Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Whose got a viper alarm?

Epic0318 is offline FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Re: Whose got a viper alarm?

yea i actually had that link saved on my laptop from the first time i added stuff to my impala. well thanks alot man i really appreciate it.

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those eBay modules are old an outdated. If you are considering one of those passlock 2 can be bypassed using two relays and a resistor and save you the money. Now you could purchase and xk01 which is a flash module one which the default firmware is that for your vehicle. Not only does it save you the need to flash it but it will also interface you door locks, door trigger, trunk release, trunk trigger and a few other things that alarms need to be connected to. This will make your install much easier.

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    Those eBay modules are old an outdated. If you are considering one of those passlock 2 can be bypassed using two relays and a resistor and save you the money. Now you could purchase and xk01 which is a flash module one which the default firmware is that for your vehicle. Not only does it save you the need to flash it but it will also interface you door locks, door trigger, trunk release, trunk trigger and a few other things that alarms need to be connected to. This will make your install much easier.
    If you ghetto bypass the Passlock system like that you disable the vehicle's stock security system. The bypass on ebay is fine, it still works great and is not that hard to install. Don't confuse low-tech with outdated, in the end if it performs it's functions, who cares? We tried to use a "homemade" bypass on my buddy's car and spent forever trying to get it to work (which we never did). In the end that $30 bypass was a much better option and we wished we would have just bought it in the first place.

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

When i worked at BB more people had issues with the vipers than an other brand.

Im better than you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    If you ghetto bypass the Passlock system like that you disable the vehicle's stock security system. The bypass on ebay is fine, it still works great and is not that hard to install. Don't confuse low-tech with outdated, in the end if it performs it's functions, who cares? We tried to use a "homemade" bypass on my buddy's car and spent forever trying to get it to work (which we never did). In the end that $30 bypass was a much better option and we wished we would have just bought it in the first place.
    Using two relays and a resistor will not disable the factory security in anyway as it is doing the exact same thing as a "lowtech" interface module which is simply a pair of relays and a variable resistor which ive had fail more times than I can count. I have yet to have to have a car comeback on me using the relay and resistor method. The interface module I listed is more ideal for a novice installer than a 555l due to there being only one wire to interface with the vehicle. I use the term outdated because that what it is, I am confusing nothing the industry is stepping away from manual bypasses such as the 555l and moving on to data interfaces such as the xk01 suggested. If you and your friend struggled to use the relay and resistor method you either had something wired incorrectly your metered your resistor value incorrectly which is a common mistake.

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

ok this just confused me even more. im not going to install this myself. ima have someone install this for me i just need to take them everything to install. and i want to take them the bypass and only pay $30 than pay the 80 they are charge for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DERECTED XK01 XPRESSKIT DOOR LOCK ALARM INTERFACE KIT | eBay

$9 more but makes for an easier more reliable install by not requiring relays and resistors for doorlocks or the isolation of door triggers to prevent false alarms caused by a sleepy bcm. Not to mention that year impala is one of the more irritating dashes to work under due to the fact that the bcm is against the fire wall and pretty difficult to access

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    DERECTED XK01 XPRESSKIT DOOR LOCK ALARM INTERFACE KIT | eBay

$9 more but makes for an easier more reliable install by not requiring relays and resistors for doorlocks or the isolation of door triggers to prevent false alarms caused by a sleepy bcm. Not to mention that year impala is one of the more irritating dashes to work under due to the fact that the bcm is against the fire wall and pretty difficult to access
    yea i know. i had an issue with the bcm before and it annoyed the **** out of me. but with that module i will be fine? no issues or anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no should be just fine

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

sweet thanks man

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Im getting mine installed tomorrow, the shop is using a Directed bypass for a Viper 5601 with the smart start add on. I think they are charging $80

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

im not getting the smart start since i dont got a smart phone but mine should be installed next week and yea they told me it would be $80 if they have to provide the bypass.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2