Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Viper 791 XV install. DIY?

Lurius is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Viper 791 XV install. DIY?

Heya, I have had this alarm sitting in a box on my shelf alogn with numerous accessories for it for about a year now. I was wondering if yall thought it would be worth the hassle to install it myself. I have plenty of free time(and a spring break coming up soon) and am pretty comfortable working with my truck, even semi-complex wiring.

As a total amateur, no previous alarm experience, how many hours would this take you think? Alarm is a viper 791 xv, I have tilt sensors, backup battery, backup siren, 3 extra sirens, glass break sensor, and a couple other gadgets. The vehicle is an 04 chevy silverado.

-Lurius

Vehicle: 2004 Silverado ECSB 5.3L
    Dyno: HP Max = 264.89, Torque Max = 305.25(New #s soon, as well as track times!)

Headunit:Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X789
    Front Speakers:Infinity Reference 6010cs
    Subwoofers:two Orion 2NT 10"s enclosed within sealed Probox
    Subwoofer Amp:Alpine MRV-T757 RIP =(
    Speaker Amp:Eclipse 4212

More photos here
    Refs: trevor87, bumpin_blazer, jonny101abc

mokedaddy is offline professional idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Viper 791 XV install. DIY?

As long as you are comfortable with a DMM you should be just fine. Make sure you have the bypass module for the silverado. I also believe there is a door lock module you want to get for that truck as well. A wiring diagram also helps a lot. Just take your time and make sure all connections are done well and follow instructions it isnt too difficult all. For your first install I would say set aside a full day to allow yourself time to do it well.

'a man without enemies, is a man without character'

gl0ck is offline Makes things happen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would give it a good weekend starting off, just get a good solder gun alot of beer and a decent dmm. Always have everything extra you might need as said above, mainly extra primary wire and relays if needed. Good luck if you try. Also Spin Twist your wires for an easier and cleaner appearance.

Good Luck man im sure it will be great!

2004 Pontiac GTO
    Beltronics-Viper-Spintech-Nitrous Express
    Kenwood Excelon-Incriminator Audio-Kicker SX- Eclipse-Secondskin

THUNDERBIRD is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah i say atleast a full day do to the wiring and a 1/2 day for the remote start, just kuz my first alarm took me 12 hours and first remote start took 5 hours. i dont recommend spinning the wires on an alarm kuz you want alarm wires hidden so tape them up all the way with electrical tape. i only spin wires on a remote start unit just because it makes it neater and you dont really have to worry so much as to security with them, just make sure you run your wires with all the other wiring in the car, keep the brain high and hidden but still able to get too for you. i zip tied my shock sensor to a metal brace in my car and works good just make sure after you get it in that it trips the the sensitivty you want. read this it is the best one i have found besides renting the select products alarm video. http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ult...c;f=9;t=004434

94' thunderbird *parked*<
    4.6 V8 with a shift kit
    clarion dxz 645mp clarion sirius tuner
    ED 6000v.2- front jbl 5.25 comps- rear
    dynamated and edeaded trunk lid, rear deck, front doors
    Big 3 in green of course
    viper 791xv w/ battery backup
    3 jl 10w0
    2000 ford ranger supercab 3.0v6 4x4
    stock hu
    alpine mrp-m350
    2 9kv.3's
    clifford matrix rsx 50.5x
    spring time getting clarion MAX675VDII and front components possibly jbl's again

Closed Thread