Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Questions about the sensitivity of Viper 5900sst

A little over two weeks ago my car was broken into and I am looking at investing in Viper 5900sst. I'm not very familiar with car security systems, in fact, I don't even like them that much, however, knowing that whoever stole my equipment is likely still around, I figure be prepared if it happens again.

A couple of questions. How sensitive is this system? I read the manual, but didn't read anything about it being capable of adjusting sensors... it won't go off from loud mufflers or just typical street noise, will it? Also, the thieves who stole my stereo gear broke in through a rear window, will the 5900sst be sensitive enough to go off if this happens again? I know there are extra sensors you can buy for this, but I hear they can be annoying because they are always giving off false alarms.

I'm just curious about the sensitivity of this system as a whole, I would completely HATE pissing off my neighbors by having it go off everytime a biker rides by on a Harley. Still, I need to protect my car. Thanks guys.

bubbagumper6 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    844 Post(s)

Re: Questions about the sensitivity of Viper 5900sst

There is a sensitivity adjuster on the shock sensor but so far I have gotten it to the point where it's sensitive at all...still trying to

And you will need a glass break sensor for the second thing, the shock sensor might pick it up with the initial break otherwise as soon as they start climbing through the window or w/e it should set it off and scare the ***** out of them

billybrown66 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    There is a sensitivity adjuster on the shock sensor but so far I have gotten it to the point where it's sensitive at all...still trying to

And you will need a glass break sensor for the second thing, the shock sensor might pick it up with the initial break otherwise as soon as they start climbing through the window or w/e it should set it off and scare the ***** out of them
    so there is an adjuster, thanks man. do you mean you have the sensitivity really low, so it doesn't make false alarms? Living in the city, there is always noise, I just don't want to disturb my neighbors by having it go off when somebody with a loud muffler or really loud subs drives next to my car, it doesn't trigger a false alarm.

billybrown66 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TTT.

I'm sure someone here has this alarm.

bubbagumper6 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    844 Post(s)

I'm trying to get it so it's extremely sensitive...I don't give a **** about my neighbors I care more about my car. Still can't figure out how to make it more sensitive

Closed Thread

User Tag List