Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hey Jmac..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Hey Jmac..

Can you explain the 5250rpm principle? Where hp is something/5250=tq or something like that?

marleyskater420 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Hey Jmac..

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    33000/(2*Pi) = 5252.113122 (most round off to 5252)

It can also be written as Horsepower = Torque*RPM/5252, although it's not completely accurate ... but close enough ...
    so is tq=hp*rpm/5250?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

so if we know how to find tq. we can find the hp from it..and all the other crap along w/ it too....i am so reading this tommorow in class..

thanks man

ighettoboyi is offline Shot Caller

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

don't forget engine speed stoner

DTM HATER

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ighettoboyi
    don't forget engine speed stoner
    how about you **** my *** fukbag.

Maybe if you were here around longer than you've been, you wouldn't open your ignorant mouth like you do.

Crashking is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marleyskater420
    Can you explain the 5250rpm principle? Where hp is something/5250=tq or something like that?
    it scares me that you ask that question after i see what car you have and what you have done to it

i fear for the cars well being

****in nice set-up though

2006 Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4
    Dual alternator and batteries stock

4 6.5in polk momo component sets powered by a 650watt no name amp... bought this way

soon... some subsonic sounds

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashking
    it scares me that you ask that question after i see what car you have and what you have done to it

i fear for the cars well being

****in nice set-up though
    You'd be surprised at the random **** I don't know.

As for my cars well being, the ECM just blew, but that isn't related to anything I've done.

Maybe you shouldnt open your mouth until you know why people asked a question

Until you can educate me on resonant tuning of an intake manifold, and passive supercharging...I wouldnt be talking about how my car needs to be feared for.

This will be a general, if you know what you are talking about question:

Do 4 cylinders fire 2 cylinders at the same time?

[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'd be surprised at the random **** I don't know.

As for my cars well being, the ECM just blew, but that isn't related to anything I've done.

Maybe you shouldnt open your mouth until you know why people asked a question

Until you can educate me on resonant tuning of an intake manifold, and passive supercharging...I wouldnt be talking about how my car needs to be feared for.

This will be a general, if you know what you are talking about question:

Do 4 cylinders fire 2 cylinders at the same time?

[/QUOTE]

well that's a good thing that the ecm problem isn't related to anything you done... one less thing to give you a headache.... don't have to try and see what went wrong to cause that to happen

dude.... don't get all pissed off... didn't mean to hurt your feelings...i'm sorry i'm not as smart as you, o great one of all knowledge except for this one question that you so graciously placed upon us(i don't have it memorized off the top of my head either) it's just scary that someone that is around cars all the time would atleast know about that priciple.... or would just do a quick search on the net for it....

i might be able to educate you on that stuff sometime "soon"... well in about a year or so once i graduate UTI

as for the 4 cylinders... no i believe it is 1 at a time and not 2.... i'm not positive... didn't really go over that much in auto mechanics

i do know that viper v10's fire 2 cylinders at the same time from each bank... that's why some people hate em and some people love em... for the sound that they make

4 6.5in polk momo component sets powered by a 650watt no name amp... bought this way

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

sometime "soon"... well in about a year or so once i graduate UTI

as for the 4 cylinders... no i believe it is 1 at a time and not 2.... i'm not positive... didn't really go over that much in auto mechanics

i do know that viper v10's fire 2 cylinders at the same time from each bank... that's why some people hate em and some people love em... for the sound that they make [/QUOTE]

At least I know you know something about engine firing.

Its one at a time. Think of this-theres 4 parts to a cycle,and 4 cylinders, each cylinder is in one part of the cycle at any given point in time.

I didnt know the viper fired twice at once...why the hell would they do that...

Wouldnt they just fire one cylinder every 72 degrees?

Are you 100% positive they two at once? I don't see how the electronics on that would work..

For your info, I have known about this equation, just simply never looked into it. Never really concerned me, seeing as I know where my tq comes in, and my hp comes in, so I dont really need an equation In all honesty, I could have just called my GN buddy who has forgotten more than I will ever know, but it was too late at night.

I mean **** man, you expect me to make sure you know how to calculate bore from the piston diameter? You should be able to, but just because you dont remember the equation, doesnt mean you still dont know the principle.

I dont think I know everything,in fact I know very little, but assuming that I dont know about cars...well you dont know me

Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes it's 2 at a time. Almost all Inline engines are like that. Inline 5's got 3-2-3-2 though.

This keeps them running nice and smooth. An inline engine is smoother and has more torque than a v-design of the same number of cylinders.

Comming Spring 2009

I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sometime "soon"... well in about a year or so once i graduate UTI

i do know that viper v10's fire 2 cylinders at the same time from each bank... that's why some people hate em and some people love em... for the sound that they make
    At least I know you know something about engine firing.

Its one at a time. Think of this-theres 4 parts to a cycle,and 4 cylinders, each cylinder is in one part of the cycle at any given point in time.

I didnt know the viper fired twice at once...why the hell would they do that...

Wouldnt they just fire one cylinder every 72 degrees?

Are you 100% positive they two at once? I don't see how the electronics on that would work..

For your info, I have known about this equation, just simply never looked into it. Never really concerned me, seeing as I know where my tq comes in, and my hp comes in, so I dont really need an equation In all honesty, I could have just called my GN buddy who has forgotten more than I will ever know, but it was too late at night.

I mean **** man, you expect me to make sure you know how to calculate bore from the piston diameter? You should be able to, but just because you dont remember the equation, doesnt mean you still dont know the principle.

I dont think I know everything,in fact I know very little, but assuming that I dont know about cars...well you dont know me
    yeah i thought of the 4 cylinder / 4 cycle... be nice to have a 2 cycle though ... but i think i'd rather have a boosted v6(*cough* gn, syclone, typhoon *cough*) v8, or v10(viper!)

i do believe that it is 2 at once.... that's what i have read and heard everywhere... next time i'm at the viper shop that's around here i'll make sure to ask

yeah you should remember how to do everything atleast that's what everyone else thinks when they need help from someone else lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

yeah i thought of the 4 cylinder / 4 cycle... be nice to have a 2 cycle though ... but i think i'd rather have a boosted v6(*cough* gn, syclone, typhoon *cough*) v8, or v10(viper!)

i do believe that it is 2 at once.... that's what i have read and heard everywhere... next time i'm at the viper shop that's around here i'll make sure to ask

yeah you should remember how to do everything atleast that's what everyone else thinks when they need help from someone else lol
    Thats ridiculous they fire twice at once... I've just never heard of that. AWESOME!!

boosted GN w/ good heads=pwnage.

Personally, I'd take a SBC, bore it out, and TT the *****. Light engine, big power, sick car..hehe

I remember how to do most stuff Most things I need to know how to do, I can do...

Now engine building..I've yet to do that.

Closed Thread