Closed Thread

Reload Thread: fm modulator for in car dvd/video question.

rockey95 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fm modulator for in car dvd/video question.

Folks, i have a question and wasnt sure exactly where to post it but i have a aftermarket dvd/video player that has to have a FM modulator with it, my question is this, can i use pretty much any FM modulator with this in order for the sound to play thru my speakers or do i need some special type of modulator?
    The reason i ask is that the local shop here was going to charger me $79.99 for one and i see them on the net for anywhere from $14 to $49.00.
    Thanks

kcso85 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: fm modulator for in car dvd/video question.

Hey Rockey, FM Modulators are not exactly component specific. They basically take over the antenna connection to your stereo system. The modulator goes in-line on your antenna connection. As far as I know, what makes them different or unique is the connector for whatever ever compnent your trying to hook up. Hope that helps.

kanyeofthebay is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: fm modulator for in car dvd/video question.

You're REALLY going to want to hardware the audio in your system if at all possible. If its really not possible you may want to consider selling the player and getting a new one. Even if you have to pay a bit more in the long run you may save if the modulator costs 80 bucks and you can get better hardwired sound with a $2 cable from radioshack.

Closed Thread