Closed Thread

Reload Thread: VIPER 5701 Help

bakefy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VIPER 5701 Help

I had a VIPER 5701 professionally installed at a place. It no longer works. I took it in to have them look at it, and they said they don't support the system if I did not buy it through them.

Something about how I bought it through an online dealer that might have not been a certified dealer, made it out of warranty.

My 2-way remote stopped receiving confirmation one day but still started the car, unlocked the doors... all that.

Then I decided to switch to the 1-way remote to save battery. Then it slowly stopped working. Now I have moved back to my factory remote (2008 Mazda 3).

Any Viper Pro's here? What can I do to get this working again? Is it something as simple as changing the batteries? How do you re-sync a remote? Also the company that installed it did not hook up the defrost feature... anyone know how to do that?

Thanks a bunch!

-Jake

Gianotti is offline UNLIMTED POWER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: VIPER 5701 Help

im a viper tech, and i have noticed theses remotes losing there memory to the brain and i have to re-learn them then they are fine, if you look in your install manual you got with the unit it will tell you how to re-learn your remotes. and usually most shops dont hook up de-frost unless the customer says something about it. and it would have to be a tech to hook it up in order for you to get that working, not something you should do, if you dont know what your looking at. hope this helps.

Alpine
    Ohio Gen.
    Kinetik

Refs-Insaneman1731, PowerNaudio, RidgelineNate, Ryan Wallace A.K.A. Belunt, TypeRBass, btnhfan, thunder9500, SPLchoice, JD Builder, THXdts, DaGh0st, dirtyg, loudaccent, Custom98Monte, Tkitt21, jagblazer01, TheLow, KorpzJuggalo, _JaY_, KAC1023, fletch, Louisiana_CRX, NeverEnuffBass, carssnut, SPY, Alter Ego Trip

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you may just have to reprogram the remote and brain. there will usually be a pair of wires with a push button on the end that you plug into the brain to program the unit once again...it should explain it in the manual. i have the python 990 which is virtually the same as your unit.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try putting in some new batteries before starting a thread?

bustin your balls man. I've had some issue's with having to reprogram these remotes also. It's something like put the car in accessory, push the button on antenna, hold the remote start button, wait for flashes, start car. dunno off the top of my head, should list it in the manual lol.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

Gianotti is offline UNLIMTED POWER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the "valet" button is built into the antenna, but you have to put the remote into programming mode. then you have to cycle your igntion,and a few more things, its a bit of a sequence

Alpine
    Ohio Gen.
    Kinetik

Refs-Insaneman1731, PowerNaudio, RidgelineNate, Ryan Wallace A.K.A. Belunt, TypeRBass, btnhfan, thunder9500, SPLchoice, JD Builder, THXdts, DaGh0st, dirtyg, loudaccent, Custom98Monte, Tkitt21, jagblazer01, TheLow, KorpzJuggalo, _JaY_, KAC1023, fletch, Louisiana_CRX, NeverEnuffBass, carssnut, SPY, Alter Ego Trip

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all of the responses. This is my 2nd day on the forum and I am really digging it! I am going to try and re-learn them right now.

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this was a huge problem with the first run of these units.... i wanna say 3 out of 5 that i did after they were first released came back for this same problem... Couple of things to try if relearning doesnt work. UNplug the brain completely put it on a bench and short every terminal on the brain in the main harness. If that doesnt work a 1k ohm resistor and the blue wire in the antenna wire as close to the brain as possible should also help.

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

NeverEnuffBass is offline Got Bass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    this was a huge problem with the first run of these units.... i wanna say 3 out of 5 that i did after they were first released came back for this same problem... Couple of things to try if relearning doesnt work. UNplug the brain completely put it on a bench and short every terminal on the brain in the main harness. If that doesnt work a 1k ohm resistor and the blue wire in the antenna wire as close to the brain as possible should also help.
    Wasn't the 5701 the one with the defective brain?

Had to use that resistor fix on a few installs.

Installer/fabricator at After FX Customs in Stamford, CT

98 Dodge Durango
    -Custom paint, lifted 5", 33s on 20s

72 Chevy Suburban
    Custom matte orange paint, bagged on 22s

sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've had to reprogram mine several times. and it happens from the remote being in you pocket and all the buttons getting pressed and unprogramming it.

you have to hold the function down until it beeps, then press the lock. then press the function key again and hold until it beeps and press it one more time and press the unlock.

its something stupid like that. and it is a pain in the ***.

Where the Competition begins

Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnuffBass View Post
    Wasn't the 5701 the one with the defective brain?

Had to use that resistor fix on a few installs.
    yup almost all of the first run of all the new models ive dealt with it on the 5101, 5301 and 5701. I beiieve the problem was fixed sometime in may

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, so here is the newest information on the remotes:

I changed out the batteries in the 2-way and it started working. It does not receive a signal back. Would I have to 're-learn' this to make it talk both ways again?

The 1-way remote is working just fine.

Can someone teach me how to "learn" these remotes? I looked in my viper box, and the manual is not in there. I wonder if I was left behind at the shop that installed it. I looked it up online, I could not find anything about re-learning the remotes.

Thanks,
    Jake
    Last edited by bakefy; 12-23-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something to add, I noticed my sound was not working 100% of the time on the 2-way remote. Thankfully I fixed it. I took the remote apart and cleaned the contacts and bent the contact "fin" so that it would have more pressure and maybe connect in a slightly different spot. When I put it back together it has been giving me sound ever since.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

98 Dodge Durango

72 Chevy Suburban

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    yup almost all of the first run of all the new models ive dealt with it on the 5101, 5301 and 5701. I beiieve the problem was fixed sometime in may
    I still have 4 or 5 sitting in the stock room. Only been waiting on RMA's for months now. lol

98 Dodge Durango

72 Chevy Suburban

Closed Thread