Popwarhomie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: comaro

Bore out the pistons huh?

Fuel injection > carb

1994 Ford Lightning
    Pioneer 80prs/AQ1200D/SA-8s/Kicker KS 6.5" comps/400.4/optima red top/200 amp alt/
    2010 Focus
    Pioneer 80PRS (3 way active)/(Walled) (2) DC lvl3 18's/AQ2200D/PPI800.4/(6)PPA mids/(4) PH25 tweets/AlphaDamped/KnuKonceptz wiring/102AH Batt

4. Likes momofx liked this post
    undone1 is offline never done..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by momofx View Post
    Give me a built, stroked and blown 69 SS ANYDAY!!!!!! Like everyone said, get an older one if you really want to go old skool custom and you will eat all the newer cars to **** as long as you know how to drive
    30k won't even get you close to being done....

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-77DH
    Tweeter : JBL GTI Kicker SX400.2
    Mid's / Midbass : JBL GTI Kicker SX900.4
    Sub : JBL GTI W15 Punch 150

Ref's
    Bought from: Orangecounty1 (CA) Vermithrax (CA) GnFnRs (CA) Pionkej (Diyma) Nismos14 (Diyma) The Dude (Diyma) Matdotcom2000 (Diyma)
    Sold to: Bjayjr5679 (Diyma) 3DollaBillz (CA) Pjc (Diyma)
    Traded w/:

momofx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

LOL it depends what kind of skills you got Honestly I think its sad to see some people try to get into custom cars without any skills on building one THEMSELVES. The market out there eat those kind of people alive together with their wallets - Sad but true. Lets just say I am thankful my dad thought me how to remove and install carbs when I was around 10

Also, 30k can get ME an SS built, WELL under 30k infact cos its also WHO you know it the automotive world besides WHAT you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL it depends what kind of skills you got Honestly I think its sad to see some people try to get into custom cars without any skills on building one THEMSELVES. The market out there eat those kind of people alive together with their wallets - Sad but true. Lets just say I am thankful my dad thought me how to remove and install carbs when I was around 10

Also, 30k can get ME an SS built, WELL under 30k infact cos its also WHO you know it the automotive world besides WHAT you know
    If you include trading hours and/or bartering for USED stuff,you ''might'' get under or close to 30k,but with stroked and blown in same sentence,hell thats over 10k right there using sbc,let alone use bbc or ls series,another what 3-4k in supporting mods,(rear,trans,suspension,etc,) and have not even included the cost of the car yet...

Ref's
    Bought from: Orangecounty1 (CA) Vermithrax (CA) GnFnRs (CA) Pionkej (Diyma) Nismos14 (Diyma) The Dude (Diyma) Matdotcom2000 (Diyma)
    Traded w/:

GAMEOVERCCA is offline INCRIMINATOR AUDIO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by f250 View Post
    I want a comaro but can't spend 30k dollhairs. I'm pretty good with the other cars and engines. Don't like the new computers and everything on the new cars. My question is, since they stopped making um in 02, I would get a 2010. Could I.buy a blown one, and put in a old 350 and just get it rebuily and put in a bigger cam, bore out the pistons, ext ect and just not have the computer for the engine and all? Ik I sound like a Retard but I don't know anything about the new cars....
    you dont sound like a retard, you sound like your a perfect fit for ca.com

Subs
    2 IA Death penalty 15's
    Highs and Mids
    2 IA Comp sets
    Amps
    1 AB VFL200.1
    1 Mmats SQ4150

Batteries
    3 Deka intimidator 1000amp 100ah AGM's

9. Likes gckless liked this post
    momofx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undone1 View Post
    If you include trading hours and/or bartering for USED stuff,you ''might'' get under or close to 30k,but with stroked and blown in same sentence,hell thats over 10k right there using sbc,let alone use bbc or ls series,another what 3-4k in supporting mods,(rear,trans,suspension,etc,) and have not even included the cost of the car yet...
    Haha yep, I was thinking about used REPUTABLE stuff. One thing I learned from buying used is that you can buy a used Garret turbo or Kenne Belle SC that will run forever if properly maintained and save a ton of cash as well - the type of deals you run into also plays a MAJOR role and having the money at the right time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha yep, I was thinking about used REPUTABLE stuff. One thing I learned from buying used is that you can buy a used Garret turbo or Kenne Belle SC that will run forever if properly maintained and save a ton of cash as well - the type of deals you run into also plays a MAJOR role and having the money at the right time!
    could not agree more,hell we take junkyard engines,change cam,leave rest alone,and spray them deep into the 11's (11.2-11.3 range)and yet to have one let go on us..

Ref's
    Traded w/:

12. Likes momofx liked this post
    raptor727 is online now come get some!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I got a 2002 Trans Am Ls1 for sale... it's pretty fast for stock and is a head turner 40,000 miles mint condition for only 12,500

C.Jeep is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

98-02,with the 6spd,around $3800 + 150 shot,would walk all over any "streetable" old school sbc combo you can come up with..and be cheaper and way more reliable..
    Maybe a V6.. least were im from you cant find a decent good condition 95- and up Camaro with a 5.7 Ls1 under 5000

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

comoro huh? is that the one that came with the hemi?! Better watchout for those rusty muffler bearings & clogged up connutor valves on those Hey I have a spray kit on my barstool, wanna race?!

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Jeep View Post
    Maybe a V6.. least were im from you cant find a decent good condition 95- and up Camaro with a 5.7 Ls1 under 5000
    ever since new gen has came out,the prices have dropped significantly,out here there are plenty of camaro's (z28) ls1's for cheap...condition will vary of course..then again there are plenty of the 4th gen in the junkyards to pull parts from...hell there have been several SS model for sell in the 5-6k range....

Ref's
    Traded w/:

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

dollhairs?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

C.Jeep is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ever since new gen has came out,the prices have dropped significantly,out here there are plenty of camaro's (z28) ls1's for cheap...condition will vary of course..then again there are plenty of the 4th gen in the junkyards to pull parts from...hell there have been several SS model for sell in the 5-6k range....
    yeah i suppose, your in cali to ya know.. im in minnesota and only get to drive the car 5 months out of the year.. SS (older ones up to 02) are always 7500+ around here.. and up to 14k.. many factors of course like whats done to them, motor, miles etc..

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Lol who in their right mind would want a 2010 body anyway. They are hideous. Lol get a 93-02 and work with that chassis.

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

20. Likes C.Jeep liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast