Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: trunk theft preventions

M@nJo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

trunk theft preventions

so after my audio goods being stolen, i put some serious thought into it and tried finding ways to make it harder for the thieves (aka douchbags). now that my alarm system didnt quite work well i decided to bring up my own ideas. let me know what you think or if you want to add any.

1) mounting a metal or solid heavy duty bar (car strut bar works) horizonally from the bottom end of the trunk to the top somewhere. that way, the sub box or large items in the trunk wont be able to leave without cutting the bar or unmounting it. by using special patterned bolts (IE: like how the VIN car tags use special patterned screws to remove) for this bar, it will make it much more difficult. everyone carrys a phillips screwdriver nowadays.

2) before mounting the subs onto the box, first mount the sub box INSIDE the walls to the trunk floor cardboard. this will force the thieve to cut the cardboard which will cause time and more effort. now at this point, he or she will target the amps. use special pattern screws to mount your amps onto your sub box.

3) chains. get a long enough heavy duty chain link just so that when you open the trunk lid, u have enough clearance to stick your hand in and use the key to unlock the lock. the thief can use bolt cutters, but another time lagger and more effort needed. if using large sized bolt cutters, it would be extremely difficult to get it in such small space through the trunk as well.

4) nails/sharp objects. this is gonna sound ridiculous but by mounting nails or very sharp points around the trunk lid area, the thief will get hurt and wont know where else these nails may be. if a thief saw a chainlink, he or she will try and cut it. first thing is using his hand to hold the trunk lid up for support and other hand with bolt cutters. by using nails/sharp objects mounting on the surrounding of the trunk lid, he will get hurt and hopefully give up. just remember where you mounted them.

5) ???

these may sound ridiculous but im gonna do #1 for sure.

refs: jalverson, hccafan, seth305, kevokrook77, bjfish11, jmanjr, allenzo, spy, erthshker, morgans432, Fuknmovin, evilsaint, Goindef154

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: trunk theft preventions

5 trunk monkey

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

weld the trunk shut that will show those punks who's boss

shava is offline ShaversDaFlava

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need more ideas, I have a trunk car and am very worried about my stuff getting stolen :O

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hide a skunk in your trunk, LOL THAT RHYMES

vwrx_freak is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think your close with the chain idea i would bolt/ weld a chain to the trunk lid from the inside then cut a hole where you can feed the chain through the bottom of the car and padlock it now you can acess it if need be and be pretty **** secure i dont see a theif cutting a large lock ort chain for a couple woofers

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Put fake junk in your trunk boxes from an XBOX 360, and fill them with lead batteries so that people think they are stealing something important

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brendan_121212 View Post
    Put fake junk in your trunk boxes from an XBOX 360, and fill them with lead batteries so that people think they are stealing something important
    hhahah but what happens when they find out u scammed umm then they might take ur whole car

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um that last one not so much...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If possible back into parking spaces so that your trunk is right against a building, so that it would be more difficult to steal from trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dumple View Post
    hhahah but what happens when they find out u scammed umm then they might take ur whole car
    Thats where insurance comes in handy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brendan_121212 View Post
    If possible back into parking spaces so that your trunk is right against a building, so that it would be more difficult to steal from trunk
    I did that with my garage once cause I saw a guy walking around eariler scoping **** out and I was setting my gains... I was 1/4'' from my garage door lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Make a device that shoots ping pong balls (or if you want to be really creative a device that shoots bowling balls) at whom ever opens your trunk, unless your push a safety button in 5 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Put a bunch of ***** mags in the trunk and it will distract the theives. That might give you enough time to sneek around behind them and do a karate chop.

oxygen65 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you could shave the keyhole to the trunk and disconect the trunk release in ur car if you have one, but then you have to get a door poper or somethin to get into ur trunk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast