Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lock relay problem

ok i have a 94 man 626 lx

im trying to install a basic alarm with keyless entry. i have the rest of the alarm hooked up but i cant figure out the how to do the door locks.

in my car there is no switch to lock/unlock you just move the actual lock in the top left corner of the door up or down and it moves the rest of the locks on other doors with it.

there are three wires going into the main locking device. a blue and red which seems to always be 12v a black wire and a green/black stripe. i take it the black is a ground wire and then the green/black stripe wire a/c i guess

i think this is how your supposed to wire it but it didnt work for me or maybe i did something wrong http://www.the12volt.com/ssi/getimag...atorrevpol.gif there is the link im trying to do the Actuators / Reverse Polarity wiring because i think thats why my car uses

anyway can someone please help me wire this up. comming from the alarm i have a trigger wire that provides - unlock and another - for lock.

KaeZoo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: lock relay problem

What you need to do is install an actuator in the driver's door. There's no door lock motor in that door; only in the passenger doors, and they're activated by the movement of the driver's door lock. Install an actuator into the driver's door, just have the alarm control that actuator and the other doors will fall into line.

Mat Dope is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oooh i didnt realize their wasnt accentuator in that door i guess ill get one, know of any cheap sites?

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Dope View Post
    ok i have a 94 man 626 lx

im trying to install a basic alarm with keyless entry. i have the rest of the alarm hooked up but i cant figure out the how to do the door locks.

in my car there is no switch to lock/unlock you just move the actual lock in the top left corner of the door up or down and it moves the rest of the locks on other doors with it.

there are three wires going into the main locking device. a blue and red which seems to always be 12v a black wire and a green/black stripe. i take it the black is a ground wire and then the green/black stripe wire a/c i guess

i think this is how your supposed to wire it but it didnt work for me or maybe i did something wrong http://www.the12volt.com/ssi/getimag...atorrevpol.gif there is the link im trying to do the Actuators / Reverse Polarity wiring because i think thats why my car uses

anyway can someone please help me wire this up. comming from the alarm i have a trigger wire that provides - unlock and another - for lock.

any auto parts store should have a door lock actuator. also pick up 2 relays

then wire them up like this to controle the actuator in the door

the accuator will have two wires comming out of it. extend these wires run them from the door in to the kickpanel/stock groment to the relays. keep the relays in the kick. or close to the alarm.

Mat Dope is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

will do thanks for the help

Closed Thread