Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Reload Thread: Fuel Delivery issues?

  1. #1
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Fuel Delivery issues?

    I don't want any "tl;dr", so here's the short:

    When I shift and let out the clutch, then give it throttle immediately after, my car will hold the rpms for about one second or so, then accelerate. It almost seems like it didn't grab the gear, and then all of a sudden it's good to go. Power delivery also is not especially smooth, meaning when I hold a constant throttle, it feels akin to a gear in the transmission that has a few sheared teeth (but it is like this in every gear).

    Also, when I do a cold start and continuing on until the car warms up, the rpms waver down a few hundred rpm, and then back up again, in what seems like a distinct pattern. It's similar to a vacuum leak, but the "up-down" intervals are more spaced out. Once it has warmed up enough, it stops.

    I was told that the latter issue was the IAC, which controls the choke in order to properly warm up the car. This makes sense and hopefully will either totally disappear or get better after I clean the throttle body and the sensor.

    While the former issue feels like a clutch issue, I have a strong feeling it isn't because it doesn't slip when going uphill, or when I am full throttling it and hit a rut in the road, and I would think that the issue itself would involve not a lag in the rpms, but a rise in the rpms and a lack of movement. A local mechanic thinks it's a clogged fuel filter, and told me to clean the injectors and throttle body, run a tank of gas through it, and then change the filter. He says that the lag is from the system building up enough pressure to where it gives in and operates normally again (not his exact words, but you get the point).

    Do both of these diagnosis make sense, as well as the attack plans? I think I'm gunna hit it with some fuel injector cleaner and clean the TB/IAC tomorrow, but I want to know if the fuel delivery system is even a probable cause of my two issues.



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior




  2. #2
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Drat, that was too long. Best I could do...



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

  3. #3
    06goat's Avatar
    06goat is offline bumpin bluegrass



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    i think your cars tryin to tell you your gay



    2006 GTO
    800prs
    Audio System X--ion 70.6 PLUS
    Dayton Ref's

  4. Thanks Suicide Bobb thanked for this post
  5. #4
    06goat's Avatar
    06goat is offline bumpin bluegrass



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    but the lag problem seems like your transmission is sticking.. thats what I got from reading that. the IAC problem is most likely the problem with the inconsistent rpms, but you know cars, nothings ever that easy.



    2006 GTO
    800prs
    Audio System X--ion 70.6 PLUS
    Dayton Ref's

  6. #5
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by peatree View Post
    but the lag problem seems like your transmission is sticking.. thats what I got from reading that. the IAC problem is most likely the problem with the inconsistent rpms, but you know cars, nothings ever that easy.
    Soooo true! I don't know how my transmission could be sticking though...it's a manual btw



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

  7. #6
    stangman67's Avatar
    stangman67 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Does it catch at all going into gear?? Certainly seems like the clutch isn't disengaging completely



    04 Focus
    4 sa-8
    Solid f2500
    JVC highs amp
    Parts express drivers for high end

    REFS
    Sold to: RidnClean, thegreatestpenn, MrChow, Tuck05, whitem1ke88, moo_awn, Ray21, ben031681
    Bought from: Mike465, Shinju (x3), azngotskills, Hazardous0388

  8. #7
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    What do you mean by "catch"?



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

  9. #8
    stangman67's Avatar
    stangman67 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Ie is it hard to put it into gear?



    04 Focus
    4 sa-8
    Solid f2500
    JVC highs amp
    Parts express drivers for high end

    REFS
    Sold to: RidnClean, thegreatestpenn, MrChow, Tuck05, whitem1ke88, moo_awn, Ray21, ben031681
    Bought from: Mike465, Shinju (x3), azngotskills, Hazardous0388

  10. #9
    Bob Saget's Avatar
    Bob Saget is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    I don't want any "tl;dr", so here's the short:

    When I shift and let out the clutch, then give it throttle immediately after, my car will hold the rpms for about one second or so, then accelerate. It almost seems like it didn't grab the gear, and then all of a sudden it's good to go. Power delivery also is not especially smooth, meaning when I hold a constant throttle, it feels akin to a gear in the transmission that has a few sheared teeth (but it is like this in every gear).

    Also, when I do a cold start and continuing on until the car warms up, the rpms waver down a few hundred rpm, and then back up again, in what seems like a distinct pattern. It's similar to a vacuum leak, but the "up-down" intervals are more spaced out. Once it has warmed up enough, it stops.

    I was told that the latter issue was the IAC, which controls the choke in order to properly warm up the car. This makes sense and hopefully will either totally disappear or get better after I clean the throttle body and the sensor.

    While the former issue feels like a clutch issue, I have a strong feeling it isn't because it doesn't slip when going uphill, or when I am full throttling it and hit a rut in the road, and I would think that the issue itself would involve not a lag in the rpms, but a rise in the rpms and a lack of movement. A local mechanic thinks it's a clogged fuel filter, and told me to clean the injectors and throttle body, run a tank of gas through it, and then change the filter. He says that the lag is from the system building up enough pressure to where it gives in and operates normally again (not his exact words, but you get the point).

    Do both of these diagnosis make sense, as well as the attack plans? I think I'm gunna hit it with some fuel injector cleaner and clean the TB/IAC tomorrow, but I want to know if the fuel delivery system is even a probable cause of my two issues.
    IAC stands for intake air control, it controls the RPM of your vehicle when you're vehicle isn't moving. Engine temperature has nothing to do with it.

    Remove it, as well as the throttle body & spray them down w/ a degreaser. (you gotta clean the hole in the t/b this sits in or it won't make a difference. Also, be careful not to twist/push on the IAC when you clean it....it will screw it up.

    might be a good idea to disconnect the battery before you re-install it....that way the PCM resets & wipes out the ****** idle memory.




  11. #10
    Bad4health's Avatar
    Bad4health is offline Hymen Removal Specalist



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    charlotte, NC
    Posts
    886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by peatree View Post
    but the lag problem seems like your transmission is sticking.. thats what I got from reading that. the IAC problem is most likely the problem with the inconsistent rpms, but you know cars, nothings ever that easy.
    if it has wires, wheels or boobs its gunna give you problems



    itrader here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=73815
    itrader caco: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=5805
    itrader csco: http://www.carstereoclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=154
    ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=9845josh&ftab=A llFeedback

  12. #11
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachfeen View Post
    Ie is it hard to put it into gear?
    Nope



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

  13. #12
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by username™ View Post
    IAC stands for intake air control, it controls the RPM of your vehicle when you're vehicle isn't moving. Engine temperature has nothing to do with it.

    Remove it, as well as the throttle body & spray them down w/ a degreaser. (you gotta clean the hole in the t/b this sits in or it won't make a difference. Also, be careful not to twist/push on the IAC when you clean it....it will screw it up.

    might be a good idea to disconnect the battery before you re-install it....that way the PCM resets & wipes out the ****** idle memory.
    Thanks for the help!



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

  14. #13
    roarzorz's Avatar
    roarzorz is offline lulzorz



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    vag
    Posts
    2,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Sounds like you already got some good advice. My first line of attack would be to change the fuel filter, clean fuel injectors, and clean the tb and intake manifold. Seafoam that bish.




  15. #14
    Slayerx's Avatar
    Slayerx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Ya, looks like these guys gave you all the right advice. Man I miss carburetors....
    I'm having a similar problem with the idle RPM's as well, does it whether its warmed up or not. I'm hoping its just the auto choke
    Anyways, GL!



    2000 Acura TL
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    JBL MS-62C
    Kicker CX300.4 (Temporary)
    Subs TBD (IAD 10" or 12" possibly)
    Eclipse XA1000 (Till I need/want more power)

    Sold to: ctmaudi, Trancer, Germ305, RAM_Designs, lrc131
    Bought from: gentlejax, 2lows10, eL_wEEnIe, --Navi--, wu501, trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    i turned my pornhub off for this

  16. #15
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Re: Fuel Delivery issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick824 View Post
    Sounds like you already got some good advice. My first line of attack would be to change the fuel filter, clean fuel injectors, and clean the tb and intake manifold. Seafoam that bish.
    Well the reason you should replace the fuel filter last is that if you replace it, then knock all the crap off the injectors and what not, it's just going to clog up the new filter.

    But yeah, seafoam wouldn't be a bad idea. I already seafoamed my engine internals (oil related stuff), and then my oil pump just so happened to decide to fail the next day...



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum