Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Auto Tinting windows?

TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Auto Tinting windows?

First off don't Flame I had the idea from the way a welding mask works, when it senses light in the sensor it makes the plastic darker so it doesn't burn your eyes, I thought perhaps there is window tint that works the same way but with a switch instead of a sensor, but I think it's unlikely.

So is there?(I'm guessing its hella expensive if it does exists) I want my front windows tinted(Perfect way to stop theifs from seeing in my vehicle, I think front tint should be legal anyway), but don't want a ticket.

306stang is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Auto Tinting windows?

probably not, if so it's stupid expensive

tint your windshield. just don't go too dark and you'll be fine. had 30% on my truck and it was fine.

getting the caddy done this weekend and i'll probably put 30-35% on the windshield.

it's amazing how much glare it cuts!! you'll love it

TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not for glare though, I want it 100% for security. I guess I could do the sides and keep them half down and the heater on, maybe one of those sun blockers for when I'm parked.

Jhdearing is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know what is going on in your part of the country, but window tinting seems to be under attack here in the Atlanta area. I have done more retints making cars legal here in the last year than I have done in the past 3 years total. Maybe it is because all the depts are running out of money or are broke and are trying all they can do to generate revenue. Anyone notice this in your part of the country?

eharri3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I never understood about these laws is, the justification is usually that a cop has to be able to clearly see into the front driver and passenger side window for safety purposes. At the same time, all the other glass in the car can usually legally be almost painted black with no reprucussions. The guy with the gun couldn't be in the back seat?

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathpenalty18
    Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le
    mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya man im with you on that. they always end up asking me to roll the back windows down.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhdearing View Post
    I dont know what is going on in your part of the country, but window tinting seems to be under attack here in the Atlanta area. I have done more retints making cars legal here in the last year than I have done in the past 3 years total. Maybe it is because all the depts are running out of money or are broke and are trying all they can do to generate revenue. Anyone notice this in your part of the country?
    its the same around me. i got 3 tint tickets in a total of 3 months last year. one was on the way home from paying the fine at the courthouse too.

Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

blackman is offline teh NEGROS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tint the whole front window 35% with no tint strip and if they ask how com it's so dark say idk I just got the window replaced because it broke and that what they put in

2000 GMC YUKON DENALI
    Build Under Construction

refs:
    Bought from: EvanHurford, vfrrider, Dave_Damage

Sold to:EvanHurford,

Traded:

Villeza1 is offline Night Ryder

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    ya man im with you on that. they always end up asking me to roll the back windows down.
    I knw right!? Instead of forcing us to remove our tint, why cant they just ask us to roll all the windows down instead!? But everyone knows, its not about the tint...its about that bread and popo's are hungry for it.

2 AB 1100.1's
    4 Tantric Sounds SHD 18's
    Team Tantric Sounds

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just roll them all down before they get up to the car.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

Blue Fury is offline Quagmire's Chin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look up smart glass or smart windows.

***My build: 2 SSA Xcons, Sundown, Vifa, TB, Hertz, 880prs, etc.***
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359675

CA Refs: bought from: Jacka, bones22, civicman07, Zeuslicious, 90accordman, DesertDawg(<---EXCELLENT seller)
    Sold to: 97accordalpine, Jgyolai, brenTgrillzem, nicksredline, lantz, bagged97tacoma, Plottin4success, microhaxo
    ROE Refs: Bought from delvryboy, jnralp00, dcmcki, Mxman38, Excessive Amperage, GoinDef154, blackdragonx118, Assman.

Currently For sale: Everything

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is what my old car used to look like:

Sadly, a drunk driver did this to me because I was faced with the lesser of two evils... let him hit me, or hit the car to my right to get out of his way.....

My tint job was "legal" because I have a medical exemption from the tint law. Before anyone states how lucky I am, I will just tell you that being allergic to the sun with a history of Melanoma in the family is no picnic.

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Law in Indiana states your tint has to be over 30% all around, so basically 35% or lighter, and your sunstrip can't be below your AS1 line. My car and truck both have a carbon dyed 18% tint, which doesn't reflect any light so you can still see in rather easily. The carbon tint also matches factory tint very well. My truck has a 9" sunstrip which goes about 5" below the AS1 and my car has a 12" sunstrip. Both sunstrips are 5% carbon dyed tint.

What ***** is that in Illinois, you can't have tint on your front windows so I always have to put my windows down when I go over there. I live like a town away from the border. I hear Illinois cops are pretty tough on tint and noise depending on where you're at. I don't mess around because I'm not paying a ticket again for something stupid like that. Noise ordinance violations ****.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

emperorjj1 is offline Type RF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^ i dont think they can give you a ticket if your car is registed in IN and ur within the laws of ur own state

example im in a boarder town with TX and they have to have front plates but NM doesn't but i cant get a ticket in TX for not having a front plate bc nm doesn't require it

BUT that doesn't prevent them from giving u a ticket anyway. fighting with a cop never works so you would probably have to fight it in court so keeping ur windows down is actually a hella alot easier then fighting it in court

J. J

FIRST dual alt cobalt SS/SC
    Cardomain
    refs
    bought: steveBeatz, vitveet
    sold: 96CivicEXRican, l1kearoc, z261994, macq32

HSWaypeType is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

male enhancement pills ingredients

male enhancement pills in stores fixtinhot

<a href=http://www.barbariandiary.com/>effexor 75 mg</a>
    No prescription!
    Effexor is a capsule for oral administration that contains venlafaxine hydrochloride, a constituent of the antidepressant.
    venlafaxine
    This drug is used as an antidepressant.
    http://www.barbariandiary.com/ - effexor online

This type of drug should be first prescribed by the doctor and after that only, they should be taken.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast