+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Nail in tire but still keeping pressure

bubbagumper6 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nail in tire but still keeping pressure

Found a pretty big nail in my rear motorcycle tire (around 1" x 1/8"). At first I thought it might be part of the steel banding or whatever's inside the tire it was in so deep, I could only see the little nub on the outside (I assume the rest had been worn off as I was riding). Anyway, I managed to pull it out and holy cow it was an inch long and entirely embedded in the rubber. So now I have a gash in my tire however it's still keeping pressure no problem. It was in at a pretty parallel angle to the tire tread, so maybe it was just completely seated in the tread rubber and didn't puncture the inner tire which is why it's still keeping pressure?

So I'm wondering is the tire completely toast or is there something I can inject into the hole or ?

Pics below and thanks in advance guys.

In the last pic I tried to illustrate in red the angle and direction the nail was before I removed it...

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Nail in tire but still keeping pressure

If it were my bike..I wouldn't be hauling balls on it until I took it up to a tire shop and had them at the least place an inner patch just for safety measures.Hauling balls as most do on any bike and not taking the precautions may end you up licking pavement for the last time.Just sayin

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Slo_Ride is offline Midnight Rider

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

damn your bike is filthy. i would of left it in but since you already removed it and its not leaking (which is odd) i wouldnt worry about it.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

4. Likes michaellane liked this post
    bubbagumper6 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well it's not exactly a show-bike so yeah I don't really give two shits about how dirty it gets, so long as it keeps me riding

+ Reply to Thread