_55

smullen is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arc_55
    yeah see your right about the power supply and everything. See when i hook up say a car encolsure to my home theatre amp it does not get the same volatge and they sound like **** even when playing with the amp settings. I was thinking maybe to save myself some money and trouble was to buy an Eq and tune the enclosure, but i am still worried that it will still be ****. Neways i am sure there has to be some sort of powersupply i can buy out there to run everything. Hiring will prolly be easy, but I need something that will run subs and components.
    An EQ is no substitute for Power.. It sounds like crap because your receiver does not have the *** to push it...

You need:

a. Amps that are made to run on 110 that will have enough power to push then. (Best Solution)

or

B. If you must go that Car audio amp way, 12 Volt amps that will push your subs and a power supply that will power the amps... (Harder to come by and will, still probabbly have a bit of noise from the power supplys)

I think if you really want a house sub, you be better off looking at Adire's site and picking up one of their house subs, build the correct size enclosure and ordering a plate amp from Partsexpress... You can get a 1000W amp that is made for the home (110VAC) for under 400. So for 6-700.00, you could have a home sub setup that would rival about any that is sold at Best Buy, Circuit or any of the retail joints...

I plan to go that route after I get some more done to my Blazer.... I want to get two Adire 15s or 18s... One for each side of my home theater setup...

NRA Lifetime Patron Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help smullen, but i am looking for something i can build and customize myself for experience and learning purposes. I was looking at Adire's site and was browsing through some things. Maybe I should go right to audio retailer and see what they can do for me becuase of course they have to get those power supplies from somewhere.

Smullen nice blazer by the way can't complain! and your right the Eq is not substitution for power. My home audio amp pisses off the neighbours already, but hey what do i care. (Aiwa AV-D77) Its got some better balls then my friends systems

ARC_55

Closed Thread