Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Viper 791xv problem

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Viper 791xv problem

Well my battery died in my car, have no clue why, but I got the batter charged back up, however my alarm isnt functioning properly. It will arm/disarm, however everytime I press the button, the transmitter beeps at me as if it were out of range. I dont think it even really arms my car, just locks and unlocks it. Any ideas?

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

95Eclipse is offline Car Audio Wh0R3

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Viper 791xv problem

sounds like it is in valet mode, try having drivers door open, hit lock, unlock, lock quickly... then it should come out of valet mode...
    if that doesn't work, you may need to relearn your remote... the 791 depending on what version it is, the remotes sometimes have problems with loosing comms...
    also possible that your battery in the remote is dying/dead...
    try the valet mode thing though...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Battery in the remote is brand new so thats not the case.

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Slody4Futbol is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've seen quite a few of these lately... make sure the antenna is plugged in all the way at the antenna... and at the brain... and try reprogramming your remote... other than i don'thave an answer right now

Been out of this for a longgg time...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I havent flipped through the book yet. How do I reprogram it?

Slody4Futbol is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

open the door... turn ignition on... press valet once... then press it and hold it... press lock and the siren should chirp... turn the ignition off and ur set

Been out of this for a longgg time...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Do I press the lock button while holding the valet button?

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

neither worked.. Im just gonna have to take it into Best Buy.. which is 2 hours away

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well my battery ran down today, I didnt let it charge up enough last night since I had my doors open, my headlights on and gidgets and whatnot on while I was test fitting my new sub box and making adjustments.

Anyway, my battery was completely dead this morning, so when I got the battery booster on it, all of the sudden my alarm start chirping and then it went off. I disarmed it with my transponder and now the transponder works with the alarm. How strange

Hook Me Up is offline It's Bad Boy Baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just hit the lock button 5 times in a row really fast, if that doesnt work, then hold the little black butotn on the bottom for 1 sec while the car is in the run position but isnt on... thats all i got

Custom Boxes - PM Me

References

Spkrman, LivinLife, chris96camaro
    Ebay Username - Shawn Kerrigan

AIM - Irishpub021

95Eclipse is offline Car Audio Wh0R3

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trancer
    Well my battery ran down today, I didnt let it charge up enough last night since I had my doors open, my headlights on and gidgets and whatnot on while I was test fitting my new sub box and making adjustments.

Anyway, my battery was completely dead this morning, so when I got the battery booster on it, all of the sudden my alarm start chirping and then it went off. I disarmed it with my transponder and now the transponder works with the alarm. How strange
    possibly a bad antenna... or something in the car or something around the car giving interference... SP sorry, anyway, I had a 790 XV and it would do that when I was around certain things, I had to put the remote on my windshield for it to work, then after I was out of the range, it worked fine, I swapped my antenna and it worked wonderfully from there out...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

well it works fine now like I said above

hifonics1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all u have to do it unplug the antenna and then plug it back in. thats it.

Closed Thread