Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a few alarm questions

I just picked up a hornet 554t and I'm pretty much done installing it now. It works great overall, but I just have a couple questions.

It came with the DEI doublegaurd shock sensor. I set this up and it works fine, but it doesn't seem to be very sensitive. There is an adjustment screw on the side which I assume is to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor, but that doesn't even seem to affect it that much. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this just how the sensor is? The way it is right now, you pretty much have to shake the entire car for it to even sound the pre-warn alarm. Could mounting it in a new place work? Right now it's up inside my dash next to the brain of the alarm.

And my second question is about led lights. I want to get one of those cool looking varad led scanners, but I'm wondering what everyone's opinion on them is... Do you think that they actually help to deter theft or would they possibly just draw more attention to my car and make it even more attractive to break-in to?

Thanks for any help

joshpoints is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardskins7
    I just picked up a hornet 554t and I'm pretty much done installing it now. It works great overall, but I just have a couple questions.

It came with the DEI doublegaurd shock sensor. I set this up and it works fine, but it doesn't seem to be very sensitive. There is an adjustment screw on the side which I assume is to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor, but that doesn't even seem to affect it that much. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this just how the sensor is? The way it is right now, you pretty much have to shake the entire car for it to even sound the pre-warn alarm. Could mounting it in a new place work? Right now it's up inside my dash next to the brain of the alarm.

And my second question is about led lights. I want to get one of those cool looking varad led scanners, but I'm wondering what everyone's opinion on them is... Do you think that they actually help to deter theft or would they possibly just draw more attention to my car and make it even more attractive to break-in to?

Thanks for any help

That's a great question. I just came on here to post the same question. I don't know where I can mount the shock sensor for my car to where it will be sensitive to all areas of the car. My particular alarm says that it must be mounted in the car away from the weather. I'm trying to think of a place in the car that vibrates when anything is bumped.

DOHCDX is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it is always best to mount shock sensors to a large wire loom

joshpoints is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCDX
    it is always best to mount shock sensors to a large wire loom

I'll try it. I have mine mounted to the steering shaft with the sensitivity turned all the way up and the only way I could get it to go off was hitting the steering wheel.

Closed Thread