Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Viper 791 XV?

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Viper 791 XV?

Is this a good car security alarm/system?

I have someone offering me one.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Viper 791 XV?

Soooo

When I gave you suggestions on an alarm in another thread, that just went to ****?

791 is a 5900 with a color screen and shorter range.

I suggest the 5900, the clifford 50.5x or the Autopage rs 1000

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    Soooo

When I gave you suggestions on an alarm in another thread, that just went to ****?

No I was just curious man. I just had a guy offer me one just seeing how it was. Chill. I listened to what you said. I don't know anything about car alarms so I was just finding out.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's cool Broseph. I know how it is. I just got the Clifford 50.5 X installed and had the Autpage 727LCD taken out. I also had some horns similar to these installed as well. I also had the installer leave in the old siren so now I have 2 sirens plus the horns going off when the alarm sounds. I got a proximity sensor too, but I have to adjust it a little. It goes off if the wind blows so I leave it off mainly.

Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

It's cool Broseph.

How much is the one you have installed now?

Broseph lol. Is that a mix between Bro and Joseph?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    How much is the one you have installed now?

Broseph lol. Is that a mix between Bro and Joseph?
    Yeah, I heard it somewhere and it was funny to me.

all together it was 220 plus 15 to program 2 spare keys, (Chrsler 300M) but I bought the alarm new from a guy off here. That was to take the old alarm out, install the new one with the horns and proximity sensor. I don't know anthing about installing alarms, so I don't mind paying for that. Just do your best to get most of your parts before you go into the shop. Install wasn't bad either. My wires and brain are hidden better than my last install, and I have a warranty on the labor. It would be ideal if they could show you pics of their alarm installs, but most shops won't. Onl downside to mine is it only comes with 1 remote. And the others are expensive.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Yeah, I heard it somewhere and it was funny to me.

all together it was 220 plus 15 to program 2 spare keys, (Chrsler 300M) but I bought the alarm new from a guy off here. That was to take the old alarm out, install the new one with the horns and proximity sensor. I don't know anthing about installing alarms, so I don't mind paying for that. Just do your best to get most of your parts before you go into the shop. Install wasn't bad either. My wires and brain are hidden better than my last install, and I have a warranty on the labor. It would be ideal if they could show you pics of their alarm installs, but most shops won't. Onl downside to mine is it only comes with 1 remote. And the others are expensive.
    Did you think my first name was Joseph or was that random?

How much do you think just the equipment would cost? If you don't mind lol.

THUNDERBIRD is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soooo

first off ur and idiot. the 791 is the 1/4mile range 2 way lcd system. the 5900 is the sst 1 mile range 2way lcd system and the color screen you speak of is the 7900 which is a 1/4mile range 2 way lcd system. and the 7900 is **** dont get it. the 791 and 5900 same system, range is different and remotes are different but same system. i have both and like both. check ur info before posting

94' thunderbird *parked*<
    4.6 V8 with a shift kit
    clarion dxz 645mp clarion sirius tuner
    ED 6000v.2- front jbl 5.25 comps- rear
    dynamated and edeaded trunk lid, rear deck, front doors
    Big 3 in green of course
    viper 791xv w/ battery backup
    3 jl 10w0
    2000 ford ranger supercab 3.0v6 4x4
    stock hu
    alpine mrp-m350
    2 9kv.3's
    clifford matrix rsx 50.5x
    spring time getting clarion MAX675VDII and front components possibly jbl's again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRD View Post
    first off ur and idiot. the 791 is the 1/4mile range 2 way lcd system. the 5900 is the sst 1 mile range 2way lcd system and the color screen you speak of is the 7900 which is a 1/4mile range 2 way lcd system. and the 7900 is **** dont get it. the 791 and 5900 same system, range is different and remotes are different but same system. i have both and like both. check ur info before posting
    Reading>you

You just repeated what I said. If you learn to ****** read before you type you would have saw that you are saying what I said. I said the 791 is the 5900 with shorter range and a color screen. You said the 791 has 1/4 mile range and the 5900 has 1 mile range.

Only thing you were correct on in your whole stupid paragraph is the 791 does not have a color screen. Thanks for clearing that up. I'd still rather have the 5900 over either the 791 or 7900.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Ok. Do you like the one you have now better than the three vipers that you listed above?

bigbirney420 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had 791xv for about 3 years, and then my brain went out. Just installed a 5900. With exception of range, I cant tell the difference. I never needed more than 1/4 mile before. Both are great systems.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, New Era Intake, Doug Thorley Exhaust, Patrick G Tune
    Building: Hybrid Imagine 6.5 front, Image Dynamics CTX 5.25 rear doors. Peerless SLS 8's rear deck off of Kicker ZXSum8 and ZX 700.5

2007 Toyota 4Runner
    Eclipse XA100 sub amp and Incriminator 187 10 in 1.6 cubes
    Working on Double Din, nice 6.5 Seperates and 6.5 coaxs rear

Refs: Pike110,Hintzyboy,dcmcki, qcsfinest704, MagickMan, allstar1500bd, ravemeister, Team PSI, Jntar, Brian Owens, and others....so many

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Ok. Do you like the one you have now better than the three vipers that you listed above?
    The autopage one I had is not of the DEI brand. I felt like the range on that one was better compared to what I have now plus it came with 2 remotes. I did however have an issue with my remote start not working on the autopage right before I switched it out.

Of what I suggested, I say go with the Viper 5900 or the Clifford 50.5x. They are pretty much the same thing, just different remotes. DEI just bought the company, and they keep the names as the were. It's like Nike owns Converse, but they aren't putting Nike signs on the Converse shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reading>you

You just repeated what I said. If you learn to ****** read before you type you would have saw that you are saying what I said. I said the 791 is the 5900 with shorter range and a color screen. You said the 791 has 1/4 mile range and the 5900 has 1 mile range.

Only thing you were correct on in your whole stupid paragraph is the 791 does not have a color screen. Thanks for clearing that up. I'd still rather have the 5900 over either the 791 or 7900.
    as stated ur still and idiot because the 5900 does not have a color screen! the 7900 has the color screen. both the 791 and the 5900 do backlight orange if u want. i have installed many of these alarms and sold alot of them!

4.6 V8 with a shift kit
    Big 3 in green of course
    3 jl 10w0
    stock hu
    alpine mrp-m350
    2 9kv.3's
    spring time getting clarion MAX675VDII and front components possibly jbl's again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRD View Post
    as stated ur still and idiot because the 5900 does not have a color screen! the 7900 has the color screen. both the 791 and the 5900 do backlight orange if u want. i have installed many of these alarms and sold alot of them!
    Dude you really have comprehension problems. Read what I said SLOWLY. I am glad you have experience with both.

Again...... I would still take the 5900 over the 791XV or the 7900

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i am just trying to correct your technical knowledge. they both have their up and downs 791 is a right away page back and the 5900 has a 1-2 second lag. 791 has bigger antenna

4.6 V8 with a shift kit
    Big 3 in green of course
    3 jl 10w0
    stock hu
    alpine mrp-m350
    2 9kv.3's

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast