Reload Thread: Alarm Systems

CrazeFuol is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alarm Systems

This subject may of have been used or maybe it is out of place, but I really feel with all the money we spend with installing car audio and performance to our car, I had to address it for myself...

I am not too fond of alarms because since I am only on my first car, I never REALLY had to buy one.

I heard That "Clifford " is the best alarm around. But I am not looking for the best. I am looking for one to suit my needs.. This is what I want my alarm to have:

*Loud Siren - I am not too sure how loud it CAN be (or what number to look for) but I do want something that is going to really make someone look and not just turn their head...

*Sensitivity - Not where Thunder goes off and my alarm goes but if someone tampers with my door handle or bumps against my car, the alarm WILL go off...

*Pager - I want to be alerted if my alarm goes off. I know someone sells that, I just do not know which company does. I do not need the screen(I have seen them around, just not alot), I just need to know if it goes off...

I mean if anyone can point me to the right direction with this or give me some ideas on how rate and price the alarm, that will be great(companies, certain words to look for, etc.). I just want to be able to get the alarm that will benefit me, not just have for fun...

rouskisman is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when someone replies to this could you give me a call to please? lol. ne wayz if someone does i hope to know about it.

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only place that i've seen sell an alarm with a pager is crutchfield. Or, you can always get a lojack. For those of you that don't know what it is, it's a little transmitter that is hidden in your car. If the alarm is either set off or cut(by the thief), the transmitter starts transmitting a signal to your local police station, and they can track your car, wherever it goes. The police go retrieve your car, thief is busted, you get your car back. The only downside is that i think you have to pay a monthly fee, something like $10 a month, not that bad though.
    http://www.lojack.com/foryou/index.htm
    Last edited by Moocow16; 10-12-2002 at 10:25 AM.

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or go here, they have some cool alarms.
    http://www.car-alarms-accessories.com/

Closed Thread