Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alarm stopped working...HELP!

kowboy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Alarm stopped working...HELP!

I have an audiovox pursuit with remote start. It came with my truck I bought used, but anyway... It used to work fine 'til a week or two ago. Now the led doesn't come on at all. The horn doesn't chirp when I lock the doors, and the parking lights don't flash anymore either when I push the lock button. I suspect that the alarm isn't working at all, and just the remote start and keyless entry are still functional.

I don't remember doing anything to cause this. But I'm always installing something, so you never know! I really need my alarm to work, since I just got through installing a few g's worth of audio equipment. Sure I've got insurance, but who really wants to pay that deductible?

So any ideas? I'm assuming there's a fuse somewhere that I should check, but I don't know where. In the "brain" itself? In the regular fuse box for the car? Funny thing is...when I use the factory remote, the parking lights flash and the horn beeps! WTF? Still no led though, and the car is definitely unarmed (I tested it out).

Not sure if it's related, but my power moonroof stopped working around the same time. - Probably unrelated, but I thought I'd throw that out there just to provide as much info. as possible.

Any clues?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Re: Alarm stopped working...HELP!

anyone?

jrouter76 is offline jrouter76

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kowboy View Post
    I have an audiovox pursuit with remote start. It came with my truck I bought used, but anyway... It used to work fine 'til a week or two ago. Now the led doesn't come on at all. The horn doesn't chirp when I lock the doors, and the parking lights don't flash anymore either when I push the lock button. I suspect that the alarm isn't working at all, and just the remote start and keyless entry are still functional.

I don't remember doing anything to cause this. But I'm always installing something, so you never know! I really need my alarm to work, since I just got through installing a few g's worth of audio equipment. Sure I've got insurance, but who really wants to pay that deductible?

So any ideas? I'm assuming there's a fuse somewhere that I should check, but I don't know where. In the "brain" itself? In the regular fuse box for the car? Funny thing is...when I use the factory remote, the parking lights flash and the horn beeps! WTF? Still no led though, and the car is definitely unarmed (I tested it out).

Not sure if it's related, but my power moonroof stopped working around the same time. - Probably unrelated, but I thought I'd throw that out there just to provide as much info. as possible.

Any clues?
    check ALL your fuses. Do you have a manual that came with the truck? if not find a dealership for the make and model of that truck, they should be able to help you.

Active Front Tweeters:Seas Neo Alumn.

Midbass:ID OEMs
    Mids & Highs amp PPI DCX1000.4
    Subs 2-12 Si Mags 2nd gen.
    Box ported tuned to 34hz 2.17 cu.ft dual chambers
    Sub amp Kicker KX2500.1

H/U:Alpine 9815
    Doors and Trunk are deaden by SS
    PPI MAN

REFS:2lows10, XylerB, Scoobasteve, Ksin291,TheLow, Amokie , MemphisSoul4u , TheHardKnoxLife , RydHy3845 ,GORDOS420 , Mihklo,Jameseypoo , integra88

Blove1991 is offline Single Cabin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I was going to say check all your fuses...

Daily: 94 POS Accord

Project: 86 2dr Chevy Blazer

Refs: BMXbikes, Wragold, Tommyk, ThumpinTitan, NewAgeKing, BushJ311, l7runner, jco1385, Big Joker, SPY, xxxbasshead

Mexican3001 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

find the brain, and check to see if the 12V. wire has a blown fuse, that could be one problem if they used seperate 12V wire inputs for the alarm brain and then for the remote start sat. relay pack. just my 2 cents n thats all

there could be other probelms since you says it locks and unlocks, although im not familiar with audiovox mostly dei products. it seems it may not be the 12 volt wire hmm not to sure at this point
    Last edited by Mexican3001; 02-22-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: new reasoning

95volvosx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had the same problem when I had my Python 881XV. My lights didn't flash when I used my LED. it turned out being juse a fuse that was blown on the brain.

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan w/ a transmission that doesn't work

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P780MP(sold)
    Front Stage: Orion P 6.2(pending sale)
    Subwoofer: RE MX 12"(sold)
    Up front Battery: Optima Red Top(sold)
    In Trunk Battery: Deka Intimidator(for sale 65 shipped)

Refs: pimpedout97x, alxmlr789, envee02, rawdogj, select127

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Cool. I'll check the fuse(s) on the brain. I just have no idea where it is! Usually in the dash underneath the steering wheel, right? wrong?

hardhitta47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, probably right under the driver side dash. It'll probably be pretty easy to find, unless they did a really good job on the install. In that case, it'd be really well-hidden with all of the wires covered in tape.

Most likely though, it's right under the dash with a bunch of colored wires running toward it and some relays nearby.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

yeah thx. i found it but no dice. i checked 3 fuses attached to the alarm wiring, and they all appeared to be fine. it figures though, 'cause the remote start wouldn't work then would it? I also checked all of the vehicle fuses and came up with nothing. I'm at my wit's end. I guess I'm gonna take it somewhere and pay them to look at it. thx for everyone's help.

Closed Thread

User Tag List