Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help with alarm system

Techmaster05 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Help with alarm system

Hey guys,

Recently I have decided to upgrade to a car alarm system. I drive a 2000 Subaru Outback so my alarm is pretty old and i'm sure my car is a ticking time bomb right now for a someone to break in. I just sold my current setup and will be building a new one. I will be spending over $2000, so I want to go all out with a new car alarm system. Here is what I picked out, let me know if their is something i'm missing.

Viper 5901
    Audio Sensor
    Tilt Sensor
    Radar Field Disturbance
    Back Up Battery System

WILL NEVER BUY USED SUBS OR AMPS EVER AGAIN

DMP
    DMP is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help with alarm system

Looks good to me. I would maybe stay away from the Radar Field Disturbance sensor. It can be pretty hard to get adjusted right. The alarm might go off when you dont want it too. I have the same digital tilt sensor. Some people dont like digital and prefer ball bearing or mercury tilt switches. They say they work better. I wouldnt know...never tried them out. The back up battery is good. I heard they go bad after about 6 months. Might not be true though.

Independent Installer in NJ

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the exact setup besides the Radar Field Disturbance Sensor. I chose to skip that for the reason DMP mentioned above. The parking lot at my college is too crowded for me to use something like that. I feel like it'll be going off every 30 seconds when the person parked next to me gets in/out of their car so I skipped it. If you rarely park where there's a lot of commotion, then I'd go for it.

Tilt sensor worked nicely for me, I armed it before doing my brakes the other day and I'd say one solid pump from the jack and it went off. I have it set a 3 degrees as opposed to the other option of 1 degree.

Audio sensor works nicely, pretty easy to set right. The Viper's shock sensor works great as well. It's a really nice unit overall, you'll like it.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Techmaster05 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya I do park in crowded areas as well so I may just have to pass on the field disturbance than. Thanks for letting me know your input

WILL NEVER BUY USED SUBS OR AMPS EVER AGAIN

Closed Thread