Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: horrible Best Buy experience!!!

MiSeRy is offline loves company

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

horrible Best Buy experience!!!

i had an appointment to have my viper 791xv remote start alarm installed today. it ended up costing me $300 to have the alarm installed plus 2 mini piezo sirens a proximity sensor and the trunk release and a relay. i was told it would take 5 hours for the install. i was there when the doors opened this morning( i live an hour away).well i go in and pay for itmy wife couldnt go with me bc she had to work, so i told my sister if she would follow me up there and hang out for a while id pay for her gas and take her and her bf to lunch at red lobster and a movie. well we leave my car for installation and leave for 5 hours and 45 minutes. at this point my sister had to leave for the hour drive back to where we are from in order to have her bf to work on time. the guy in the audio shop tells me it will be atleast another hour which makes me upset but i didnt say anything. i figured id browse and play the video games. well an hour goes by and i go check on it. they tell me it will be another hour or two. WHAT THE ****? so now im pissed. i proceed to tell them they have had plenty of time and that i am trapped at best buy with no way of going . so i wait another 2 ****in hours and then it is finally finished at 8 pm. i spent 4 ****ing hours wandering around best buy waiting for my car. finally he is finished and goes over it with me. so i leave get about 5 minutes down the road and turn on the radio and low and beholdmy ****ing radio doesnt work. so back to best buy i go. i get there and the installer who installed my alarm had left. (BTW my radio would power on but only said"CODE" onthe screen). i spoke with another installer and he said i would have to call honda and get them to help me. ARE U ****ING KIDDING ME? I PAID $300 DOLLARS TO HAVE THEM WORK ON MY CAR AND NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM TO GET MY CAR BACK TO THE POINT WHERE IT WAS B4 I TOOK IT TO BEST BUY. that place will never touch my car again.

ruger is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: horrible Best Buy experience!!!

that *****

alpine cda-9813
    kinetik hc 600
    mtx thunder 240
    tc-oem 10" .5cu sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it took them 10 hours to do my car, which is double the time i was told it would take

pickup1 is online now Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    673 Post(s)

all that plus 300 to install?!
    theres a place in arlington that will put a remote start,2 way,including the alarm for $300.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it was $300 to install the remote start, 2 mini piezo's, a bypass module, a proximity sensor, trunk release and relay.he also hooked it up so that the alarm goes off if the trunk or the hood is opened. he said he was supposed to charge 39.99 a pop for the trunk and the hood sounding the alarm. i dont know if thats tru or he was feeding me a line of bs. he didnt charge me if he was supposed to. its not the install price i am pissed about at all, its the fact that it took 5 **** hours longer than it was supposed to . 4 hours and 20 minutes of which i was actually in the best buy store waiting for my car

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go find your manual.

What happened was this - your factory Honda stereo contains an onboard theft deterrent. Whenever it's removed or your battery is disconnected (I believe) you need to re-enable it with this code.

Go to your manual and find your code. All you have to do is type it in through your stereo preset buttons.

It's not *that* big of a deal. I understand you being pissed for the time thing, but that also has to be expected. Ever heard of the planning fallacy? Things ALWAYS take longer than you expect.

Your installer should know that the Honda things do this, but cmon, it's in your manual.

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiSeRy View Post
    it was $300 to install the remote start, 2 mini piezo's, a bypass module, a proximity sensor, trunk release and relay.he also hooked it up so that the alarm goes off if the trunk or the hood is opened. he said he was supposed to charge 39.99 a pop for the trunk and the hood sounding the alarm. i dont know if thats tru or he was feeding me a line of bs. he didnt charge me if he was supposed to. its not the install price i am pissed about at all, its the fact that it took 5 **** hours longer than it was supposed to . 4 hours and 20 minutes of which i was actually in the best buy store waiting for my car
    He IS supposed to charge you 40 bucks for each of those. It's a relay that they have to install and it's a standard charge.

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbread View Post
    Go find your manual.

What happened was this - your factory Honda stereo contains an onboard theft deterrent. Whenever it's removed or your battery is disconnected (I believe) you need to re-enable it with this code.

Go to your manual and find your code. All you have to do is type it in through your stereo preset buttons.

It's not *that* big of a deal. I understand you being pissed for the time thing, but that also has to be expected. Ever heard of the planning fallacy? Things ALWAYS take longer than you expect.

Your installer should know that the Honda things do this, but cmon, it's in your manual.
    it shouldnt take double the time regardless. and yea the radio thing isnt as big of a deal although i felt thats a problem they should have handled since they were being paid. the thing that really set me off was the time issue. if i wasnt so pissed about that, the radio thing wouldnt have bothered me at all

KaeZoo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You don't know your radio's anti-theft code? You would have had the same problem next time the battery got disconnected then. Best Buy didn't do anything wrong by disconnecting the battery doing an alarm install; though you could make the case that they should have warned you about the potential problem, there's not much they could have done to prevent it. Your radio goes into anti-theft code lock whenever it loses power. You need to go to the dealer to have it reset, and there's nothing they can do about that either.

As for your other complaint, you have a legitimate gripe that they took longer for the installation than they originally estimated. However, I'd personally rather they took extra time to make sure everything was done right instead of rushing to get it done fast and get you on your way. You can't always foresee what's going to be a problem or take up extra time during a complex installation.

My advice: provided the alarm installation is good quality, chill out. If the dealer charges you for resetting your radio, then you can call BB and if you're not a jerk to them, they may be willing to reimburse you or find another way to make you happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bestbuy FTmfL

SATX210 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiSeRy View Post
    piezo install is 19.99 a piece, prox sensor is another 39.99, pin switches are 24.99 a piece, trunk release is 44.99. just like everything retail, installers get backed up by helping others and checking in cars. it happens now get used to it. should have searched or asked others first. as far as the radio, it should be in your manual or call the dealership and give them the vin#. put it in yourself.
    maybe you should be more of a car audio enthusiast and install it yourself.
    :

58customs is offline KICK! JOE! KICK!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

10hrs!

I thought the 3hr wait I had to get new tires was long.

Sure you'll never get those 10hrs back but atleast it's done.

Refs: Mr. Loki, woc47, M Dot Holla, krisfnbz

ilvwhtgrls is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thats way too long for an alarm install. i would go get your code reset from the dealer and file a damage claim at the best buy. also, talk to the sales or service manager to refund you part of the install due to the inconvience of waiting an additional 5 hours and going to the dealership. be polite but firm and you should be able to get a ton of money back, this is coming from a former BBY mobile manager.

60ndown is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i would call management somewhere and complain , threatening better buisness burea etc, i bet if your polite but serious you will get a full refund?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbread View Post
    He IS supposed to charge you 40 bucks for each of those. It's a relay that they have to install and it's a standard charge.

Since when have you needed a relay for a merc switch or hoodpin?

I'm lazy...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Tag List