Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Fuel injected TBI to carbureted swap help?!

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Fuel injected TBI to carbureted swap help?!

Can somebody point me to some forums or something, i need some resources for what all i need.
    I got a 91 chevy 1500 with a '70s lt1 that had the tbi just thrown on it so it would run

So far i have peiced together

1. Edelbrock performer intake
    2. holley 650 carb
    3. mechanical fuel pump (block mounted)
    4. fuel cell
    5. fuel line(s)

Any one know? Ive never done this

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Fuel injected TBI to carbureted swap help?!

the problem with doing that is you cant just 'peice' **** together and ever expect it to run right, in fact I would never dump TBI in favor of a carb, better yet would be to put fuel injection on it, doesnt it have power or something?

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

youd want carbureted as built as this motor is, thats why. its got the stock computer and intake thrown on it, and its choking it

And why wouldnt it run right? I havent done the swap yet, i just got the stuffs. This isnt a daily driver btw

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Blazin_Jason is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does the block even have the casting for the mechanical fuel pump?

Tirefryr is offline PoonTang Addict!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you know it's "built enough to need a carb," then you would know what you would need to make this swap.

Anyways, you may need a different distributor as well. The rest of what you have listed is about all you'll need. You will have to modify the sending unit on the intank pump as well to act as nothing more than a pick-up.

And yes, the block does have the casting for a mechanical pump. GM had a HO version of their small block called the LT-1 in the early 70's. The later LT-1s (gen II) gained fame in the vette and camaro and caprice and trucks, but most people don't know of the previous moniker.

A bunch of SSA stuff.

Closed Thread