Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Remote start guru's...

Gianotti is offline UNLIMTED POWER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Remote start guru's...

i have an 03 Dodge Diesel, just installed a Viper 5701 remote start, this is a 5spd, so you know with the new vipers you NEED tach for the RS, i cannot find tach to save my life, i am an installer, so i know what i am doin, just looking for some more input from other installers. i dont have a PCM on the side of the firewall like the autos do, i know where the ECM is on the side of the block, its not a blue/gray like the 04 and up, i have tried multiple wire ( testing ) no dice. i have tryed the Cam postion senor, no dice. you cant use virtutach or voltage, these diesel wont pick it up, i cant use the 454T? the tach generator, it wont sense the signal in enough time, i have been seaching for this thing for hours and no luck, **** i have this remote start and cant use it. any help would be great thanks!

John

Alpine
    Ohio Gen.
    Kinetik

Refs-Insaneman1731, PowerNaudio, RidgelineNate, Ryan Wallace A.K.A. Belunt, TypeRBass, btnhfan, thunder9500, SPLchoice, JD Builder, THXdts, DaGh0st, dirtyg, loudaccent, Custom98Monte, Tkitt21, jagblazer01, TheLow, KorpzJuggalo, _JaY_, KAC1023, fletch, Louisiana_CRX, NeverEnuffBass, carssnut, SPY, Alter Ego Trip

jakepatch is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Remote start guru's...

I ran into this problem on a 2002 Ram about a month ago. I ended up loking at the wire diagram for a 2001. Seems odd that your 2003 would be the same, but maybe worth a shot. On the 2001 there is 2 black plugs right about in middle of the firewall, right above the motor, one of them has a white insert in it. In the plug WITHOUT the white insert, there will be a orange/black wire for the wait to start light, and a gray/black wire for tach. Hopefully this helps.

2001 Hyundia XG300
    4- 10" Memphis Subs
    6.5" Soundstream components up front
    Crossfire CFA602 on subs
    Crossfire CFA302 on front
    Pioneer head

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm lazy too look up wiring info for the truck, but you tried to grab it right @ the injectors with no dice?

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

Canaan is offline Beatin' the block down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

idatalink ADS-AL CA ?

Shows tach output from the moduel.

Canaan White...'04 Avalanche
    HU Eclipse 7200MkII
    AMPS DD C4a(front active), 2 DD M2B
    SPEAKERS (Front) DD AT28, DD VO-M65
    SUBS...SOMETHING LOUD SOON!!?
    WIRES XSCORPION
    TEAM SOUTH

Desiard Street Pawn and Car Audio, Monroe, La...XScorpion and DD Audio Dealer.
    Shop Phone 318-343-8283

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jakepatch...i have the next body style up, so that diagram is completly diff from mine, i memeber that style, plus i dont have those plug and its a newer design computer/motor

x1le...havent really tried the injectors, on these diesels they are real sensitive and dont want to mess with that, if i have other options

canaan...its not a chipped key ( almost wish it was for this ) so no luck there

Alpine
    Ohio Gen.
    Kinetik

Refs-Insaneman1731, PowerNaudio, RidgelineNate, Ryan Wallace A.K.A. Belunt, TypeRBass, btnhfan, thunder9500, SPLchoice, JD Builder, THXdts, DaGh0st, dirtyg, loudaccent, Custom98Monte, Tkitt21, jagblazer01, TheLow, KorpzJuggalo, _JaY_, KAC1023, fletch, Louisiana_CRX, NeverEnuffBass, carssnut, SPY, Alter Ego Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

according to audiovox tech tips, it should be a gray/black that is in a large harness running along pass side of firewall.

instead of trying to hunt it down, tho, I would probably just grab it @ the uncommon color at the injectors. I've done it in the past with no problems.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10.4 ill try that thanks guys!

Alpine
    Ohio Gen.
    Kinetik

Canaan is offline Beatin' the block down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gianotti View Post
    jakepatch...i have the next body style up, so that diagram is completly diff from mine, i memeber that style, plus i dont have those plug and its a newer design computer/motor

x1le...havent really tried the injectors, on these diesels they are real sensitive and dont want to mess with that, if i have other options

canaan...its not a chipped key ( almost wish it was for this ) so no luck there
    The Idata Mod. is what....$80 msrp? Would save you a HELL of alot of headache and time. Should be able to do alarm, keyless, and r/s in no time w/ it.
    Those Idata mods are a dam godsend for newer vehicles, and the T-harnesses for some vehicles (toyota?) can have you in and out of a vehicle in less than an hour. Hell, I did full solder on my '04 Avalanche w/ RS-alarm-keyless and it was only 2.5hrs counting cleanup time. Alarm (sytek) wasn't d2d either, had to w2w on the bench.

Canaan White...'04 Avalanche
    HU Eclipse 7200MkII
    AMPS DD C4a(front active), 2 DD M2B
    SPEAKERS (Front) DD AT28, DD VO-M65
    SUBS...SOMETHING LOUD SOON!!?
    WIRES XSCORPION
    TEAM SOUTH

Desiard Street Pawn and Car Audio, Monroe, La...XScorpion and DD Audio Dealer.
    Shop Phone 318-343-8283

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^ Those t- harness's are nice. Recently did a newer Chrysler and it was pretty much plug and play.

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

true they are nice and save time, but like i said before it would be pointless for me to do if i dont have a chipped key and everything else is already wired in

Alpine
    Ohio Gen.
    Kinetik

mendon99 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is there a neutral safety wire for the truck? if you can find that, Id use that and wire the truck like an auto (thus, virtual tach)

SOFL: PM me for Auto Alarm/Remote start installs

refs: matmcss, nismos14, 6spdcoupe, kpr10is, Pyro by Nature, IONsql, 93 saturn sl2, sporty_drew, MadTheVillain, R-sosa, BiZkiT8u, Benilson09, bamavoo, XsabesX, ldyzlvudis06

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pretty certain that no manual transmission vehicles have a NSS wire. that's automatic only...

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

mendon99 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=x1le;7035097]pretty certain that no manual transmission vehicles have a NSS wire. that's automatic only...[/QUOTE

Nissan's, Subaru's, VW's do.. and those are only the ones Ive ever looked for

SOFL: PM me for Auto Alarm/Remote start installs

refs: matmcss, nismos14, 6spdcoupe, kpr10is, Pyro by Nature, IONsql, 93 saturn sl2, sporty_drew, MadTheVillain, R-sosa, BiZkiT8u, Benilson09, bamavoo, XsabesX, ldyzlvudis06

Closed Thread