Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Has your car been broken into and the only thing that stopped them was the alarm?

JL12W7INAGS300 is offline CA's Most Hated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has your car been broken into and the only thing that stopped them was the alarm?

I am just curious.... I see people spending hundereds of dollars to protect their car with the best alarm, but is it really worth it. Has it ever stopped someone (if you know) from breaking into your car/stealing your system? I don't worry about my stuff being stolen while I am at home (parked in the garage plus a pretty safe hood). The only thing that concerns me is that when I go to parties peoples cars ALWAYS get broken in to. My remedy for this so far has been parking 3-4 blocks away

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Has your car been broken into and the only thing that stopped them was the alarm?

when and if i go to a party, i always park a few blocks away and walk... cops come, they wont see your car around the house and kids wont mess with it

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Has your car been broken into and the only thing that stopped them was the alarm?

walked outa work and saw two guys looking in my car and trying the handle. the minute my alarm went off they ran off

Black_Jesus is offline The Unexpected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

only a totally deaf person would be able to be near my car long enough to do anything useful. fckin alarm is loud, just how i like it! installers said it was the loudest they have ever heard. when i was in the shop and they set it off in the install bay a few people ran out of the store, lmfao

either way, its a transponder system, so they have limited time, hope they work fast. or they will never work again!

Justin89T is offline I Drive A Supra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a year ago my buddy was parked in front of my house ( no alarm ) and i was parked up on the side of my house. His car got broken into and all his **** stolen, my car didn't.

there was still frost on the window when we woke up so you could see where they scraped at my window to see if i had an alarm... I did, so they didn't try anything else.

mokedaddy is offline professional idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just the other night I was sitting in my living room and heard my warn away chirp so I looked out the window and saw someone running in the parking lot. It appears as if he tried to push in the lock, but when it started chirping he ran off

'a man without enemies, is a man without character'

RFCV is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: Has your car been broken into and the only thing that stopped them was the alarm?

Check this story out and some excellent theft prevention tips:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ul.../t/000611.html

Rockford Fosgate Vintage Old School Fanatic: "A Passion For Performance"!
    Cerwin Vega! Turn It Up! Since 1954. "50(more)years of disturbing the peace"!

Stinger, "Higher Performance Car Audio Accessories"!

dB Drag Racing/Bass Race/Psychlone

It is better to be safe than sorry: Invest in a Alarm!

9512ds is offline I PWN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spudracer326
    walked outa work and saw two guys looking in my car and trying the handle. the minute my alarm went off they ran off

they would probably woul dhave thought your system was complete crap becuase they would never have heard of the brands and the subs are logoless you know

Chris Marshall owns my signature

refs:hardhitta47,ngsm13,Sonnick,Pl8er,Megalomaniac,CBFr yman2,path2spl,ionsql,jeeper07,99gtxgolfer,belunt, skierxx56,lincolnls,xploit2,asaner85,hardhittaz00
    goldtaz1,xploit,mtxthunder9500,go_go_thrash,TonyGu y,thetalkingshoe,gl0ck,massiveaudiocw,cd6551,Jeepi ntn,pimpedout97x,Louisiana_CRX,dadeschevyboy,PENER ,blue

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9512ss
    they would probably woul dhave thought your system was complete crap becuase they would never have heard of the brands and the subs are logoless you know
    i had someone down the street jack my jvc deck and my sony amp. pure crap. they'll take it just to make a quick buck whether it's a crappy brand or something they've never heard of.

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

dak0ta_g33k is offline whatR words4 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nothing special looking about my ride, except that it's waxed every weekend that i have time. no tint & stealth installed stereo. always overnite parked in apartment/barracks lots. no obvious break-in attempts since i got it two years ago.

\o0o_allan_o0o/
    2003 Dodge Club Cab
    Adire Koda 10s : MXA 8001
    Kicker SSMB6 : ID CD1e : ID NX30 : RE XXX 6.5 : MXA 6004
    Alpine iDA-x100 : 80gb iPod Classic

Closed Thread

User Tag List