4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Re: Front end alignment

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    Dude shut the 'f' up bro.

"Take it to a place that will do it right and pay them whatever they want" makes you sound like a complete D-Bag
    I agree. The fact that I've been on this website for several days now and still posting, confirms that I'm a D-Bag. For the most part, you have to assume a car audio website is going be amateur hour with a bunch of kids that don't know they're *** from their elbow. How else can you ignore the completely ridiculous backyard recommendations that can't work, and take issue with the only sensible recommendation so far?

"The answer is simple. Take it to a place that will do it right, and pay them whatever they get. "

Take it to a place that will do it right. Now that's just bad advice. A reputable place that does a good job is never the cheapest. They shouldn't be. When you grow up, you may come to understand this. Maybe. But I can tell you for sure, that if a clown like you works on a car, he'll wish he would have paid $150-$200 for the alignment. Either way, someone like me is going to have to fix it.

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3758 Post(s)

Re: Front end alignment

Quote Originally Posted by sfall View Post
    "Gotta get the Jetta aligned so I'm interested in this as well."

The answer is simple. Take it to a place that will do it right, and pay them whatever they get. If you can't do that, then just don't do it. If you're off just a little bit, it won't take long to ruin your tires. You can listen to the mouth wrenchers with they're strings, eyeball's and all the rest of it. I'm sure they mean well, but they talk out of ignorance. The adjustments are too fine to do by eye. Like I said in my first post, if you can't do a run out compensation on the heads, and perform a caster sweep, you can't line the car. Its not debatable. Also, no one has mentioned alignment specs. You need the specs from the auto maker to know your cars requirements. You can't just set toe to 0 on every car. Different specs for different cars.
    Why is it you must talk like we're all idiots? I've lived in this world a long time. I'm not stupid...there may be a few members on here that may disagree but I'm not here to please everybody. Your statement take it to a place that will do it right, makes sound like this is my 1st rodeo. I already know these things and ask questions if I need/want to. Pay them whatever they get...how about pay them whatever they charge. Duh

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

User Tag List