+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: cost of gas

phoneman is offline i like pie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: cost of gas

less then 4 years ago in OKC it was $.99 gal

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

still glad i filled up at 2.88 or so..now its up to 3.55+

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Acidburn is offline Super Mod-like-guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so glad im not driving now, the nike express aint so bad but i sure do miss my Imp

MdOiDcEtRaAtToOrR
    1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 14.5 @ 94
    1967 Chevrolet Camaro 18.4 @ 74

power_turd is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WASHINGTON - Soaring gasoline costs prompted thousands of complaints Thursday to federal officials about alleged price gouging and demands by some members of Congress for an investigation into gasoline markets.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Energy Department reported more than 5,000 calls to its price gouging hotline from motorists around the country, although officials emphasized there was no way to immediately determine how many of the allegations were valid.

Department spokesman Drew Malcolm said the reports were being turned over to the Federal Trade Commission.

The states with the most complaints were North Carolina, Georgia, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, New Jersey, Michigan and South Carolina.

Meanwhile, attorney's general from a number of states held a telephone strategy session to discuss the rapidly escalating gas prices and possible investigations into gouging. Prosecution for price gouging is generally a state matter unless it involves some form of collusion or other activity in violation of federal antitrust laws.

Gas prices jumped 35 cents to 50 cents a gallon overnight in some areas pushing to well over $3 a gallon after Hurricane Katrina shut down nine Gulf Coast refineries, disrupted gasoline pipelines to the Midwest and East and stopped 90 percent of the oil production in the Gulf of Mexico.

"If we get consumer complaints about (gasoline) prices, we'll look at those complaints to find evidence of anticompetitive conduct," said John Seesel, the FTC's associate counsel for energy issues.

But Seesel said the FTC has no jurisdiction over an individual gas station operator raising his price, no matter how high, unless there is some collusion among retailers. A number of states, however, have anti-gouging statutes. Following FTC policy, he declined to say whether any investigation were underway.

On Thursday, Attorney General Troy King of Alabama initiated a private telephone conference with a number of his colleagues from others states to discuss strategy in response to the rising gas prices and reports of huge overnight spikes by some gasoline retailers. No details about the private discussion were available.

There have been isolated cases of unusually huge price jumps, including a gas station in Georgia that briefly charged $6 a gallon when competitors ran out of gas. In Michigan, there was a price jump of nearly $1 a gallon overnight, although prices then receded, according to Rep. Fred Upton (news, bio, voting record), R-Mich., who drove around his district on Thursday to gauge prices.

"Prices are averaging $3.19. It's as high as $3.58 from $2.61 on Tuesday," said Upton in a telephone interview. "My sense is the supply and demand equation does not fit a 60-cent (a gallon) increase in the last 36 hours."

"In Illinois, prices are reported to have shot up 50 cents per gallon overnight and the state attorney general received more than 500 reports of price gouging," nine Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee wrote the FTC, asking the agency to step up its review of gas markets.

"These increases go far beyond anything justified or relating to the market disruptions caused by Hurricane Katrina," wrote Rep. John Conyers (news, bio, voting record) of Michigan, the committee's ranking Democrat, and the other members.

____

Energy Department: http://www.doe.gov

Dtowncats is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where I am, the gas prices Wed. morning at 7:00 am were 2.59/gal. I got out of school at 12 noon and on the way home I noticed the same place was now at 2.89/gal. Then at 2:00 pm on my way to work it was 2.99/gal. After work(around 11:00 PM) it was 3.09/gal. Thursday morning it was 3.19/gal and that is where it is now. .50 in 1 day, that is rediculous!!!! Looks like it is time to give up the Mustang for a 4 cylinder. I always wanted a Legacy GT with a turbo. Anyone wanna buy a 92 Mustang GT?

bigluis is offline the youngest member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i herd it going to get to about 5.57 in n.o damm and we complain about 2.90-3.10

Quote "real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift em" marleyskater420

THE LATINO LIST

Bigluis
    slammed,td89,revrider1,talon2nr7588mikeoftulsa,SyK o13,SWEET06CAMRY,AJČ06,iluvslp, thesandman,shortman1124,bizflawless,AndonD454,Twis tid,CaliforniabOY5,xxxpower,Tonyguy,Orio5,basssqua red,quest51210

still need more people pm if you're mexican

vosschs is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i just paid 3.59 a gal! cant even get 3 gallons for ten bucks errr!

did anyone hear any stories on the news or something about gas going to lower after labor day weekend? or no

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Went up a penny to $1.21 this morning ... supposed to get as high as $1.50 / litre before it starts heading back "down".

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    Still 106.4 cents/liter here ...

I remember driving home from the Island last year. Prices increased as you got further and further away ... I had figured it was the opposite.

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

kustyn727 is offline UR IDOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gas is 3.70 where i live, its crazy. yesterday morning it was 2.61 and now it raised over 1.00 in a day

2001 Nissan Maxima SE
    (2) 12" 05 Type R's
    Orion 600D
    Alpine 9851

1997 Mercury Tracer (old system)
    Deck - Alpine 9851
    Subs - (3) 12" MA Audio Xl's
    Amp - Oriond 600D

KelicaJL is offline IZAHEMI03

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm... when i came into work this morning (with the V8 hemi and almost empty... ) it was 3.49... it supposed to be up to abootu $4 a gal. by this afternoon (when i get out of work and need gas... of course)

Import Life Tour - Detroit, MI - March 2004 ** ME N MY LIL SIS

KelicaJL is offline IZAHEMI03

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oo... and some gas stations have no gas... yay

Import Life Tour - Detroit, MI - March 2004 ** ME N MY LIL SIS

flakko is offline Veteran (my butt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think what my mom said was true.

just like when it hit 2 dollars, once it goes 3 it wont go lower than 3.

1998 Acura TL 3.2L
    Crappy Sansui DVD player
    Stock Speakers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hi ladies, my name is Wo-Hen Nankan"

"I like you. You have balls. I like balls."

jrz126 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's what we do...we go kick those enviromentalists in the head, then bust into Alaska and start drilling. then once OPEC has alittle competition, they'll drop their prices.

my latest completed project. My new work in progress, (62 leds in the roof) check out my cardomain site at http://www.cardomain.com/id/jrz126 (page 2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah my Gulf/Sunoco is out of gas. Also there were alot of poeple walking today

myspace

1993 Volvo 960 Luxury Sedan

Refs: Sake Pho Sho, Silentheaven389, macmood, iamslain, lemans23, desertheat (3), monte_carlo97 (7).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast