Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: how long? How hard?

smokeoff is offline here's my 3 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how long? How hard?

Want to know how long it takes and how hard it is to install a under body light kit.

Thanx

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Depending on the kit and your ability, not too long....mounting is easy, running the wires can be a little tricky but nothing too major. If you invited a friend or two over one night, would probably only take you around an hour or two.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always do my own surround sound, TV, inside stuff like that and am pretty good at it. But I am just getting into car audio and stuff and I am a little worried about hooking up to the battery and fuses and stuff. Don't want to fry anything.

nswartley is offline Down and out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol sorry i just had to look because of the title
    -nate

Natheo is offline OH YEAH!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    kinda long, but not hard, car audio doesnt turn me on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by smokeoff
    I always do my own surround sound, TV, inside stuff like that and am pretty good at it. But I am just getting into car audio and stuff and I am a little worried about hooking up to the battery and fuses and stuff. Don't want to fry anything.
    You should be fine...invite a friend who knows audio over...although, the instructions should be detailed enough to help you along.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good titles always get the best responses. Non of my friends know a lot about car audio and stuff like that, but turns out my uncle used to do this stuff before he got married and had some kids. He said he doesn't have time to help with the whole install but he would come over after supper to help with th electrcal part.

He eats supper about 6:00. And I don't get done with school til 3:20. Will I have time to get everything mounted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If he gets over to your house at around 6:30 or 7ish...you should have everything mounted by 8:30 and wired up by 9:30, assuming your Uncles ability.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

joshpoints is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: how long? How hard?

Originally posted by smokeoff
    Want to know how long it takes and how hard it is to install a under body light kit.

Thanx
    Sounds riceee. Don't know never done it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: how long? How hard?

Originally posted by joshpoints
    Sounds riceee. Don't know never done it.
    Underbody kits aren't considered "rice"...not if done properly.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

joshpoints is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: how long? How hard?

Originally posted by ss3079
    Underbody kits aren't considered "rice"...not if done properly.

- Steve
    Body kits aren't necessarily ricee, but I'm not exactly sure what an underbody kit is or what is meant by this. If it's the neon lights, then I find that ricee, like 2 fast and 2 furious.

slipknot87420 is offline ^^^^^^420^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    off topic but god....i hate that song by ludacris. not sure of hte name i think is 2 fast 2 furious its on the movie

93 blazer

Panasonic>>>>Orion>>>>Kicker>>>>Pioneer

fantomas is offline show her the oh face

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: Re: how long? How hard?

Originally posted by joshpoints
    Body kits aren't necessarily ricee, but I'm not exactly sure what an underbody kit is or what is meant by this. If it's the neon lights, then I find that ricee, like 2 fast and 2 furious.
    dude just get the hel! over the whole rice subject. rice is not an issue here. the guy asked a very good question...and you come in blabering about it being rice. so what. i personally feel that if done properly, underbody light kits look pretty **** sweet. just because ricers might have neon underbodys, doesnt make everyone who has a neon underbody kit a ricer. with that logic.. everyone who drives a car is a ricer...since ricers drive cars. isnt a ricer someone who thinks that mods like an aftermarket muffler or a 52" wing make their car go faster? or putting on stickers for things they don't have? i hate how people jump to conclusions and say **** is rice when all it is is lighting or big chrome rims. if done correctly it can look nice. otherwise it will look like ***. (not hot *** like the hot chicks thread...i mean swamp ***).
    all i have to ask is that if you see someone with altezza tail lights...please keep in mind they don't think that makes their car go faster. its not rice...or else everyone who drives an is300 would be a ricer.

when in doubt, check the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how long? How hard?

Originally posted by fantomas
    dude just get the hel! over the whole rice subject. rice is not an issue here. the guy asked a very good question...and you come in blabering about it being rice. so what. i personally feel that if done properly, underbody light kits look pretty **** sweet. just because ricers might have neon underbodys, doesnt make everyone who has a neon underbody kit a ricer. with that logic.. everyone who drives a car is a ricer...since ricers drive cars. isnt a ricer someone who thinks that mods like an aftermarket muffler or a 52" wing make their car go faster? or putting on stickers for things they don't have? i hate how people jump to conclusions and say **** is rice when all it is is lighting or big chrome rims. if done correctly it can look nice. otherwise it will look like ***. (not hot *** like the hot chicks thread...i mean swamp ***).
    all i have to ask is that if you see someone with altezza tail lights...please keep in mind they don't think that makes their car go faster. its not rice...or else everyone who drives an is300 would be a ricer.

You just saved me a lot of typing

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

fantomas is offline show her the oh face

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how long? How hard?

Originally posted by ss3079

You just saved me a lot of typing

- Steve
    well...i know that you hate on rice too....good thing you have a little sense about it. some "rice" even though it seems like rice...i really do think whomever did it to their cars has a lot of skill. for example...i was driving a few months back and i saw an integra with a VERY custom paint job. it looked like graffiti and they made custom led tail lights...most likely with fiberglass. i didnt think it looked good...but i give credit to whoever did it. they did a good job.

when in doubt, check the ground.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast