Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Aw ****...

So last week i was in a hurry and had my oil changed at a quick lube. The next morning i start my truck (02 chevy 1500 140k) and it blows a huge cloud of smoke like bad valve seals. its also stubborn to start, takes 2-3 tries. Truck has never smoked before i've had it for 6 months and its never used oil i changed it last and it wasn't low. Now my truck smokes about 3/5 times in the morning. It clears up, but man i don't see how it needs a valve job. Nothing I did. What could cause this after an oil change? Its blue smoke also, not black... Recycled oil? Too thin seeping past the seals? Could it be flooding? The dash is not showing a check engine light. Im trying to avoid having to tear it down for a while. It doesn't seem to be using. Just need some input, Thanks

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Chaotic_Thought is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Re: Aw ****...

Isn't blue smoke indicative of blown head gaskets?

ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

or steam or water on the dipstick, none of that here. Wouldnt it do it continously? This clears up after 5-10 seconds. Just like my old chevy truck, thats why im worried. Thanks

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.

goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    864 Post(s)

sounds more like they may have over-filled the engine and blown/cracked the piston rings then drained the oil back down when they realized what they had done hoping it had done no damage, I have seen this done one other time to a toyota but after helping the moron drain it back down his engine was still ok yours may not have been so lucky!

5. Thanks ThatChevyGuy thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

But if it was a ring wouldn't it continue to smoke? Ill keep checking the oil but it hasnt moved and its dead on 6qts. I'm never going to a quick lube again, this was my first time. It might be time to trade it off (while the motor is warm lol)

REFS:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Im gonna change the oil this week with a quart of lucas and hope for the best. I think it might be the oil, it does feel thin and smells burnt.

If you want it done right...

REFS:

Chaotic_Thought is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity, did you switch from full synthetic to conventional?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

No, i did switch oils though and this seems like its not what i asked for and is recycled.

REFS:

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1416 Post(s)

I had an older Honda that would smoke from time to time, and couldnt figure out what the heck it was..an old timer told me to change my PVC valve,and I did, and it was clogged up/changed the hose, and the PVC valve..old timer was right

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Yeah i thought of that also (Pcv), thanks. Turns out it was the oil, something wasn't right with it. It turned a redish copper color in a matter of 2 weeks and would run down the stick (too thin). I definately don't think i got what i paid for...

REFS:

Closed Thread