Closed Thread

Reload Thread: pioneer avh-p4300dvd question

carlrb is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pioneer avh-p4300dvd question

Hello, I have a pioneer AVH-P4300 HU in my truck and was wondering if anyone knew if the pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth unit was compatable with a HTC Inspire phone. And could I watch netflix on my HU by Bluetooth with it. Thanks.

Tint N' Tronics is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: pioneer avh-p4300dvd question

The bluetooth hands free kit is capable with all phones with bluetooth. It won't however stream any video.

Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tint N' Tronics View Post
    The bluetooth hands free kit is capable with all phones with bluetooth. It won't however stream any video.
    Yes this - however the Inspire has hdmi out, correct? The 4300 has A/V inputs... with some converter magic you may be able to watch movies from your phone

edit: found these

HDMI to VGA and 3 RCA Audio Video AV Adapter Cable 5ft - DinoDirect.com

Hot sell mini hdmi to rca cable products, buy Hot sell mini hdmi to rca cable products from alibaba.com

the second one is from a wholesale site I think - but they exist

Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

engi is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Heeltoeclutch;7785641]Yes this - however the Inspire has hdmi out, correct? The 4300 has A/V inputs... with some converter magic you may be able to watch movies from your phone

I looked at some forums before doing this myself. I don't think those cables will do it...you need a converter that will change the digital signal from the HDMI out to the analog signal needed for the composite A/V input in the p4300dvd. I did this a few months ago with this converter:

HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS (search for it on Amazon, wont let me post the link here)

It was a bit of a pain to install. Had to run a mini HDMI out to the standard HDMI in of this converter, then plug the converter into an inverter which I have plugged into the DC out (cig lighter) in my trunk, then run composite out from the converter to the back of the HU. Finally, since I have the original Droid X, I don't have a screen clone, so I had to download the Xternal Display app from the droid market. After install, works great. I can stream Netflix (or any other video), as well as NAV from my droid X (saves $400 for the NAV antenna).

My point is... you're right, it can be done... just make sure you get the right hardware.

Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=engi;7791985]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeltoeclutch View Post
    Yes this - however the Inspire has hdmi out, correct? The 4300 has A/V inputs... with some converter magic you may be able to watch movies from your phone

I looked at some forums before doing this myself. I don't think those cables will do it...you need a converter that will change the digital signal from the HDMI out to the analog signal needed for the composite A/V input in the p4300dvd. I did this a few months ago with this converter:

HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS (search for it on Amazon, wont let me post the link here)

It was a bit of a pain to install. Had to run a mini HDMI out to the standard HDMI in of this converter, then plug the converter into an inverter which I have plugged into the DC out (cig lighter) in my trunk, then run composite out from the converter to the back of the HU. Finally, since I have the original Droid X, I don't have a screen clone, so I had to download the Xternal Display app from the droid market. After install, works great. I can stream Netflix (or any other video), as well as NAV from my droid X (saves $400 for the NAV antenna).

My point is... you're right, it can be done... just make sure you get the right hardware.
    That's pretty cool.... wish I could have netflix in my car nice work mang.

Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

Closed Thread