Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Has anyone used these before? (Struts for 03 Dodge Neon)

The_Grimy_One is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Has anyone used these before? (Struts for 03 Dodge Neon)

Looking for a suspension upgrade and came across these...

STAGG SHS SET 4 STRUTS SHOCKS & SPRINGS DODGE NEON 00 to 05 | eBay

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these or the company. With the price of the Tokicos rising so high, suspension upgrades are at a premium.

Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 12" TC Sounds 2000 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imjtnotu

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

Re: Has anyone used these before? (Struts for 03 Dodge Neon)

never heard of them......see what i can find out about them with my import buddies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

found these on another forum

"I took a chance and bought these for my 97 Camry off of Ebay since the price was so dirt cheap. When I compared the Staggs with my factory struts, everything matched up and the paint job was top notch. The compression and rebound were significantly better than the stocks. The car now holds corners much better than before and rebounds from road dips noticeably well. The ride is firmer than before (I guess you could say more European) but I prefer that to softer ride that compromises handling. So overall, I'm very satisfied with these struts; the only question is will these struts last? Only time will tell. I do not recommend switching out the stock springs ... at least with my car. The Staggs did a good job of firming the entire suspension system. I've tried KYB's (too soft) and Tokico's (too hard) and believe the Stagg's is a good compromise between both. Once again, the price of the Staggs was too good to not try them out. "

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    found these on another forum

"I took a chance and bought these for my 97 Camry off of Ebay since the price was so dirt cheap. When I compared the Staggs with my factory struts, everything matched up and the paint job was top notch. The compression and rebound were significantly better than the stocks. The car now holds corners much better than before and rebounds from road dips noticeably well. The ride is firmer than before (I guess you could say more European) but I prefer that to softer ride that compromises handling. So overall, I'm very satisfied with these struts; the only question is will these struts last? Only time will tell. I do not recommend switching out the stock springs ... at least with my car. The Staggs did a good job of firming the entire suspension system. I've tried KYB's (too soft) and Tokico's (too hard) and believe the Stagg's is a good compromise between both. Once again, the price of the Staggs was too good to not try them out. "
    Lasting is important. Lol.

Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

"I just got mine yesterday. Took them over to a friend who owns a Napa Autocare center for a look-see. After checking them out and then running the stamped-on part number, he seems to think they are actually Bilsteins. Possibly an offshore arm of Bilstein, they are made in China by the way. The part numbers are exactly as described in the ebay auction and are stamped on the shocks/struts themselves. The color of the parts is sort of a gun-metal grey. Is this comparable to Bilsteins IDK? I will try to post some pictures here shortly, my wife had the camera yesterday. Can't wait to get them on the car to see how they feel for $160."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

Ride is exceptional. Smooth. Responsive. No harsh bumps. Have not hit bumpstops yet.

Springs have settled a little.

Went from

27" Front
    26" Rear

To

26 7/8" Front
    25 3/4" Rear

I am riding on Firestone Firehawk GT-Z 245-45-17 inflated to 42lbs with OEM SE rims. Max psi on these is 51lbs. Anything under 40lbs is too soft...

...extremely happy with the swap from Maxspeed/Tokico Blues (Had set-up for approx. 60k miles) to this set-up

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Good looking. I may take a shot at them.

ankit91 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read up a lot on them a while back when I was looking for cheap shocks/struts for my car. Basically what I got was they were good shocks for stock replacement but not for an upgrade (better handling or with lowering springs). If you keep your expectations at that, if you get anything better than that handling wise...good, if not...that's fine too.

dragonrage is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No idea about that strut brand but Vogtland is a reputable spring manufacturer. Not sure if you made a decision or not, OP...

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Selling/Trading soon...
    Ebay: ddfromma | Heatware feedback: ddfromma

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    No idea about that strut brand but Vogtland is a reputable spring manufacturer. Not sure if you made a decision or not, OP...
    I have not. With the price of Tokicos going up. I am leaning towards just getting some Monroe Quick struts to save me time and hassle. Not sure if they will change the ride height at all, I doubt it. But I just need new suspension, doesnt have to be anything fancy. I talked to some more people about the set I had put up on this thread, and they said that the struts blew out after about 10k miles.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Bumped this old thread to show off my Monroe Quick Struts! I didnt wanna deal with any hard work! Lol. And wanted to keep it close to OEM.

Closed Thread