Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Radar/Laser JAMMERS

MinorSkills is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Radar/Laser JAMMERS

Are there any Laser/Radar Jammers out there?? Affordable? If not, any of you guys have radar detectors? Are they worth it?

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Go over to http://www.carsound.com and do search in Richard Clark's forum. There was a post there a couple months back. That Richard told which one's actually worked and which one's were a waste of money. Sorry I couldn't be more help

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    passives can't work do to a thing called punch through---it is the strength of the jamming signal/real signal. a passive would have to have the antenna wrapped all up and down the car to get a good amount of signal to jam

MinorSkills is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, I heard of these Phantom Jammer/Detectors. Got any opinion on them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by MinorSkills
    well, I heard of these Phantom Jammer/Detectors. Got any opinion on them?
    it passive and doesn't work for the reason in my post above-------if you want a radar jammer you have to have an active one-------you know you turn it on and everybodys radar detectors go nuts--------though laser is a diferent story-----you can do a little to guard against it. no front license plate -----rear defuser over your license plate-----and matbe an active laser jamer
    Last edited by chris229; 08-14-2002 at 03:48 PM.

SoLoItHz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard many mixed thought/opinions about jammers. Some swear by them and some say they are better for a paper weight. Check out K40 detectors. They have a pretty nice guarantee on them. I think they will pay the ticket if you get one. I wouldn't get a jammer for the fact that they are such a crap shoot. It all depends on how you're getting clocked (front, back, angled, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SoLoItHz
    I've heard many mixed thought/opinions about jammers. Some swear by them and some say they are better for a paper weight. Check out K40 detectors. They have a pretty nice guarantee on them. I think they will pay the ticket if you get one. I wouldn't get a jammer for the fact that they are such a crap shoot. It all depends on how you're getting clocked (front, back, angled, etc.).
    there isn't any opinion on them--------they can't work ----read some radar ECM design books. the math very clearly state a PASSIVE system isn't going to jam anything. the power directed at the car is reflected by the car body---motor. the tinny--tinny antennea picks up a very very very small fraction of the energy the unit REraidates it back out in a unfocused manner. That means that only a very small amount was picked up and now only a faction of the REraidated energy is being sent back in the direction of the cop's radar gun. The signal to noise ratio is going to be EXTREMLY large. the real reflected signal from the car will STOMP OUT the jamming signal. you would have to put the passive jammer----IN the cops RADAR gun to EVEN start to be effective. as you really want a higher jamming signal level when compared to the real return signal. ----------whats the sense of having the company pay your first ticket ------if it is the insurance that kills you----------the angle of the energy doesn't matter to a jammer because the jammer "rings" all the filters so the gun can't see the real signal.

DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    For one you cant have a "Radar Jammer". The FCC wont allow them. The only products that you can have are laser jammers which do work. There are however many junk ones. You want one that works then buy one from rocky mountain radar. The jammers only work if the cop that tags you is running instant on laser and not radar(which most still use).

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html

24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Raven2201
    For one you cant have a "Radar Jammer". The FCC wont allow them. The only products that you can have are laser jammers which do work. There are however many junk ones. You want one that works then buy one from rocky mountain radar. The jammers only work if the cop that tags you is running instant on laser and not radar(which most still use).
    even a passive laser jammer isn't going to work..... as you would STILL need to output a high powered broadband light source to "ring all the filters in the cop gun that is stronger than the true signal------ let alone he have an upper hand by aimming the light source into a HIGH GAIN reflector------front bumper plate or a head light------------passive anything don't work--------physics proves it-----------------the design of laser is really no different than radar----------it's just at a higher freq----light
    Last edited by chris229; 09-05-2002 at 12:52 PM.

rouskisman is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Ok OK, enough w/ the Scientific crap what the question is if I'm speeding and i see a cop is there anything that i can buy to jam his radar?

DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No, there isn't. If he is using laser then yes, you can. Otherwise get yourself a good radar detector and hope he tags someone in front of you so you know he is there. Also, you can use the other approach and just don't speed. The best radar detector out there that I have seen is the valentine one.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html

24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by rouskisman
    Ok Ok OK, enough w/ the Scientific crap what the question is if I'm speeding and i see a cop is there anything that i can buy to jam his radar?
    BUY ----- no .... build ---yes

JDoggHSTX is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Build?

such as........?

98 Red Dodge Ram
    3 JL 12w3's
    Lanzar Vibe 1200d
    Pioneer HU
    Pair of JL 6x9's

One Serious Headache

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Build?

Originally posted by JDoggHSTX
    such as........?
    and illegal active jammer

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Build?

Originally posted by chris229
    and illegal active jammer
    Plans anywhere?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast