Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: what to buy?

hawaiian5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what to buy?

ok, i got a lil over 1200 to spend on my cars engine. i know it aint alot, but i have it right now and im stuck on what to buy. im not looking to put performance upgrades, just looking to keep the engine running smooth. i have a 3.0 v6 honda accord. i already changed the water pump, timming belt, sparkplugs,..rebuilt trans,....what else do u guys think i should do? the car has 115000 miles on it...

SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: what to buy?

nothing at all if it runs fine bank the money til you need it for a repair

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

altoncustomtech is offline SQ or BUST

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YIKES! All that already at only 115,000?!!? If it was me I'd consider getting rid of it, todays cars should easily pass that mileage without so much as changing the waterpump, sparkplugs yeah. Timing belt and rebuilt trans before 115k, either the thing's a lemon or Honda's cars aren't as good as I thought they were. Considering what you mentioned I sure as hell wouldn't put any performance mods on it, you'd kill it fast.

Just my worthless .02

-={1998 Chevy Venture Van}=-
    Kenwood KDC-X991
    Hifonics AS62Ci 6.5" Components front/rear
    Sundown SAE-100.4
    Pair of 12" Fi Car Audio Q subwoofers in 4.2cuft NET tuned to 32hz.
    Sundown SAZ-2000D
    REFS -- Bought From: TV559

SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats what i was thinking when i said bank the $$$$ lolz

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

altoncustomtech is offline SQ or BUST

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

reading > me... nevermind on the comment about the performance parts, missed the "NOT" in the OP... still can't believe you've had that much trouble already at 115k though.... if you changed the spark plugs go ahead and change the wires too, they're more important than you think... get a K&N or GREEN (or whatever color the name is of the brand) air filter, reusable and help add a little HP to the engine, definitely help it run smoother... Not to much else to mention that doesn't get into performance stuff... I dunno if there's an aftermarket ignition coil for it or not, that wouldn't hurt either....

I'm outta ideas, hope someone who knows the cars in and out can help you more....

-={1998 Chevy Venture Van}=-
    Kenwood KDC-X991
    Hifonics AS62Ci 6.5" Components front/rear
    Sundown SAE-100.4
    Pair of 12" Fi Car Audio Q subwoofers in 4.2cuft NET tuned to 32hz.
    Sundown SAZ-2000D
    REFS -- Bought From: TV559

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by altoncustomtech View Post
    YIKES! All that already at only 115,000?!!? If it was me I'd consider getting rid of it, todays cars should easily pass that mileage without so much as changing the waterpump, sparkplugs yeah. Timing belt and rebuilt trans before 115k, either the thing's a lemon or Honda's cars aren't as good as I thought they were. Considering what you mentioned I sure as hell wouldn't put any performance mods on it, you'd kill it fast.

Just my worthless .02
    You do know that the recommended mileage for changing the timing belt on a lot of cars is at 65k, even California I believe it is a mandatory thing. Most people can get away with changing the timing belt out at around 100k, which is the "normal" increment to change it at. The water pump, and transmission who knows... He could be a ****** driver.

OP - Get the best (suitable) sparkplugs, and wires that is recommended for your car, not recommended by a repair shop or dealership, but by other Accord owners. Definitely get a new intake, be it cold air, or warm air, most of the time, an aftermarket unit is far superior to a stock (oem) intake. An exhaust would be my next upgrade, as you can't put too much on a car and expect it to go fast with a ****** exhaust. (While these are "performance parts" you should still see quite a bit of improvement with everyday driving. Especially with a new less restrictive intake, you should gain a couple MPG across a full tank of gas.

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i should have been more clear about things...nothing on my car broke except for the tranny. and even that would have lasted longer if not for my ex gf who i was with at the time. broke it on purpose. anyways i changed all of that just because i wanted to. honda reccomends changing the timming belt at 75000. i was a lil late. lol. since i was doing that, i figured i have the water pump replaced also. all of which was done at 103000 miles. the car is a 2003. same car u see in my avatar. i just dont wanna wait for something to happen. i figure since the miles are high, might as well start getting new things. a lil at a time instead of wait and take the chances of not having the money to pay for it. BEING A SINGLE PARENT IS HARD WORK. ESPECIALLY WITH THE COST OF LIVING IN HAWAII.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiian5 View Post
    ok i should have been more clear about things...nothing on my car broke except for the tranny. and even that would have lasted longer if not for my ex gf who i was with at the time. broke it on purpose. anyways i changed all of that just because i wanted to. honda reccomends changing the timming belt at 75000. i was a lil late. lol. since i was doing that, i figured i have the water pump replaced also. all of which was done at 103000 miles. the car is a 2003. same car u see in my avatar. i just dont wanna wait for something to happen. i figure since the miles are high, might as well start getting new things. a lil at a time instead of wait and take the chances of not having the money to pay for it. BEING A SINGLE PARENT IS HARD WORK. ESPECIALLY WITH THE COST OF LIVING IN HAWAII.
    So are you looking for parts to just have as backups? That's what I took from the bolded.

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44

Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If its not broken, why "fix" it? I say bank the money til somethings needs replacement.

I say this, because what if you replace part A, then two weeks later part B breaks and all your money was spent on part A which would still have worked fine.

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:
    Sounds good.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i talked to guy on another site to do with hondas here is a few things he said that i might wana take a look into cause of my high milage. i also noticed that when my car is on their is very lil pressure coming out of my exhaust...

fuell pump
    radiator
    hoses
    injectors
    cylinder heads....not really buy just to keep inmind
    o2 sensors
    high flow cat
    exhaust
    and light weight headers.......
    what do u guys think?

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

buy a universal turbo kit with intercooler on ebay

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cars automatic...besides i like superchargers way better. and its a family car. me and my son.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i talked to guy on another site to do with hondas here is a few things he said that i might wana take a look into cause of my high milage. i also noticed that when my car is on their is very lil pressure coming out of my exhaust...

fuell pump
    radiator
    hoses
    injectors
    cylinder heads....not really buy just to keep inmind
    o2 sensors
    high flow cat
    exhaust
    and light weight headers.......
    what do u guys think?
    cars automatic...besides i like superchargers way better. and its a family car. me and my son.
    A few of those will up the horse power a bit, and your son would be tempted to hot rod it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hes already tempted....and hes only 8

Skip01 is offline Diggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dont waste money on performance parts like exhaust, headers, etc.

Itll just make more noise than anything else....you wont notice a difference.

Dont need any of the other stuff you listed unless its throwing a CEL...or running bad /getting bad mileage

YOUTUBE VIDZ:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast