Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Water in oil? Need advice

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Water in oil? Need advice

Just picked up a 91 chevy shortwide with an LT1 motor. I drove it home, no problems. I pulled the dip stick and at the bottom of the dipstick the oil looks normal, but above that there is a milky mixture all the way up the stick with little beads of water. I was thinking blown headgaskets, but it does not white smoke, nor does the oil in the pan have water in it, and it runs perfect. Advice?

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Water in oil? Need advice

milky mixture all the way up the dipstick, as in the majority of it is milky?

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

its not mixed, the bottom of the stick is brown and normal, atop the oil there is the milk mixture all the way up the stick... Weird huh?

I dropped the pan today and did an oil change, havent run it yet though, but the oil had no milkiness to it. I've seen oil in a motor with blown headgaskets, and it was like chocolate milk.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99oldsintrigue View Post
    its not mixed, the bottom of the stick is brown and normal, atop the oil there is the milk mixture all the way up the stick... Weird huh?
    this is where i am confused. Up the stick as in up in the piping for the dipstick and everything?

maybe it HAD a blown headgasket, and the owner didnt bother to clean up?

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

thats what im thinking, im going to drive it tomorrow and check it again. I also talked to a mechanic who said that i need a breather style oil cap because without condensation builds up on the top of the motor and produces the same effect?

REFS:

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has the vehicle been sitting around for a long time. Water well moister will build up after a good time. Also has is the PCV system looking to you take a look at the PCV valve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99oldsintrigue View Post
    thats what im thinking, im going to drive it tomorrow and check it again. I also talked to a mechanic who said that i need a breather style oil cap because without condensation builds up on the top of the motor and produces the same effect?
    I seen alot of that before. More with vehicles sitting around alot.

Plottin4success is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do a compression test. Remove 1 plug at a time and there is tool you can buy that screws into the head. Unhook the coil and crank the truck. It wont fire, it will just turn over. Read what the guage says while someone else is cranking the truck over.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

its been sitting for three months without a breather over the TB, so it probably is just build up like ive been told, at least, thats what im hoping for.

REFS:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you have just build up o moisture. I have seen it alot with GM vehicles. And just ones that are never run that much..

And if you do a compression tests. Disconnect the injectors. Either by fuse or each one. Or you will soak the cylinders. And If you do might as well do a leak down as well.

Plottin4success is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioatg View Post
    I think you have just build up o moisture. I have seen it alot with GM vehicles. And just ones that are never run that much..

And if you do a compression tests. Disconnect the injectors. Either by fuse or each one. Or you will soak the cylinders. And If you do might as well do a leak down as well.
    Forgot about that. I've only done the test on carbed vehicles. LOL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Good news, went and took it for a drive (well did a 200ft burnout) and everything is normal!

REFS:

Lonnie is offline 6'6 White Giant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This very reason is one of the reasons why I check fluids before buying a car lol.

But yea...glad to see it aint nothing major

Jacoby is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you should change your car engine oil because in further time they can create lots of problem of your car.

Audi A6

Closed Thread