Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Change remote lock sound

thedj is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Change remote lock sound

Right now when I unlock my car with the remote it makes a whistle sound twice, and when I lock it, it makes a whistle sound once, is there a way to change the whistle sound by getting a new horn? I would prefer the remote lock sounds to sound like "tick tick" I dont like the whistle sound, does anyone know any good horns that make a good sound for the remote lock?

mike445422 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Change remote lock sound

factory bmw sirens sound good, you could try the programmable siren by scytek. It is a little pricey however

DMP
    DMP is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A different siren might work. Not sure what kind makes a sound like that. You could always just disconnect the siren and hook up the factory horn if you really dont like it.

thedj is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike445422 View Post
    factory bmw sirens sound good, you could try the programmable siren by scytek. It is a little pricey however
    Yeah I like the bmw sirens but I cant seem to find any, do you have a link to any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    A different siren might work. Not sure what kind makes a sound like that. You could always just disconnect the siren and hook up the factory horn if you really dont like it.
    I already have an aftermarket alarm fitted called the sniper x1 alarm system and it came with remote locking but I just want to change the sound that it makes when you lock and unlock the car, so I guess I just need to change the horn that was fitted under my bonnet of my car, I cant seem to find any online that have a sample preview of what it would sound like, if you have any links to any available online, I would appreciate it, thanks.

Closed Thread