Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

which bypass module for Viper 5701/03 Chevy Tahoe

I just picked up a Viper 5701 alarm/remote system, which bypass module would work for a 2003 chevy tahoe? I did the find which module fits my car and it says XpressKit Multi CAN Door lock interface XK09 but I see a more inexpensive DLPKGM module also for the Tahoe.

anyone know if the DLPKGM would work?

REFERENCES:
    Bought From: spyder43812, 87grnissan, dye4metal, dbeez, DonH (box build for Element)

Sold To:

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: which bypass module for Viper 5701/03 Chevy Tahoe

If you are set on using a directed product I would choose the dlpkgm. The xk09 will work however you need to have the xk-loader and flash it to the appropriate firmware and also need 2 different keys to program. The dlpkgm is ready out of the box and only requires 1 key for programming.

However, I would go with a fortin product for this vehicle. The fortin int-sl will do just about all functions for you. Door locks, alarm, tach, parking lights, brake output, rear defrost, power mirrors, trunk release, etc. It will give you the most bang for the buck imo and make installation that much either. All you would need to connect is the primary h3 ignition harness on the viper and the bypass module and you would be all set

http://ifar.ca/en/products/flash/int-sl/

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

HvNd4Speed is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

x1le...thanks for the info, i bought the alarm thinking it was ready to go out of the box, my local car audio shop is the one that informed me i needed that module, what does the module do exactly? he said i need it because the key has a transponder in it. I see the int-sl has a ton of functions, is the module just an easier interface into the car's control systems for all those features, avoids hard wiring?

I bought the 5701 refurbed from gooddeals18.com for $110 shipped, i have been researching now after the fact and i am reading about lots of issues with this model, main one seems to be the two way functionality quits working or never worked at all, functions perfectly only as a one way

im thinking now to send it back for refund and get a crimestopper alarm and their site recommends that int-sl module you talk about, i did not know that those are interchangeable like that between brands.....not sure yet what to do but i have 60 days to return for a full refund

REFERENCES:
    Bought From: spyder43812, 87grnissan, dye4metal, dbeez, DonH (box build for Element)

Sold To:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It depends. I've installed a bunch of 5701's and the first batch had that 2 way problem. The functions would perform fine, you just would get no 2 way confirmation and a little error chime instead. I haven't had any problems with any of the newer ones, tho.

Bypass modules are interchangeable through brands, it doesn't make any difference. I'm all about making life easier, and the functions the int-sl does for the price can't be beat. Basically, the main reason for bypass modules are because of transponder and rf chipped keys. The bypass modules basically trick the car into the thinking there is a key in the ignition allowing it to start.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

HvNd4Speed is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i just purchased the INT-SL module for about $35 shipped from Ebay. I am finding more posts about that refurb model of the viper 5701 either having major issues and or it not even being refurbed at all. Many seem to think that these are the bad batch of the ones that first came out. It's being packed up and sent back, I've had great experience with the CS line of alarms and I think once i get my money back, i'm gonna try my hand with a discontinued model of the CS-2014 2 way.

Thanks for all the info x1le, I really appreciate it.

REFERENCES:

Sold To:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

no problem bro, hope it works out for you.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

jdrockafella is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

quality of the installation is much more important than the brand of the alarm.

If you are more comfortable with the crimeguard then do it.

Most straight forward bypass for your truck is the (db) gmdlbp.

Fortin bypasses are nice but the instructions are not as thorough as other brands (written originally in french and translated).

Closed Thread

User Tag List