Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Reload Thread: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

  1. #1
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    guys all of the harnesses for the viper 590xv connect to the 5900 perfectly, and the 5900 unit is functional because the alarm kept going off, but I cant get the transmitter to communicate with the brain. I tried holding the button on the back for like 5 seconds or whatever, and holding all 4 of the front buttons...

    What the hell do i need to do to get this to work?



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring




  2. #2
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    ttt....can someone help? Id like to get this done tonight if possible.



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

  3. #3
    qkassidyw's Avatar
    qkassidyw is offline MECP Master Certified



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    you need ot add the remote to the system....

    Open a door, turn the key on, turn the key off, press the valet button once (this will put it into valet mode to disable the alarm for now.)

    Now, keep the door open, turn the key to ignition press the valet button once then again and HOLD it on the second press, wait for it to beep at you once and then push the lock button on the remote and voila!

    EDIT: Someone please verify that i didn't get these backwords...Im pretty sure the valet sequence is on/off press



    07 F150 Extended Cab FX2 Sport
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U - And that's about it...

  4. #4
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by qkassidyw View Post
    you need ot add the remote to the system....

    Open a door, turn the key on, turn the key off, press the valet button once (this will put it into valet mode to disable the alarm for now.)

    Now, keep the door open, turn the key to ignition press the valet button once then again and HOLD it on the second press, wait for it to beep at you once and then push the lock button on the remote and voila!

    EDIT: Someone please verify that i didn't get these backwords...Im pretty sure the valet sequence is on/off press
    Is their a certain reason why I have to have my door open? I ask this because when my friend installed my alarm, we never got around to making the alarm go off when the door was opened.(We just never got time to finish it) So the alarm would only go off when closing the door(if it was armed) and loud noises and any impact to the car. I would like to wire the grounds on the door to set off the alarm as well.



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

  5. #5
    qkassidyw's Avatar
    qkassidyw is offline MECP Master Certified



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by krisfnbz View Post
    Is their a certain reason why I have to have my door open? I ask this because when my friend installed my alarm, we never got around to making the alarm go off when the door was opened.(We just never got time to finish it) So the alarm would only go off when closing the door(if it was armed) and loud noises and any impact to the car. I would like to wire the grounds on the door to set off the alarm as well.
    Crap...you need the door trigger wire hooked up to be able to program any features on the alarm...or add a remote to the system.


    If you can access the brain and ground out the green wire coming off of the main harness then that will make the alarm think the door is open. (You could also put +12 V to the purple wire, but only do one or the other and grounding the green wire is easiest)



    07 F150 Extended Cab FX2 Sport
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U - And that's about it...

  6. #6
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by qkassidyw View Post
    Crap...you need the door trigger wire hooked up to be able to program any features on the alarm...or add a remote to the system.


    If you can access the brain and ground out the green wire coming off of the main harness then that will make the alarm think the door is open. (You could also put +12 V to the purple wire, but only do one or the other and grounding the green wire is easiest)
    Okay I can ground the green wire on the main harness(im guessing its the biggest one that has the thickest wires)...

    But what do I need to do so that I can hook up the door trigger for the alarm? Id like to get that done as well.



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

  7. #7
    qkassidyw's Avatar
    qkassidyw is offline MECP Master Certified



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by krisfnbz View Post
    Okay I can ground the green wire on the main harness(im guessing its the biggest one that has the thickest wires)...

    But what do I need to do so that I can hook up the door trigger for the alarm? Id like to get that done as well.

    NO NO NO! Don't do the really thick green wire...that would be one of the starter wires.

    The main harness is on the bigger of the two boxes... there will be a red,yellow,orange,black,green,blue,purple,black/white, red/white, white, white/blue

    The wires will be about 18 gauge, ground out the small green wire in this harness (also you will know it is the right one because you can actually remove the plug from the brain)

    The other box has Red,red, red/white, orange, pink, pink/white, green/purple...these will be pretty thick wires and are the Remote start/main ignition harness wires. Don't touch these.



    07 F150 Extended Cab FX2 Sport
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U - And that's about it...

  8. #8
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by qkassidyw View Post
    NO NO NO! Don't do the really thick green wire...that would be one of the starter wires.

    The main harness is on the bigger of the two boxes... there will be a red,yellow,orange,black,green,blue,purple,black/white, red/white, white, white/blue

    The wires will be about 18 gauge, ground out the small green wire in this harness (also you will know it is the right one because you can actually remove the plug from the brain)

    The other box has Red,red, red/white, orange, pink, pink/white, green/purple...these will be pretty thick wires and are the Remote start/main ignition harness wires. Don't touch these.
    Okay. I emailed a rep from viper last night and he gave me the PDF file for installation of the 5900, and he told me that the Viper 590XV antenna does not work with the SSt Viper 5900.

    "The 590XV and 5900 SST antennas are completely different and cannot be swapped. You need a 6701 SST receiver (antenna) for the 5900 SST before it will function correctly."

    So apparently I need to buy this new antenna that looks exactly like the one I have now, but is just completely different.

    Is the process in wiring up the door trigger difficult? I assure its in the manual somewhere he just gave me but if you could still explain that would be awesome.

    Thanks



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

  9. #9
    hemi=22s's Avatar
    hemi=22s is offline I Pop Bottles



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west palm beach, fl
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by krisfnbz View Post
    Okay. I emailed a rep from viper last night and he gave me the PDF file for installation of the 5900, and he told me that the Viper 590XV antenna does not work with the SSt Viper 5900.

    "The 590XV and 5900 SST antennas are completely different and cannot be swapped. You need a 6701 SST receiver (antenna) for the 5900 SST before it will function correctly."

    So apparently I need to buy this new antenna that looks exactly like the one I have now, but is just completely different.

    Is the process in wiring up the door trigger difficult? I assure its in the manual somewhere he just gave me but if you could still explain that would be awesome.

    Thanks

    door trigger is easy to wire up
    what year make model is ur car so i can determine if it have + or - switched entry system



    FEEDBACK IN LINKS BELOW TOO BIG FOR SIG

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323932

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post4856428
    sold: goose, krisfnbz, dubb designs, 2000gator(x2), oxsign, aesoj, viveet(X2),
    mike437,flossinon24s,mxracer591,riffyb, bsean63(x2),nycking23,bryce-man,fastimes(x2),
    boltpride, r-sosa,fusion_freak,siacarman,kcdc30
    prodgod, toasted1,newageking,nmbr1spt,projectnutz(P),DeViOu SoNe,
    traded with: davet, teddyunited, rockmo, spikee, rdaudioman1256, SPY

  10. #10
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    92 civic DX model so no power anything.



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

  11. #11
    hemi=22s's Avatar
    hemi=22s is offline I Pop Bottles



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west palm beach, fl
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by krisfnbz View Post
    92 civic DX model so no power anything.
    hook the green wire -negative door trigger on the viper to

    Green/Red (-) located in Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires

    you should be able to follow one of the wires off the door switch



    FEEDBACK IN LINKS BELOW TOO BIG FOR SIG

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323932

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post4856428
    sold: goose, krisfnbz, dubb designs, 2000gator(x2), oxsign, aesoj, viveet(X2),
    mike437,flossinon24s,mxracer591,riffyb, bsean63(x2),nycking23,bryce-man,fastimes(x2),
    boltpride, r-sosa,fusion_freak,siacarman,kcdc30
    prodgod, toasted1,newageking,nmbr1spt,projectnutz(P),DeViOu SoNe,
    traded with: davet, teddyunited, rockmo, spikee, rdaudioman1256, SPY

  12. #12
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Quote Originally Posted by hemi=22s View Post
    hook the green wire -negative door trigger on the viper to

    Green/Red (-) located in Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires

    you should be able to follow one of the wires off the door switch
    "Green/Red (-) located in Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires
    "

    Where is this?



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

  13. #13
    qkassidyw's Avatar
    qkassidyw is offline MECP Master Certified



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    Its going to be a light green/red wire in the drivers kick or under the running board or directly at the pin switch.



    07 F150 Extended Cab FX2 Sport
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U - And that's about it...

  14. #14
    negativezeroz's Avatar
    negativezeroz is offline Nothing Is Promised



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    -salad fingers-
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    I went from a 3.5RSX Matrix to the 50.5X (same harness..)

    I had to swap brains, remotes, AND antenna. Works like a charm and has for over a year.



    Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    lol..sum guy thinks a box make subs tight..
    a box might help alil....so you saying if ya 15 is in the same box as my 10. theyre both as tight as each other???
    whatever..the thing is the mark means something..so you thought i have a 10 foot sub???
    this guy is the dumest of you all....HAHahahAHAhaHahAHAhaHa
    oh i think the lil boy complaining is talking about i hit a n instead of a s. it confused him..
    i'm sorry lil boy now is it better......its 10'' is tighter.
    my 2 marks are too far apart i'm going back to 1. it means inches lil boys..ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803
    ports should ALWAYS be larger than your capacitor
    http://shecant.myminicity.com/ind

  15. #15
    krisfnbz's Avatar
    krisfnbz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

    cool



    Yes that is a 5 1/4th audiobahn mid speaker in my civic's headrest. circa 2006.

    2000 Celica GTS

    Pioneer FH-X700BT
    Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 3 way
    Dayton Ultimax 15", sealed 4cuft
    Memphis 16-MC5.700 5 channel
    Knu wiring

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum