Closed Thread

Reload Thread: viper 350hv problem

lowrnu is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

viper 350hv problem

ok yesterday i installed a car alarm in my 04 ford 150 everything went well installing it but it doesnt want to go off when its armed. kinda like its set on set on least sensitive, but its set on most sensitive I can jump up and down and bang on it and it wont do anything. i can even shake the brain and it will only go off every once in a while
    also the led that flashes when its armed keeps flashing even when its disarmed and running idk what to do

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: viper 350hv problem

The led is flashing because you didn't connect the yellow wire to 12v ignition. As for the shock sensor if t isn't working the most cost effective sokutiion would likely be to purchase a 504c doubleguard shock sensors.

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

lowrnu is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yep the yellow wire somehow didnt get hooked up lol everything is working now
    Is the shock sensor going to make a big difference in the sensitivity? I have 3 toolboxes in the bed (its a service truck) and i need the alarm to go off if someone starts messing with them

SentraStyle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The external shock sensors are better in my opinion. But if you are concerned about your tool boxes...I would probably add a second shock sensor in the rear, and add some sort of a switch to the tool boxes (so it'll trigger the alarm if they are opened).

Refs:
    Sold To: R-sosa , SRim23, bchandler , feloosa, JHughes, profoundwill, ArrizX, sinclair10
    Bought From: the727kid, mattj, 2000Gator, fanninator, zerojeff, Fast1one, grizzly02, KTFO, ribeiro953
    Traded: masone, ReDemoN, nismos14, 919motoring, jdm94coupe

SentraStyle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The external shock sensors are better in my opinion. But if you are concerned about your tool boxes...I would probably add a second shock sensor in the rear, and add some sort of a switch to the tool boxes (so it'll trigger the alarm if they are opened).

Refs:
    Sold To: R-sosa , SRim23, bchandler , feloosa, JHughes, profoundwill, ArrizX, sinclair10
    Bought From: the727kid, mattj, 2000Gator, fanninator, zerojeff, Fast1one, grizzly02, KTFO, ribeiro953
    Traded: masone, ReDemoN, nismos14, 919motoring, jdm94coupe

THUNDERBIRD is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

try readjusting your shock sensor.hit it on ur had to see if it is working it is a shock sensor not a rattle sensor. i would add a tilt sensor to the bed area. i am trying to find the european pin switches( booted pinswitch with a flange) for my truck to mount for my tailgate.

94' thunderbird *parked*<
    4.6 V8 with a shift kit
    clarion dxz 645mp clarion sirius tuner
    ED 6000v.2- front jbl 5.25 comps- rear
    dynamated and edeaded trunk lid, rear deck, front doors
    Big 3 in green of course
    viper 791xv w/ battery backup
    3 jl 10w0
    2000 ford ranger supercab 3.0v6 4x4
    stock hu
    alpine mrp-m350
    2 9kv.3's
    clifford matrix rsx 50.5x
    spring time getting clarion MAX675VDII and front components possibly jbl's again

Closed Thread