Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Problems With Alarm

BonusBobo is offline Lightweight Sesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Problems With Alarm

I got an AudioVox Prestige alarm today, and it worked fine and I thought it was pretty sweet at first. but then tonight at about 10, I pressed unlock, and nothing happened. so I pressed tons of buttons and it went into panic mode, after which I waited 30 seconds, and it went off. So I eventually ended up disarming the alarm after a few attempts at pressing the button. The same thing happened when I arrived at my destination and tried to arm the alarm. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I swear I pressed the button right. If you can't help me, just tell me I'd be better off talking to the guy who installed it. Give me some recommendations. I'm really concerned.

-AJ

AIM: AJR775
    My CarDomain
    [email protected]

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Problems With Alarm

Originally posted by BonusBobo
    I got an AudioVox Prestige alarm today, and it worked fine and I thought it was pretty sweet at first. but then tonight at about 10, I pressed unlock, and nothing happened. so I pressed tons of buttons and it went into panic mode, after which I waited 30 seconds, and it went off. So I eventually ended up disarming the alarm after a few attempts at pressing the button. The same thing happened when I arrived at my destination and tried to arm the alarm. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I swear I pressed the button right. If you can't help me, just tell me I'd be better off talking to the guy who installed it. Give me some recommendations. I'm really concerned.

Your first mistake was buying an Audiovox alarm. I would take it to the installer and desribe what you said. I have known many people who have had them installed. And the system worked for a week or so then crapped out. Not the greatest quality of alarms

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, it works fine now. I think I just needed to figure out how to work it. ***** a bought a ****** alarm though. Hopefully it won't crap out like your friend's did. Meh.

-AJ

My CarDomain
    [email protected]

lamontjersey is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

audio vox is ok, all t hose alarms are the same thing

dont believe the hype about alarms being better than others, they are just boxes with relays that lock when you apply voltages to them, plain and simple.
    you probably re programmed something when you started hitting buttons...when ever you have a problem with alarms its usually the remote, either the battery isnt making contact or the button isnt touching what its supposed to touch.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alright, thanks pimp.

-AJ

My CarDomain
    [email protected]

Closed Thread