Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: siren mounting

nismboy6986 is offline the **** technician

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

siren mounting

i got my security system yesterday and i'm going to install it saturday (i already know it is going to be a all day affair) but i want to know of a good alternative place to mount the siren other than on the fenderwell like the manual tells me too. mine doesn't have paging and its way to easy for a thieft to pop the trunk and snip a wire since its so popular of a place to put them. i was thinking of hiding it in the cabin somewhere but i'm not sure how well it would be heard from outside the car (i want to hear it so i can polish my timberland before i put it up someones ***)

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Get more Horns!!!! Put some on the fender, some in tha grill, some in tha trunk, some under tha car. Make that **** LOUD!!!!

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm to broke to buy extra sirens now even though that is a good idea. but the siren i got is sort of loud at 125 db

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what??? think louder!~!!!!

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah but couldn't wiring up multiple sirens put a strain on the alarm brain? i also thought about hooking up that wire to the horn and then installing one of those loud *** hell air horns on my car

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nismboy6986
    yeah but couldn't wiring up multiple sirens put a strain on the alarm brain? i also thought about hooking up that wire to the horn and then installing one of those loud *** hell air horns on my car

Couldn't u wire the horn from tha brain to a seperate amp?? then amp to horns!!!

Works in theory............

J

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok i think you are going a little over board with the siren stuff. I'll probally end up with three sirens, one underhood, one in the interior one in the trunk and then the alarm hooked up to the horn and a loud horn. that should scare the **** out of most people. I think i seen some 135 db sirens somewhere so i'll probally pick up those.

SentraStyle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or you could go to an auto parts store and get some air horns to hook up to your alarm...those suckers are really loud and will draw some attention to your car if someone breaks in. How often do you hear an alarm siren and just keep going about your business? And then again...how often do you hear an air horn go off?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey are u on nissan forums? i think i seen someone on thier with that username. what i was saying was that i am going to replace my horn with a air horn and hook my alarm up to my horn and install the extra sirens. any one know if i can get universal pain generators. i heard about a viper 800esp with pain generators and i think it would be cool if i can get some that are compatiable with any alarm.

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Corsica
    Couldn't u wire the horn from tha brain to a seperate amp?? then amp to horns!!!

Works in theory............

J
    You are on crazee, sick dude

but i love that theory though...kekeke

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey are u on nissan forums? i think i seen someone on thier with that username. what i was saying was that i am going to replace my horn with a air horn and hook my alarm up to my horn and install the extra sirens. any one know if i can get universal pain generators. i heard about a viper 800esp with pain generators and i think it would be cool if i can get some that are compatiable with any alarm.
    Yeah...I go trolling around quite a few of the forums. I have a Viper800ESP alarm installed on my car right now which I am trying to get rid of. I've had no problems with it, I just want the one with the remote transponder...it's pretty pimp if you ask me. The 800ESP has an output for horn honk...it can be set for pulses or constant. I have air horns, 2 sirens, and pain generators inside the car. Loud as hell when it goes off...definately draws some attention

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how much did that one cost? does it have remote start? what exactly does the transponder do? is that big white remote i saw on directed site? what i want for my security system is the watch that has a built in remote transmitter. that would be very james bond like to be able to start my car with my watch. i would order it but they don't have any pictures on the site so i don't know what it looks like. with my luck if i order it it would be some funky looking watch like the nike running watches or something

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how much did that one cost? does it have remote start? what exactly does the transponder do? is that big white remote i saw on directed site? what i want for my security system is the watch that has a built in remote transmitter. that would be very james bond like to be able to start my car with my watch. i would order it but they don't have any pictures on the site so i don't know what it looks like. with my luck if i order it it would be some funky looking watch like the nike running watches or something
    Never seen the watch remote before...the Viper790XV goes for about $329 retail. It is just an LCD remote that tells you what zone has been violated (hood/trunk, door, ignition, etc.) Pretty pimp...has remote start too.

Alarm for sale:
    (1) Viper 800ESP w/ one remote
    (2) 530T's...window modules (each mod controls one pair of window in both directions)
    (1) 520T Backup battery
    (1) 551R (I think that's the model)...add on remote start
    (1) 506T glass breakage sensor
    (1) 500T motion/tow sensor
    all original boxes/manuals included
    $450 for everything...paid over $1100 for everything installed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the remote watch is for the rage series crimestoppers not viper. I think its a sick idea but i wonder about the execution. if the watch looks something like a fossil watch or something i would definitely get it. i also want to get a backup battery, power window control relays, and a glass break sensor

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    now i see why i got my alarm for so cheap. (90 dollars) it doesn't have the features that make alarms expensive. such as 4 window roll up module (95 dollars) which is retarded when the 2 window one is only 26 dollars.I 'm still trying to find the glass break sensor. and a paging unit costs 120 and i can't get one that integrates with the alarm i got so i have to arm and disarm both of them. i found the watch (80 dollars) only thing is is that its only a 2 button. i would put it on my get list if the redesigned it in a more normal look watch here it is
    http://store4.yimg.com/I/electronics-pluz_1718_3498089
    I also found a 140 db siren for 40 dollars from jcwhitney that i probally have to buy since one of my friends hook up the siren directly up to the battery to see what it sounds like so most likely its fried.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast